- 7,680 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 4/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- I have two pairs of the same earphone....But they sound different? Last post on 1/12/15 at 10:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- review brainwavz S0 , ckx9 , C10 & more to come . Last post on 1/15/15 at 5:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- battle of the iem's vsonic gr07 mk2 bass edition vs zero audio tenore vs ostry kc06 Last post on 11/10/14 at 8:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Between the Gr07 & Ostry KC06A Last post on 3/29/15 at 1:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help please! IEM's while using a CPAP machine to sleep are way too noisey! Last post on 11/14/14 at 11:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
Acknowledgment Thank you HiFiMAN for providing this review unit on loan in exchange for my honest opinion.Introduction HiFiMAN has been around a long time now. They’ve gone from bargain OEM...
REVIEW: Ostry KC06 - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
the only thing holding me back for now is that KC06A will be released in the upcoming month.
or maybe... I should get both (dang it my wallet's screwed big time)
i didnt like the VSD1 tips either. i used Sony hybrids and ATH tips. even so, isolation was average.
the KC06 dont isolate more, at least to me. ymmv of course
Hey Zelda, How do these compare to your Moe Audio SS01? Differences, and which do you prefer?
pretty much very different beasts.
the moe ss01 are much warmer with a much stonger bass. (the lower driver knows its job!).
the kc06 are much lighter in both body and impact, but also tighter. and also faster, not only in the low end, but in overall speed.
mids are thicker on the ss01, but slightly reccesed (but just in comparision to the kc06).
the kc06 mids are sound more open and effortless and clear. very slightly mid centred (which i find a plus)
in the same way, the treble is very different. the ss01 are smoother and less energetic. and dont have the kc06 upper extension.
the kc06 are definetly much, much brighter. well extended, but not harsh.
some users found the moe harsh/sibilant. but not my case at all.
clarity on the ss01 is very impressive for a warmer iem. but the kc06 are on other league when it comes to clarity and detail. as i mention in the review, the ostry have hifiman re400 micro-detail, at least.
even though the kc06 are more sensitive, they improve a LOT from a stronger source. the moe didnt show much improvement, just some extra depth and detail, but not like the kc06
in soundstage terms, it depends on the source. the moe already sound very 'big' and powerful with only a Clip+.
the kc06 wont show it's true power with that Dap. but if well powered, they SHINE. much wider stage and even stronger bass response. great speed and with an added Wow-factor.
you'd check the moe ss01 review for more info.
so, all-in-all, they differ a lot in almost everything.
i like the Moe ss01 for more fun, and use them regulary on-the-go as i find them well isolating and more ergonomic when worn-down.
the kc06 dont isolate that much, or at least i havent found the right tips. but the sound is more than impressive. specially with my hm700 or Fireye amp. i dare to say they're truly Epic!
hope it helps!
- REVIEW: Ostry KC06
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 30 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 165, RS 175, RS 185, RS 195 - Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 10 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...