or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: Ostry KC06 - Page 98

post #1456 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrian View Post

LOL... I missed the "headphone" meaning you were saying.  I agree -- I love headphones as well, especially over-the-ear ones.  They are great for cold winters!
Yep! And the winter is almost here in Australia!
Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post

If you mod HP100 to be semi open it actually got pretty close to Ostry with the added midbass. wink.gif

@Telltale
Do you wear it around ear style? Try wearing it top down (or not around ear, whatever it's actually called).
That's what my HP200's are for - openness. wink.gif

I changed from wearing it top-down to around the ear, recently, with the assist of the provided ear guides. Falls out less, and still sounds amazing. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1457 of 2535

KC06's seem great for the price but i'm worried about isolation for plane travel on an upcoming overseas trip.  Anyone recommend an alternative to the KC06 that isolates a bit better with slightly more emphasis on bass...or will i be more than satisfied?  Was thinking Cabro basso or EPH100's?

post #1458 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SiR View Post
 

KC06's seem great for the price but i'm worried about isolation for plane travel on an upcoming overseas trip.  Anyone recommend an alternative to the KC06 that isolates a bit better with slightly more emphasis on bass...or will i be more than satisfied?  Was thinking Cabro basso or EPH100's?

eph100 are a real great pair to have, bass is powerfull and diggs deep. on a budget the basso are keepers, warmer overall. but eph100 would outpace them in detail and separation from what i remember

post #1459 of 2535

I'm amazed at the KC06. Needs practically no power to drive. Bad recordings are no problem. Sound quality is consistently excellent no matter what track you play and what source you use.

post #1460 of 2535

I ordered a 2nd Ostry in Silver by mistake that came today. Anyone in the US want it for $60? PM me if you do.

post #1461 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

I ordered a 2nd Ostry in Silver by mistake that came today. Anyone in the US want it for $60? PM me if you do.

Send it to Lachlanlikesathing or MKBHD for review biggrin.gif
post #1462 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

I ordered a 2nd Ostry in Silver by mistake that came today. Anyone in the US want it for $60? PM me if you do.


^

If anyone wanna trade their Ostriches for a set of VSD1 LE hit me up with a PM. C'mon unity i know you want them. : P

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/643666/budget-fi-iem-sale-vsonic-vsd1-le-limited-edition-fiio-rc-mh1-cable-27-shipped-all-must-go

post #1463 of 2535

... and its gone. Should make the buyer pretty happy. These things rock, and are a huge upgrade over the first bad batch back in November.

 

I just got the TTPOD T1 dual driver today. They are both dueling on my Geek Out now. The dual ports make A/Bing a sinch.

post #1464 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SiR View Post
 

KC06's seem great for the price but i'm worried about isolation for plane travel on an upcoming overseas trip.  Anyone recommend an alternative to the KC06 that isolates a bit better with slightly more emphasis on bass...or will i be more than satisfied?  Was thinking Cabro basso or EPH100's?


^

The VSD1 LEs might just be your ticket. ;)

 

But they do take a good amount of juice to power though, and is one of the main reasons why they gots to go, cuz my weak sauce Nokia N9 can't drive them just like my MH1Cs. LoL :triportsad:

post #1465 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyx11 View Post
 

I'm amazed at the KC06. Needs practically no power to drive. Bad recordings are no problem. Sound quality is consistently excellent no matter what track you play and what source you use.

 

I know. Gotta have the right source and tips, but if you do, they are freakishly good. I'm holding myself back from gushing too much :)

post #1466 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


^
If anyone wanna trade their Ostriches for a set of VSD1 LE hit me up with a PM. C'mon unity i know you want them. : P

http://www.head-fi.org/t/643666/budget-fi-iem-sale-vsonic-vsd1-le-limited-edition-fiio-rc-mh1-cable-27-shipped-all-must-go

Nah nah mang, I tried them Low-fi Editions and they don't even hang homie. My BE's moped the floor with them and then some.

P.S. (Click to show)

....SR900 killers!
post #1467 of 2535
Zmf recabled mh1 offers awesome isolation and sounds so good 😎....i gots the silver player copper wire ones and love it...i also love these ostry😁
post #1468 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post


Nah nah mang, I tried them Low-fi Editions and they don't even hang homie. My BE's moped the floor with them and then some.
P.S. (Click to show)

....SR900 killers!


^

LoL same could be said for those ASG 2s of yours. hoho :veryevil:

 

But 1st thing 1st, WHY ARE YOU USING MY GIFS ON ME HOMBRE??? PATENT PENDING PATENT PENDING!!! :mad:

 

Just for those stolen goods, please promptly hand ova' those Ostriches for your patent violation. : P

post #1469 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


^
LoL same could be said for those ASG 2s of yours. hoho very_evil_smiley.gif

I know right...
tumblr_lwg729lBIB1qzjix8.gif

But 1st thing 1st, WHY ARE YOU USING MY GIFS ON ME HOMBRE??? PATENT PENDING PATENT PENDING!!! mad.gif

Just for those stolen goods, please promptly hand ova' those Ostriches for your patent violation. : P

HOLUP HOLUP HOLUP, them GIFS yours!? You got skills son but I ain't got no Ostriches to hand over home boi! Hows about I hook you up with Waynes blood? Mighty fine young lady with mad k-rap love yo! biggrin.gif
post #1470 of 2535
So I managed to secure a route for a pair of Kc06a.


Should I? biggrin.gif
Edited by Exesteils - 5/4/14 at 9:15pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: