or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Grado GS 1000 look like GS1000i. True?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado GS 1000 look like GS1000i. True?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

Is there really no difference in the looking of both Versions beside the Package? I don`t want to get the GS1000 by accident

post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollehumpen View Post
 

Is there really no difference in the looking of both Versions beside the Package? I don`t want to get the GS1000 by accident

 

I think the only visible difference is that the GS1000i have a thicker (but shorter) cable

post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 

finally an info. thx! does anyone know the length of one of them as a reference for me.

post #4 of 11

It's easier to tell from how thick the cable is:

 

  • The GS1000i has a cable the same thickness as the current SR225i / SR325is / RS2i / RS1i / PS500 / PS1000 models.
  • The GS1000 cable is the same thickness as on the current SR60i / SR80i models.
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 

ah ok. i only have the old SR 80. but i think compared to them the cable of the SR80i is a little bit thicker, and the cable of th GS 1000i is a lot thicker right?

post #6 of 11

Yes, exactly right.

 

The cables going from the earcups to the Y splitter should be almost twice as thick on the GS1000i, compared with your SR80

post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 

huge thanx to you! pretty hard to get info about it. nothing in www. until here.

post #8 of 11

No problem, happy to help!

post #9 of 11

Honestly, not tooooo much difference in sound quality imo. Cable durability is a plus since they're not detachable/replaceable. So either one you get you should be happy with. :D

post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradofan1 View Post
 

Honestly, not tooooo much difference in sound quality imo. Cable durability is a plus since they're not detachable/replaceable. So either one you get you should be happy with. :D

also good to know. i wish i could compare both pairs but i wont be able to do that in the next future.

You say, that the cables are not detachable/replaceable on the GS 1000i. But isn`t that the same on the GS 1000?

post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollehumpen View Post
 

also good to know. i wish i could compare both pairs but i wont be able to do that in the next future.

You say, that the cables are not detachable/replaceable on the GS 1000i. But isn`t that the same on the GS 1000?

No grado cables are detachable. Of course, like all headphones, they can be rewired at your own expense.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Grado GS 1000 look like GS1000i. True?