Okay, I take back what I said. My hand slipped, I swear
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 4/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- I have two pairs of the same earphone....But they sound different? Last post on 1/12/15 at 10:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- review brainwavz S0 , ckx9 , C10 & more to come . Last post on 1/15/15 at 5:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- battle of the iem's vsonic gr07 mk2 bass edition vs zero audio tenore vs ostry kc06 Last post on 11/10/14 at 8:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Between the Gr07 & Ostry KC06A Last post on 3/29/15 at 1:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help please! IEM's while using a CPAP machine to sleep are way too noisey! Last post on 11/14/14 at 11:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
REVIEW: Ostry KC06 - Page 108
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That is the pic from MisterTao. I won't be physically in possession of the KC06A for another 3 weeks or so.
Hey meng how much did you pay total for those Ostrich Ayyys with the Chinese forwarding service???
Don't feel like paying a cool premium 1st adapter $80 for them tbh, cuz aren't they priced at the $60s just like the 1st model???
$5 commission charge, $2 domestic shipping charge, $4.65 China Post shipping charge,
392 yuan = $63 + ~$12 = you're only saving like $5 with less of a warranty + no paypal.
If they didn't ship already, I would have gone with Shenzhen Audio instead.
Oh Ok thanks. Guess i'll have to wait to see the impressions 1st and get it from garbagebinonline or something since they ship fast. Shenzhen seems kinda slow. Oh well.
After several hours of listening to these iems I think its time for an impression. Let them burn in for 30hr but noticed next to no change (not a bad thing, they already sound great)
This is for the gold kc06, not sure if there is any difference
Accessories:A really really small case, 6 pairs of tips(3 Sony hybrid like tips(s,m,l) and 3 wide bore tips(s,m,l)), shirt clip(mine was rusted :/) and a warranty card.
Fit:Different from any of my other iems, it is a very shallow fit(though isolation is still decent, if you can get a good fit) I personally preferred the wide bore but they kept falling out gave a slightly brighter tone to the music. Basically it took some getting used to but after a while it feels normal to have a shallow fit :P
Lows:Honestly when i first read through this thread I was expecting single ba performance out of these and for them to be completely lacking in the low end department. Good thing is they aren't, unless you are a basshead. Not a whole lot of sub bass but the iem is capable of pdoducing the low low notes (eq). However, the factory tuning is close to perfection IMO, it's got a decent amount of sub bass with an emphasize on the mid bass. Personally I prefer this and the great thing is I can't detect any bleeding into the mids The bass is also very tight and fast, hits extremely quickly for dynamic drivers!
Mids: Has been heavily talked about in the thread but there's a reason for that these iems are mid forward and oh my does it sound good. Easiest way to explain the mids would be to state that they are smooth. They stay to themselves but at the sametime bring themselves to the forefront and make themselves the stars of the show.
Highs: Nice and bright sounding and honestly IMO it is the best I've ever heard, this is the reason they have become my gym iem lol(not sure how long they'll last but meh) however despite the highs sounding like you are sitting in the same room as the person(s) singing, I was hearing some sibilance. Again, because these sound amazing this wasn't enough to bother me to the point of making them collect dust. It is only audible on some tracks but this could be that the artist is just prone to sibilance and I just never heard it before.
Soundstage: hmmmm not to sure how to explain this but here goes nothing, for a iem it is very very good at separating the individual instruments in the song, and does feel wide (almost as much as the pl30) but it feels more like a horizontal soundstage then a vertical sound stage(if that makes any sense). I loved the separation in what goes around comes around - Justin Timberlake, one of my personal favorites and when I first listened to the song with the kc06 it was like nothing I had heard before the seperation was amazing, and it was exteremly easy to pick out where the sound was coming from!
Overall: This lived up the hype and then some, I was at the point where I thought buying more iem was pointless but luckily my curiosity got the best of me, the tone of these may be the best part, they are musical and make almost any song sound good(I was listening to country, and I never listen to country) they are bright iem that have an amazing soundstage, and outside of the rusty shirt clip these punch much higher then their pricetag, compared to my westone alpha($200 iem) they destroy them in each and every way expect for the low end. They are so good that I replaced the alphas with these as my gym/running iems. Anyhow I can't recommend these enough and can't wait to see the impressions for the kc06a.
9.7/10(within their price range), only reason I docked the .3 is because of the rusty shirt clip and the sibilance(again not sure this is really an issue)
Edited by steepers - 5/5/14 at 1:42pm
I liked the potential of the KC06 so much that I scouted extensively and bought 2nd hand an amp which I felt would compliment them.
I'm really pleased with myself because the results are really good. the weakness of the amp lies within it's sluggishness, but on a sharp-ish IEM like the KC06 it gives it a really nice body and thickness. the airiness of the mids which bothered me a lot has been nicely neutralized with a nice warmness which spreads across all frequencies and smoothens out the disparities. the texturing and layering of the mids is now also even better. microdetails are not just there, but fill up nicely with a noticeable improvement in texturing and layering.
the only downside is that the amp pairs very badly with my Fiio E07K. the warmth which is typical of the wm8740 dac chip makes things far too warm, and the double amplification (I do not utilize the LO) is definitely more 'overkill' rather than synergetic. as with many fiio amp/dacs, there is constriction of soundstage width, and with the ta1 and kc06, the effect is very pronounceable.
with the ta1, I must say all (except something about the bass I don't really know) of the issues I had with the kc06 have been addressed, and now it sounds better than my Havi B3. to be completely objective once again, I must say that I haven't been able to find a suitably juicy amp for my B3 which takes it to the next level yet, so it's not really a fair contest now (the ta1 is horrible with the B3)
That's the problem with the ostrys based on previous comments.
Once I get my slimy hands on them, I will compare them to the ckr9s, and if they sound anything alike, the ckr9s should be the one to pick if you want an ostry with a fixed soundstage.
- REVIEW: Ostry KC06
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless - Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 55 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: Chord Mojo 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for Books on Sound Science 8 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear