- 7,581 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 4/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- I have two pairs of the same earphone....But they sound different? Last post on 1/12/15 at 10:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- review brainwavz S0 , ckx9 , C10 & more to come . Last post on 1/15/15 at 5:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- battle of the iem's vsonic gr07 mk2 bass edition vs zero audio tenore vs ostry kc06 Last post on 11/10/14 at 8:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Between the Gr07 & Ostry KC06A Last post on 3/29/15 at 1:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help please! IEM's while using a CPAP machine to sleep are way too noisey! Last post on 11/14/14 at 11:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
REVIEW: Ostry KC06 - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
the only thing holding me back for now is that KC06A will be released in the upcoming month.
or maybe... I should get both (dang it my wallet's screwed big time)
i didnt like the VSD1 tips either. i used Sony hybrids and ATH tips. even so, isolation was average.
the KC06 dont isolate more, at least to me. ymmv of course
Hey Zelda, How do these compare to your Moe Audio SS01? Differences, and which do you prefer?
pretty much very different beasts.
the moe ss01 are much warmer with a much stonger bass. (the lower driver knows its job!).
the kc06 are much lighter in both body and impact, but also tighter. and also faster, not only in the low end, but in overall speed.
mids are thicker on the ss01, but slightly reccesed (but just in comparision to the kc06).
the kc06 mids are sound more open and effortless and clear. very slightly mid centred (which i find a plus)
in the same way, the treble is very different. the ss01 are smoother and less energetic. and dont have the kc06 upper extension.
the kc06 are definetly much, much brighter. well extended, but not harsh.
some users found the moe harsh/sibilant. but not my case at all.
clarity on the ss01 is very impressive for a warmer iem. but the kc06 are on other league when it comes to clarity and detail. as i mention in the review, the ostry have hifiman re400 micro-detail, at least.
even though the kc06 are more sensitive, they improve a LOT from a stronger source. the moe didnt show much improvement, just some extra depth and detail, but not like the kc06
in soundstage terms, it depends on the source. the moe already sound very 'big' and powerful with only a Clip+.
the kc06 wont show it's true power with that Dap. but if well powered, they SHINE. much wider stage and even stronger bass response. great speed and with an added Wow-factor.
you'd check the moe ss01 review for more info.
so, all-in-all, they differ a lot in almost everything.
i like the Moe ss01 for more fun, and use them regulary on-the-go as i find them well isolating and more ergonomic when worn-down.
the kc06 dont isolate that much, or at least i havent found the right tips. but the sound is more than impressive. specially with my hm700 or Fireye amp. i dare to say they're truly Epic!
hope it helps!
- REVIEW: Ostry KC06
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 36 seconds ago
- › Get 25% Off New Hi-Res Macy Gray album from Chesky Records 40 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Soundcard or Amp+Dac ? 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › is balanced drive modification and transformer compatible. 5 minutes ago
- › The Sudden Increase Of Foxy Mugshots? 7 minutes ago
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...