- 7,372 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 4/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- I have two pairs of the same earphone....But they sound different? Last post on 1/12/15 at 10:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- review brainwavz S0 , ckx9 , C10 & more to come . Last post on 1/15/15 at 5:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- battle of the iem's vsonic gr07 mk2 bass edition vs zero audio tenore vs ostry kc06 Last post on 11/10/14 at 8:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Between the Gr07 & Ostry KC06A Last post on 3/29/15 at 1:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help please! IEM's while using a CPAP machine to sleep are way too noisey! Last post on 11/14/14 at 11:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
REVIEW: Ostry KC06 - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
the only thing holding me back for now is that KC06A will be released in the upcoming month.
or maybe... I should get both (dang it my wallet's screwed big time)
i didnt like the VSD1 tips either. i used Sony hybrids and ATH tips. even so, isolation was average.
the KC06 dont isolate more, at least to me. ymmv of course
Hey Zelda, How do these compare to your Moe Audio SS01? Differences, and which do you prefer?
pretty much very different beasts.
the moe ss01 are much warmer with a much stonger bass. (the lower driver knows its job!).
the kc06 are much lighter in both body and impact, but also tighter. and also faster, not only in the low end, but in overall speed.
mids are thicker on the ss01, but slightly reccesed (but just in comparision to the kc06).
the kc06 mids are sound more open and effortless and clear. very slightly mid centred (which i find a plus)
in the same way, the treble is very different. the ss01 are smoother and less energetic. and dont have the kc06 upper extension.
the kc06 are definetly much, much brighter. well extended, but not harsh.
some users found the moe harsh/sibilant. but not my case at all.
clarity on the ss01 is very impressive for a warmer iem. but the kc06 are on other league when it comes to clarity and detail. as i mention in the review, the ostry have hifiman re400 micro-detail, at least.
even though the kc06 are more sensitive, they improve a LOT from a stronger source. the moe didnt show much improvement, just some extra depth and detail, but not like the kc06
in soundstage terms, it depends on the source. the moe already sound very 'big' and powerful with only a Clip+.
the kc06 wont show it's true power with that Dap. but if well powered, they SHINE. much wider stage and even stronger bass response. great speed and with an added Wow-factor.
you'd check the moe ss01 review for more info.
so, all-in-all, they differ a lot in almost everything.
i like the Moe ss01 for more fun, and use them regulary on-the-go as i find them well isolating and more ergonomic when worn-down.
the kc06 dont isolate that much, or at least i havent found the right tips. but the sound is more than impressive. specially with my hm700 or Fireye amp. i dare to say they're truly Epic!
hope it helps!
- REVIEW: Ostry KC06
- › Artifact in my music? 23 seconds ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 36 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 48 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › iPod 3G Compact Flash Mod 1 minute ago
- › Chicago area headphone meet - August 13th 2016 - ChiUniFi 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese CIEM and UIEM manufacturers 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 5 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...