The DAC that uses no off the shelf DAC chips.
Chord uses a "Xilinx Spartan 3 FPGA offers 1.25 million gates, allowing the designers to implement eighth order noise shaping, the highest of any manufacturer." - Quoted from Enjoy The Music review linked below
Chord Electronics QBD76 DAC Is it up to the challenge of getting the best out of Redbook, Bluetooth and high resolution sources.
This is such a good sounding DAC that I had to have it after listening to it. I got carried away and don't really need 5 dac's. Selling it is my attempt to reclaim back an acceptable level of normalcy. I don't need 5 dacs or 6 phonostages...alas, to my wife's dismay I am weak for good quality audio. Ok back on topic...
Here is my personal take on it.
I have a thing for digital done right with no "digital" artifacts. I seek out digital gear that sounds really analog as I get a headache with digititus. This QBD76 has a warm, full bodied sonic signature with probably the best bass presentation in the business.
The sound quality and presentation of the Chord QBD76 is EXTREMELY sophisticated, with vivid textures, yet ease of presentation. It will not assault you or fatigue you. It will caress you, yet has an authority in the bass that will ground your listening. Frankly, I've never heard any DAC like this one...the British Chord company has really put forward a very musically satisfying foot forward with this piece.
- 1, 2 and 4 sec RAM buffer (The 4 second buffer has the fullest and warmest sound IMHO). Effectively eliminates jitter on any digital input.
- Bluetooth AptX streaming (Can stream music from any bluetooth device as well)
- FPGA based digital decoding. No DAC chips.
- Probably the best build quality in the business!! Even an army tank can't hurt this thing.
- Digital Inputs: Bluethooth, SPDIF COAX, BNC, AES, OPTICAL, USB
- Supported sampling rates: 44.1Khz, 48Khz, 88.2Khz, 96Khz, 176.4Khz or 192Khz
- 120dB of Dynamic Range which is extremely high.
- Has a very stout 6V rms Balanced output and 3V rms unbalanced/RCA output.
- Unit can be powered on any voltage in the world. Worldwide power compatibility.
* I will ship unit in CONUS. Worldwide shipping is extra. Paypal fees extra 4%.
Edited by shaizada - 2/20/14 at 6:58pm
* Will come extremely well packaged!