- 8,200 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 4/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- I have two pairs of the same earphone....But they sound different? Last post on 1/12/15 at 10:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- review brainwavz S0 , ckx9 , C10 & more to come . Last post on 1/15/15 at 5:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- battle of the iem's vsonic gr07 mk2 bass edition vs zero audio tenore vs ostry kc06 Last post on 11/10/14 at 8:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Between the Gr07 & Ostry KC06A Last post on 3/29/15 at 1:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help please! IEM's while using a CPAP machine to sleep are way too noisey! Last post on 11/14/14 at 11:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Acknowledgment Thanks Mike Diaz at Ultimate Ears for supplying these as a review sample, with special thanks to David Guitierrez for his excellent customer service. These are going to kick butt...
It's not free to you, but it was to me. I was not even interested in this IEM until it was offered to me for free by Rose on the condition I reviewed it. I'm happy to say this is an honest 5 star...
With thanks to our great supporter of headfi @Andykong, I have had the Cayin i5 on loan for a fortnight or so. I have had the chance to listen to it extensively. My focus has mainly been on the...
Introduction With thanks to @glassmonkey , and Aune, here is my first review for 2017 - the M1S DAP. I shall not be labouring the point. There is a 55 page discussions and impressions...
This is the only DAC that I have owned at this point and I am currently looking to purchases something a little bit better in quality after buying a pair of Sennheiser HD 600. For my liking the...
REVIEW: Ostry KC06 - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
the only thing holding me back for now is that KC06A will be released in the upcoming month.
or maybe... I should get both (dang it my wallet's screwed big time)
i didnt like the VSD1 tips either. i used Sony hybrids and ATH tips. even so, isolation was average.
the KC06 dont isolate more, at least to me. ymmv of course
Hey Zelda, How do these compare to your Moe Audio SS01? Differences, and which do you prefer?
pretty much very different beasts.
the moe ss01 are much warmer with a much stonger bass. (the lower driver knows its job!).
the kc06 are much lighter in both body and impact, but also tighter. and also faster, not only in the low end, but in overall speed.
mids are thicker on the ss01, but slightly reccesed (but just in comparision to the kc06).
the kc06 mids are sound more open and effortless and clear. very slightly mid centred (which i find a plus)
in the same way, the treble is very different. the ss01 are smoother and less energetic. and dont have the kc06 upper extension.
the kc06 are definetly much, much brighter. well extended, but not harsh.
some users found the moe harsh/sibilant. but not my case at all.
clarity on the ss01 is very impressive for a warmer iem. but the kc06 are on other league when it comes to clarity and detail. as i mention in the review, the ostry have hifiman re400 micro-detail, at least.
even though the kc06 are more sensitive, they improve a LOT from a stronger source. the moe didnt show much improvement, just some extra depth and detail, but not like the kc06
in soundstage terms, it depends on the source. the moe already sound very 'big' and powerful with only a Clip+.
the kc06 wont show it's true power with that Dap. but if well powered, they SHINE. much wider stage and even stronger bass response. great speed and with an added Wow-factor.
you'd check the moe ss01 review for more info.
so, all-in-all, they differ a lot in almost everything.
i like the Moe ss01 for more fun, and use them regulary on-the-go as i find them well isolating and more ergonomic when worn-down.
the kc06 dont isolate that much, or at least i havent found the right tips. but the sound is more than impressive. specially with my hm700 or Fireye amp. i dare to say they're truly Epic!
hope it helps!
- REVIEW: Ostry KC06
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 47 seconds ago
- › *OFFICAL* Echobox Explorer Review Tour Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Jbl headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered by glassmonkey
- › Rose Aurora by vapman
- › Cayin i5 by Takeanidea
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Takeanidea
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by MrChiSox
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear