or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: Ostry KC06 - Page 88

post #1306 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

I never had any trouble with the GR07 (ver. 1 and MKII).  I love the highs on both the KC06 and the GR07.

 

The KC06 has a wider sound stage than the GR07 MKII.  They are also way more comfortable.  The GR07 are a PITA to get a good fit -- you always have to fidget with them to get a proper seal.  The sub-bass is better on the GR07 MKII, but some people might prefer the mid bass of the KC06. 

 

A good part of how we perceive and rate IEMs depends on personal things, the size/shape of our ears, the stuff we listen to, etc...

 

For example, I have no problem at all getting a good fit and seal with the GR07 MKII (neither with the KC06). But about half of my listening is to classical stuff and the GR07's highs have a slight sizzle with violins that I find annoying. The KC06's highs can be a tad edgy at times, but sound overall cleaner.

 

On the other hand, the GR07 have indeed slightly more deep bass, but only about 10% of the stuff I usually listen to benefits from extension below 30Hz. So it's pretty easy to see why I personally prefer the KC06 over the GR07, while others may arrive at a different conclusion.

post #1307 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

LoL, hey meng if you don't stand for something you'll fall for everything. Not like these are bad sounding, cuz for me they are more deserving of the hype much more so than the Piss_tons ever did. But again you gots to put things into proper perspective here and for me these don't best any of the $200 iems i have heard so far, which includes the GR07 BE, Dunu DN1Ks, KEF M200, Sony XBA H3s, FAD Heaven Vs, etc.

 

The question is, are there any under $100 that they don't beat?

post #1308 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Vwinter should have the Ostry sitting in his mailbox my the end of the day. Hopefully he's as "honest" as the saints who have posted here lol.

Also, if you're not getting great sub-bass from the KC06, you don't have a good seal.
I think people are hearing it but are expecting more or by "deep bass" they mean mid bass rather than sub bass.

Just for fun I fired up audacity and generate some very low frequency tone and I could "hear" the sub sub bass of up to (low to?) 16Hz. 30Hz or even 20Hz is easy task for KC06.

@ebrian
Let me hear your comparison of S680 with KC06 next time, regardless of their form factor. tongue.gif
post #1309 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post
 

Out of all the 3 hyped trains I have hoped on so far, I've been quite happy with 2 out 3 of them. The Martin Logan and Ostry both sounds great for their price range. Can't really complain about them since they both only cost less than 80 bucks lol :)

 

Are the KC06s worthy of a hype train? 

 

Yes.

 

Considering that they are almost as good (or better, depending on who you ask) as the GR07, at more or less half the price, then they definitely deserve a little train of their own.  

 

Even though I think the GR07 and the MDR-7550 are better than the KC06, I will probably be using the Ostry more often.   The GR07 is a PITA to use, and the MDR-7550 is just too big and awkward, so the KC06 is a better choice for everyday use.   The Ostry is small and comfortable -- it is similar to the 7550 in how easy it is to get a good seal without much fidgeting.

 

 

Hype away, Ostry lovers.   Huge Thumbs Up emoticon - huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

post #1310 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

 

The question is, are there any under $100 that they don't beat?

Maybe Havi B3 Pro MK1

post #1311 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenguyen View Post
 

Maybe Havi B3 Pro MK1

 

Give us your impressions when comparing the two!  (Havi vs Ostry)

post #1312 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrian View Post
 

 

Give us your impressions when comparing the two!  (Havi vs Ostry)

My pairs are coming, but you can look in this thread for some comparision

http://www.head-fi.org/t/706595/review-ostry-kc06/1185#post_10485307

post #1313 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenguyen View Post
 

My pairs are coming, but you can look in this thread for some comparision

http://www.head-fi.org/t/706595/review-ostry-kc06/1185#post_10485307

 

I've read that.  I thought you had something to add.  I guess not yet.

post #1314 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

The question is, are there any under $100 that they don't beat?

Zero Audio Tenore maybe. Some trusted ears are tellin me that those are the other Big Bang for the buck phone
post #1315 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


Zero Audio Tenore maybe. Some trusted ears are tellin me that those are the other Big Bang for the buck phone

Agree, people should try the Tenore.  Shotgunshane preferred Tenore to KC06.

 

eBrian has both Tenore and KC06 on the way so he'll be able to give us a comparison.

post #1316 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Zero Audio Tenore maybe. Some trusted ears are tellin me that those are the other Big Bang for the buck phone

How did the GR07 classic turn out?
post #1317 of 2535
Plug them KC06's in and prepare the body for motion:

https://m.soundcloud.com/beatsantique/get-lucky-feat-charles-butler
post #1318 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

Plug them KC06's in and prepare the body for motion:

https://m.soundcloud.com/beatsantique/get-lucky-feat-charles-butler

nice find

Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
 

 

A good part of how we perceive and rate IEMs depends on personal things, the size/shape of our ears, the stuff we listen to, etc...

 

For example, I have no problem at all getting a good fit and seal with the GR07 MKII (neither with the KC06). But about half of my listening is to classical stuff and the GR07's highs have a slight sizzle with violins that I find annoying. The KC06's highs can be a tad edgy at times, but sound overall cleaner.

 

On the other hand, the GR07 have indeed slightly more deep bass, but only about 10% of the stuff I usually listen to benefits from extension below 30Hz. So it's pretty easy to see why I personally prefer the KC06 over the GR07, while others may arrive at a different conclusion.

my problem with the DN1000 was the slight sibilant nature of the TKFW driver, anyone make a nice comparison to the kc06 yet?


Edited by daveyostrow - 4/25/14 at 2:50pm
post #1319 of 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

 

Even though I think the GR07 and the MDR-7550 are better than the KC06, I will probably be using the Ostry more often.   The GR07 is a PITA to use, and the MDR-7550 is just too big and awkward, so the KC06 is a better choice for everyday use.   The Ostry is small and comfortable -- it is similar to the 7550 in how easy it is to get a good seal without much fidgeting.

 

Yup, very important factors for me as well. Small, light, comfortable. AND flush for sleeping with them comfortably. And sound great (not that I know yet!).

post #1320 of 2535
Received mine today from Peneaudio and it took 10 days to get to me in the Uk.....had a quick listen and wow ... I am impressed.

Just using the stock tips with my iPhone 4 and the bass is very stronger but does not overpower the mids.. V good soundstage and vocals are lovely!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: