New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: Ostry KC06 - Page 123

post #1831 of 2240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastapipo View Post
 


mochill reviews in mysterious ways, nice to hear your first dozen impressions! Wished he did it more traditional though ;)

 

 

Look like these are right up my alley. Lets wait what others think of it (peter123?, loan?)

Sorry mate, I just got the KC06 without that magic "A" :beyersmile:

post #1832 of 2240

Still loving the KC06 ... I am still just using them straight out of a Iphone 4 and I also think they do benefit a lot from "burn in"....

 

The mids and soundstage just seems to open up so much more...Bass is ok (looks like the KC06A takes that to another level!) lacks a little definition when going low. But for its price point

they are fantastic!

 

Keep those impressions of "A" version coming.....

post #1833 of 2240

All this talk of KC06A might drown me out, but the Heir tips from lunashops arrived last night.  I'm testing out but initial impressions are that there is a punchy bass now and everything has tightened up a bit.  Very nice sound.   I'll give more impressions later (along with more Tenore comparison).

post #1834 of 2240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrian View Post
 

All this talk of KC06A might drown me out, but the Heir tips from lunashops arrived last night.  I'm testing out but initial impressions are that there is a punchy bass now and everything has tightened up a bit.  Very nice sound.   I'll give more impressions later (along with more Tenore comparison).

I also ordered those tips but will probably be a couple of more weeks before they arrive, Meanwhile I'm using the tips from my Fidelio S2's and they work very well. They do actually look very similar to the Heier tips if I'm not mistaken.

 

Looking forward to the comparison to the Tenors.

post #1835 of 2240
A lot of kc06 offloading soon.....40...no...30bucks ...:-)
post #1836 of 2240
If they go down to 30 I'll scooping up a few extra pairs
post #1837 of 2240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrian View Post
 

All this talk of KC06A might drown me out, but the Heir tips from lunashops arrived last night.  I'm testing out but initial impressions are that there is a punchy bass now and everything has tightened up a bit.  Very nice sound.   I'll give more impressions later (along with more Tenore comparison).

Yup the heir tips has definitely brought it up a notch well for me atleast. I could not use the stock tips anymore. Before i got mine, was using the ue900 silicone tips and i thought that has improved it abit more comparing to the stock ones but the heir ones was spot on. I wonder how tips really make a different though because the tips from lunashop arent even expensive. Btw when did you order yours? It takes a while right from lunashop? Mine took forever

post #1838 of 2240
popcorn.gif waiting for shenzenaudio to have them, to order both 6 and 6a
post #1839 of 2240
The kc06a(amazing😁) new tips creates a better seal and sound tunnel creating amazing airflow and impact never smearing the other spectrum of the sound range 💕😍...wouldn't know how this magic is possible but I found a company that I will be buying all there creation when ever they release anything. I mean. ANYTHING!!!!!😋💕😃😁😍😎
post #1840 of 2240
Nice. YouTube video 😃 don't understand the language but yes its very natural sounding 😎
post #1841 of 2240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

A lot of kc06 offloading soon.....40...no...30bucks ...:-)

Would not do that until I heard them side by side and it may even not KC06 which will get the boot... wink.gif

Then again, why not both? tongue.gif I mean they're both pretty cheap compared to a lot of IEM.
post #1842 of 2240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

A lot of kc06 offloading soon.....40...no...30bucks ...:-)

Where?! :eek:

post #1843 of 2240
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyedZ2ez4 View Post
 

Yup the heir tips has definitely brought it up a notch well for me atleast. I could not use the stock tips anymore. Before i got mine, was using the ue900 silicone tips and i thought that has improved it abit more comparing to the stock ones but the heir ones was spot on. I wonder how tips really make a different though because the tips from lunashop arent even expensive. Btw when did you order yours? It takes a while right from lunashop? Mine took forever


I think I ordered them on April 16-17, and then got notified that it shipped April 25.  Got here May 13, so it's 12-18 business days depending on how you look at it.  Not nearly as bad as I thought.  I'm in Canada.

 

These Heir tips are a lot stiffer than the Sony Hybrids (green) I was using before.  I guess as they are slightly larger and don't flex as well, they kind of sit outside of where the Hybrid, which means a bit less seal and less isolation.  That's the first thing I noticed this morning on the train.  And because there's less seal you cannot wear them cable down, it has to be around ear and I've also put in the plastic sleeve to hug my ear better.  Anyway -- listening on a noisy street or restaurant, you may have to turn your music up a few notches. 

post #1844 of 2240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrian View Post
 


I think I ordered them on April 16-17, and then got notified that it shipped April 25.  Got here May 13, so it's 12-18 business days depending on how you look at it.  Not nearly as bad as I thought.  I'm in Canada.

 

These Heir tips are a lot stiffer than the Sony Hybrids (green) I was using before.  I guess as they are slightly larger and don't flex as well, they kind of sit outside of where the Hybrid, which means a bit less seal and less isolation.  That's the first thing I noticed this morning on the train.  And because there's less seal you cannot wear them cable down, it has to be around ear and I've also put in the plastic sleeve to hug my ear better.  Anyway -- listening on a noisy street or restaurant, you may have to turn your music up a few notches. 

I cant use them in noising environment..the isolation is not decent like people would say. To me isolation is poor. Even in the car i dont enjoy them much because its like your not hearing everything as its noisy. I use them for studying alot in libraries or at home i can use 6-7hrs straight non stop. So 2 use for me is for studying and sleeping lol

Now the hype is up for the KC06A which interests me, because the bass seem to be deeper which I would love my ostrys to be. So bass improved, highs maintained which I like, mids pronounced which I like more. I just hope it has abit more of height soundstage and better ISOLATION. Considering its almost the same shape and size I bet Isolation would not be so much better. :(

post #1845 of 2240

Although Shenzhen and Penon would be the best places (and quickest) to buy the KC06A, you might find some on Taobao still available. Mine should arrive in two weeks.

 

If the 06A retains the clarity of the 06 with improved bass impact and soundstage, I might have found my new favorite IEM. So far the Havi B3 and KC06 share first place, with the Havi slightly ahead.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: