New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: Ostry KC06 - Page 142

post #2116 of 2319

Can anyone give me a slight comparison between the Astrotec Ax35 and the KC06?

post #2117 of 2319

The only thing the Ax35 does better is bass quantity and thats all. For me everything else the KC06 does better. Clarity, airy vocals, instrument separation, awesome mids, sweet highs. I feel that the Ax35 is smhw V-shaped, the mids is slightly recessed and Ab'ing the ax35 and kc06 proves this clearly. I have grown on the KC06 ever since and I actually prefer the bass quality and texture on the KC06 now. In short I'd take the Ostry KC06 anyday over the Ax35, I barely use my Ax35 now ever since i got my KC06. If those 2 are your only options I'd highly recommend the Ostry :wink: 


Edited by SyedZ2ez4 - 6/7/14 at 9:39am
post #2118 of 2319
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyedZ2ez4 View Post
 

The only thing the Ax35 does better is bass quantity and thats all. For me everything else the KC06 does better. Clarity, airy vocals, instrument separation, awesome mids, sweet highs. I feel that the Ax35 is smhw V-shaped, the mids is slightly recessed and Ab'ing the ax35 and kc06 proves this clearly. I have grown on the KC06 ever since and I actually prefer the bass quality and texture on the KC06 now. In short I'd take the Ostry KC06 anyday over the Ax35, I barely use my Ax35 now ever since i got my KC06. If those 2 are your only options I'd highly recommend the Ostry :wink: 

+1 . i have both too btw. 

post #2119 of 2319
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyedZ2ez4 View Post
 

The only thing the Ax35 does better is bass quantity and thats all. For me everything else the KC06 does better. Clarity, airy vocals, instrument separation, awesome mids, sweet highs. I feel that the Ax35 is smhw V-shaped, the mids is slightly recessed and Ab'ing the ax35 and kc06 proves this clearly. I have grown on the KC06 ever since and I actually prefer the bass quality and texture on the KC06 now. In short I'd take the Ostry KC06 anyday over the Ax35, I barely use my Ax35 now ever since i got my KC06. If those 2 are your only options I'd highly recommend the Ostry :wink: 

Hhaha I'm also looking at the new Vsonic VSD3, but there is only gonna be more stocks at the end of this month... I'd probably just get the KC06a instead though

post #2120 of 2319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphus0204 View Post
 

Hhaha I'm also looking at the new Vsonic VSD3, but there is only gonna be more stocks at the end of this month... I'd probably just get the KC06a instead though

i also have the kc06A. if you want more bass then go for it. i like both kc06 and kc06A equally. 

post #2121 of 2319
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiohurric4ne View Post

i also have the kc06A. if you want more bass then go for it. i like both kc06 and kc06A equally. 

What is the difference In sound between the two?...I have the KC06 and love them so I will be looking at the "A" version when they come out again...
Edited by smith - 6/8/14 at 2:40pm
post #2122 of 2319
I received the KC06 & the Tenore both in the same week and since the beginning I was reaching for the Zero Audio IEM so I decide to put the Ostry on the exercise cycle and let them burn for two days. Today I connected them to my DX50 and listening to the Eagle album Hell Freezes Over and the first thing that shock me was how the bass was now full and more detailed. Now the KC06 have great extension of both extreme and the mid are oh so good. Time for the Tenore to go on the treadmill. ;^P
post #2123 of 2319
Thread Starter 

^ that's right! the KC06 can give a great bass with the right source! :basshead:

post #2124 of 2319
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith View Post


What is the difference In sound between the two?...I have the KC06 and love them so I will be looking at the "A" version when they come out again...

to my ears, the kc06A's sound is similar to the kc06 but with more bass and treble. when i plug the kc06A into my sony f800, the bass is a little bit too much for my but with colorfly c3 its perfect

post #2125 of 2319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

I received the KC06 & the Tenore both in the same week and since the beginning I was reaching for the Zero Audio IEM so I decide to put the Ostry on the exercise cycle and let them burn for two days. Today I connected them to my DX50 and listening to the Eagle album Hell Freezes Over and the first thing that shock me was how the bass was now full and more detailed. Now the KC06 have great extension of both extreme and the mid are oh so good. Time for the Tenore to go on the treadmill. ;^P


I've been doing the exact opposite.  I also got them both at the same time, and since the beginning was reaching for KC06.  There was no reason to switch to the Tenore.. the few times that I did I would switch back immediately bc they just didn't sound right.  Or rather, I saw no reason to switch to them. 

 

But then their hype train took off, so for the last week+ I've been using the Tenore.  They're pretty good for certain types of music, but the purpose here is to burn-in my brain to Tenore sound and then see what happens if I listen to KC06. 

post #2126 of 2319
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrian View Post
 


I've been doing the exact opposite.  I also got them both at the same time, and since the beginning was reaching for KC06.  There was no reason to switch to the Tenore.. the few times that I did I would switch back immediately bc they just didn't sound right.  Or rather, I saw no reason to switch to them. 

 

But then their hype train took off, so for the last week+ I've been using the Tenore.  They're pretty good for certain types of music, but the purpose here is to burn-in my brain to Tenore sound and then see what happens if I listen to KC06. 

 

As much as I love the Tenores (which I had to send back for exchange btw) and get my brain burnt into them, whenever I switch back to the KC06's I'm equally as happy. They are both great. 

post #2127 of 2319

I'm looking to see if there's a bigger reaction.

 

KC06 for 2 weeks to Tenore > "Hmm.. okay, that's pretty good"

Tenore for 2 weeks to KC06 > Same?  or "WOWOWOWOW".  We will soon see..

post #2128 of 2319
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrian View Post

I'm looking to see if there's a bigger reaction.

KC06 for 2 weeks to Tenore > "Hmm.. okay, that's pretty good"
Tenore for 2 weeks to KC06 > Same?  or "WOWOWOWOW".  We will soon see..

Didn't quit understand... Are you going to give the kc06 a 2 week break?

Anyways, I'm with wanes world. They are both great, but the tenores have something special going for them.

I'd like more bass sometimes, does the kc06 have highs that remain smooth?
Edited by daveyostrow - 6/9/14 at 9:14pm
post #2129 of 2319

I've given KC06 about 10 days' break so far.  Give me a few more days of Tenore and then I'll see how KC06 sound with my brain burnt to Tenores.  What I'm saying is that when I did the same in reverse, I wasn't blown away by Tenores.  

 

I'm not sure that you're agreeing with Wayne's World unless I've misunderstood his post.  But I do agree that both very good with few flaws between the two of them.  

post #2130 of 2319
Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post

Heard Kc06 and tenore via dx90 today (amazing player!), it only help me further away from ever buying tenore. tongue.gif

Also heard se215, im50, re400 and re600. I Iike IM50 best out of the bunch but the fitting is nightmarish.
so you find im50 better than ostry kc06?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: