or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: Ostry KC06 - Page 145

post #2161 of 2535
Got these and I quite like them, they sound just as measured by Tyll, fairly neutral.The flaws are the lack of subbass and sibilance. But I got solutions for both.

First off while the midbass levels are nice on these the bass just felt damped and cut at the lowest tends. From my experience with vent modding I decided to fiddle with both vents.
Simply put blocking the top vent reduces bass and blocking the nozzle vent increases bass, especially subbass. I have covered both vents and placed a pinhole on each and the bass is way better than stock IMO. Treble also seems to change but not quite sure yet, seems less sibilant
Edited by Inks - 7/1/14 at 5:43pm
post #2162 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post  Simply put blocking the top vent reduces bass and blocking the nozzle vent increases bass, especially subbass. I have covered both vents and placed a pinhole on each and the bass is way better than stock IMO. Treble also seems to change but not quite sure yet, seems less sibilant

 

That's sort of what James did, I think.

post #2163 of 2535

I'm a treble dude.  Wasn't too thrilled with the treble with the Tenores as it sounded smooth to me.  Clarity was good though, but there are QC issues with them as some people are reporting driver degrading, and bass level inconsistancies, and I personally think my drivers degraded over time(I recognize brain burn-in, and this time I don't think it was it).  

 

I'm curious how the treble is on the Ostray, if it has a good palette?  Not leaving out really thin, micro to nano details?

post #2164 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Got these and I quite like them, they sound just as measured by Tyll, fairly neutral.The flaws are the lack of subbass and sibilance. But I got solutions for both.

First off while the midbass levels are nice on these the bass just felt damped and cut at the lowest tends. From my experience with vent modding I decided to fiddle with both vents.
Simply put blocking the top vent reduces bass and blocking the nozzle vent increases bass, especially subbass. I have covered both vents and placed a pinhole on each and the bass is way better than stock IMO. Treble also seems to change but not quite sure yet, seems less sibilant

Only thing I didn't like about the Ostry was the low end. Are you planing to acquire some KC06A's as well inks?
post #2165 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post

I'm a treble dude.  Wasn't too thrilled with the treble with the Tenores as it sounded smooth to me.  Clarity was good though, but there are QC issues with them as some people are reporting driver degrading, and bass level inconsistancies, and I personally think my drivers degraded over time(I recognize brain burn-in, and this time I don't think it was it).  

I'm curious how the treble is on the Ostray, if it has a good palette?  Not leaving out really thin, micro to nano details?

I also found the Tenore smoother up top then I would otherwise look for. However, and as you've noted, clarity was good and I was adjusting quite nicely VS my GR07 BE.
post #2166 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Got these and I quite like them, they sound just as measured by Tyll, fairly neutral.The flaws are the lack of subbass and sibilance. But I got solutions for both.

First off while the midbass levels are nice on these the bass just felt damped and cut at the lowest tends. From my experience with vent modding I decided to fiddle with both vents.
Simply put blocking the top vent reduces bass and blocking the nozzle vent increases bass, especially subbass. I have covered both vents and placed a pinhole on each and the bass is way better than stock IMO. Treble also seems to change but not quite sure yet, seems less sibilant

Just tried this and yes, bass seems better by a fair amount actually, nice improvement

post #2167 of 2535

Holy ****, sometimes I'm really surprised at how lovely the Ostry KC06 can sound, they pretty much have an ideal tonality (aside from the lack of subbass)

post #2168 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Holy ****, sometimes I'm really surprised at how lovely the Ostry KC06 can sound, they pretty much have an ideal tonality (aside from the lack of subbass)

Ostry should release a higher tier IEM around $200-$300, I'd be the first to preorder

post #2169 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyedZ2ez4 View Post
 

Ostry should release a higher tier IEM around $200-$300, I'd be the first to preorder

Hell yeah, I'd grab it a heartbeat too. This company definitely knows how to tune an earphone

post #2170 of 2535
lol hehe, am I the only one here who think KC06 utterly lack of sibilance, in fact I'd love for its high to be more bold and splashy hehe.
post #2171 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post

lol hehe, am I the only one here who think KC06 utterly lack of sibilance, in fact I'd love for its high to be more bold and splashy hehe.

KC06 definitely have minimal sibilance, if it's really pronounced on the record it will still show in my case 

Still an extremely smooth headphone, no regrets

post #2172 of 2535

KC06 is nice, but I prefer the subbass bumped up KC06A. Mids aren't as forward, but the bass is really nice, especially on movies.

 

Would love to see an Ostry flagship. Havi flagship too.

post #2173 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

KC06 is nice, but I prefer the subbass bumped up KC06A. Mids aren't as forward, but the bass is really nice, especially on movies.

 

Would love to see an Ostry flagship. Havi flagship too.

Nice! KC06A sounds really appealing, nice dose of subbass is what KC06 really needs

Heard the Tenores?

post #2174 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Nice! KC06A sounds really appealing, nice dose of subbass is what KC06 really needs

Heard the Tenores?

Just got the Tenores. Haven't spent enough time with them, but they seem too bassy and not very neutral at first.

post #2175 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Just got the Tenores. Haven't spent enough time with them, but they seem too bassy and not very neutral at first.

Oohhhh, controversy - don't post that in the Tenore thread, they'll gang up on you mercilessly :P
 

 

...but seriously, heard there was variations between Tenores - some have a bassy pair, some have a more neutral pair etc. QC kinda sucks over at Zero Audio

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: