New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: Ostry KC06 - Page 7

post #91 of 2292
My pair has arrived! Well...not yet in my hands, but it is at my local post office of which I shall pick it up when I go home. biggrin.gif
post #92 of 2292
Update! They sound good!
post #93 of 2292
How good ❓
post #94 of 2292
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

How good ❓

I've only used them for an hour only, so I won't say much, but my first impressions are as follows:
- Doesn't claustrophobic
- decent treble. Is definitely there, and aids in making the IEM sound neutral, although it does lean a touch north of neutral with its bass.
- Separation is pretty good for a somewhat budget IEM.
- Definitely musical, much similar to the RE0, although I'll only know more once I use this thing more.
- Bass is good with its balanced sub-bass, and has good body.
- Vocals are not veiled at all! (A big plus for budget IEMs as most seem to be veiled)
- Clarity! There's clarity! No vibe in the background that make them sound unclean, so this is a big plus. For me, anyways.

That's all for now. I'll give them time, and let you guys know more.
post #95 of 2292

Second day in...

 

Still diggin' them. B)

 

post #96 of 2292
They are purdy😍💕plus next week or so I'll be receiving my x5😎😃
post #97 of 2292

 

Interested in hearing the comparison between this and Havi B3

post #98 of 2292
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post
 

Second day in...

 

Still diggin' them. B)

 good,looking forword to your review, i am waiting for the 06A revision to come out. 

post #99 of 2292
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbose View Post
 

 good,looking forword to your review, i am waiting for the 06A revision to come out. 

Don't think I'll have much time for a review, but I will leave some impressions along the way:)

 

EDIT: Actually, maybe a mini-review:)

post #100 of 2292
Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
 

Interested in hearing the comparison between this and Havi B3

 

Here's a friend's impression of the B3 v1 vs. the KC06. He isn't active on head-fi, but has heard a lot of IEMs and we happen to hear things quite similarly:

 

Quote:
Moving on to the HAVI-B3. Great tips or not, I'm afraid that the HAVI-B3 is no contender for the KC06. In fact, I honestly can't think of any noteworthy aspect in which the HAVI-B3 performs better at. All things considered, they're quite the discourse from the transparent and airy sound of the KC06. Instead, the HAVI-B3's overall tonality sounds relatively dark. All the while, there exists an audible peak up top that seldom renders them sibilant, and as of yet tips don't seem to help much in that regard. I can't say whether or not their sound will "settle in" at any point, but having to listen to the HAVI-B3 when the KC06 is just within arms reach is not going to happen all too frequently. The KC06 is simply a better performer in nearly all aspects, and that's the sheer truth of it.
post #101 of 2292

Thanks! Damn, didn't expect total beatdown. This makes waiting for 06A harder, though I understand that sometimes "improved" version doesn't necessarily mean better (most are different tuning like increased bass instead).

post #102 of 2292
Wait for my comparisons between the havi b3proi and kc06 gold...im getting the gold kc06 today 😊😎
post #103 of 2292
1+ on making the havi b3proi sound dark and congested 😁😍...just put the on my ears on volume 5 on my hsa studio 3rd anv. And almost went deaf😲...they are so loud and efficient.....and sound quality is on the $400 level.they easily remind me of my fx850 in soundstage and openness and also the clarity level...just need only a little bit more bass and dayum😲😵
post #104 of 2292
They are so tiny and they disappear in my ears and the gold is beautiful 😍💕
post #105 of 2292
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
 

 

Here's a friend's impression of the B3 v1 vs. the KC06. He isn't active on head-fi, but has heard a lot of IEMs and we happen to hear things quite similarly:

 

Quote:

Moving on to the HAVI-B3. Great tips or not, I'm afraid that the HAVI-B3 is no contender for the KC06. In fact, I honestly can't think of any noteworthy aspect in which the HAVI-B3 performs better at. All things considered, they're quite the discourse from the transparent and airy sound of the KC06. Instead, the HAVI-B3's overall tonality sounds relatively dark. All the while, there exists an audible peak up top that seldom renders them sibilant, and as of yet tips don't seem to help much in that regard. I can't say whether or not their sound will "settle in" at any point, but having to listen to the HAVI-B3 when the KC06 is just within arms reach is not going to happen all too frequently. The KC06 is simply a better performer in nearly all aspects, and that's the sheer truth of it.

 

 

I doubt the he was comparing with B3 Pro MK1, because that thing is transparent and airy, and isn't dark at all nor sibilant (with Sennheiser tips).

His description sounds like a complete opposite of B3 Pro MK1.

B3 performance is on a level with IE80.


Edited by BenF - 3/28/14 at 6:32pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: