- 1,612 Posts. Joined 3/2006
- Location: Maryland, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 4/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- I have two pairs of the same earphone....But they sound different? Last post on 1/12/15 at 10:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- review brainwavz S0 , ckx9 , C10 & more to come . Last post on 1/15/15 at 5:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- battle of the iem's vsonic gr07 mk2 bass edition vs zero audio tenore vs ostry kc06 Last post on 11/10/14 at 8:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Between the Gr07 & Ostry KC06A Last post on 3/29/15 at 1:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help please! IEM's while using a CPAP machine to sleep are way too noisey! Last post on 11/14/14 at 11:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
REVIEW: Ostry KC06 - Page 116
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't count your vote since your impressions of KC06 were based on memory and I wasn't sure which one you liked more by your impressions
Thanks.. I hadn't seen that traitorous post by @DannyBai !
Lolz Wha? Memory? I never had KC06's to begin with. I just wanted a free ticket to Hypeville Valley. I hear they have nekomimis 😋
No but seriously, they were in my possession when I posted my thought here. The problem is the owner isn't me... tho I am the one who purchased them.
I swear that the IEM manufacturers have planted you into head-fi to wreak havoc on all of our wallets!
And isn't this thread about the Ostry anyway? Go resurrect the old Ocharaku threads
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I agree with the vwinter's ostry sound assessment but I don't think the separation is that impressive, but maybe it's due to me having never auditioned higher end IEM, I dunno.
Seperation also comes much down to your source. Something like my DX50 headphone out has IMO poor separation, well at least next to Colorfly C3 and Studio V units. For example, my Shure SHR940 sound so messy with DX50 straight from the headphone out, It's like looking through a keyhole covered with fog glass, they're a congested mess (but good at detail and resolution). However even something cheap as the Schitt Magni with a decent DAC they turn into completely different beasts. You'll only get out of an IEM what you put into it. Ostry are pretty decent at separation though I don't hear them excelling as a focus point, but again, different courses for sources.
- REVIEW: Ostry KC06
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 58 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear