- 7,493 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 4/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- I have two pairs of the same earphone....But they sound different? Last post on 1/12/15 at 10:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- review brainwavz S0 , ckx9 , C10 & more to come . Last post on 1/15/15 at 5:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- battle of the iem's vsonic gr07 mk2 bass edition vs zero audio tenore vs ostry kc06 Last post on 11/10/14 at 8:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Between the Gr07 & Ostry KC06A Last post on 3/29/15 at 1:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help please! IEM's while using a CPAP machine to sleep are way too noisey! Last post on 11/14/14 at 11:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
REVIEW: Ostry KC06 - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
the only thing holding me back for now is that KC06A will be released in the upcoming month.
or maybe... I should get both (dang it my wallet's screwed big time)
i didnt like the VSD1 tips either. i used Sony hybrids and ATH tips. even so, isolation was average.
the KC06 dont isolate more, at least to me. ymmv of course
Hey Zelda, How do these compare to your Moe Audio SS01? Differences, and which do you prefer?
pretty much very different beasts.
the moe ss01 are much warmer with a much stonger bass. (the lower driver knows its job!).
the kc06 are much lighter in both body and impact, but also tighter. and also faster, not only in the low end, but in overall speed.
mids are thicker on the ss01, but slightly reccesed (but just in comparision to the kc06).
the kc06 mids are sound more open and effortless and clear. very slightly mid centred (which i find a plus)
in the same way, the treble is very different. the ss01 are smoother and less energetic. and dont have the kc06 upper extension.
the kc06 are definetly much, much brighter. well extended, but not harsh.
some users found the moe harsh/sibilant. but not my case at all.
clarity on the ss01 is very impressive for a warmer iem. but the kc06 are on other league when it comes to clarity and detail. as i mention in the review, the ostry have hifiman re400 micro-detail, at least.
even though the kc06 are more sensitive, they improve a LOT from a stronger source. the moe didnt show much improvement, just some extra depth and detail, but not like the kc06
in soundstage terms, it depends on the source. the moe already sound very 'big' and powerful with only a Clip+.
the kc06 wont show it's true power with that Dap. but if well powered, they SHINE. much wider stage and even stronger bass response. great speed and with an added Wow-factor.
you'd check the moe ss01 review for more info.
so, all-in-all, they differ a lot in almost everything.
i like the Moe ss01 for more fun, and use them regulary on-the-go as i find them well isolating and more ergonomic when worn-down.
the kc06 dont isolate that much, or at least i havent found the right tips. but the sound is more than impressive. specially with my hm700 or Fireye amp. i dare to say they're truly Epic!
hope it helps!
- REVIEW: Ostry KC06
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 11 seconds ago
- › Live Chess! 47 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 49 seconds ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 1 minute ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 6 minutes ago
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...