Did a little comparing with the SoundMagic E10 today.
- Vocals on the KC06 sound more up front compared to the more V shaped E10.
- Sub bass seems similar in quantity but the E10 has more overall bass quantity due to more mid bass.
- KC06 might be a little faster in bass; has a bit better bass texturing.
- KC06 sounds brighter, airer and clearer.
- KC06 has a little better resolution.
- Both have very good treble timbre but the E10, while not having the airiness of the KC06, does have more realistic treble timbre that never steps out of line while maintaing very good sparkle. I can't stress enough how good the E10 treble is imo.
- While treble timbre is better on the E10, overall instrument timbre and realism is better on the KC06.
- You can play the E10 louder without the treble becoming to much; the KC06 has its limits- too loud and it gets a little uncomfortable. (probably shouldn't listen that loud for very long anyway)
- If I was looking for an iem to use for yard work or exercising, I'd go for the E10 as the extra mid bass helps in noisy environs, plus the ability to go a little louder without fatigue (The E10 has been my yard work iem for over 2 years now). Otherwise the KC06 is little bit more balanced across the spectrum (but still with elevated bass), with a bit more intimate vocal and better micro detail.
The KC06 is really good, and not just really good for the money. My top 3 budget phones are now the MH1, KC06 and E10.
(edited to reword a few lines)
Edited by shotgunshane - 3/25/14 at 7:02am