A Bit of Background:
I have done an extensive amount of research on what pair of headphones to purchase and decided on the DT770 Limited Edition 32ohm. I bought these and they came yesterday! These were my first official pair of “audiophile headphones.” (My past experiences have been the QuietComfort 15’s and Monster Diamond Tear Headphones.)
My Problem: **I mistakenly purchased the DT770 PRO 32 ohm version. NOT THE LIMITED EDITION.**
My Goal: EVENTUALLY, I want to have both a home and portable headphone/amp/dac setup.
Here is what I was personally thinking of:
1) Home Setup – Schiit Magni/Modi with Sennheiser HD598.
2) Portable Setup – FiiO E07k with the ATH-M50x’s and/or DT770’s.
***Tell me what you think/What I should consider***
1) What have any of you heard about the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 32 ohm?
a. What is your experience of the headphone?
2) Is the DT770 Pro 80 ohm version better (quality of sound) than the DT770 Pro 32?
a. Is the E07k a good pair/choice for the DT770 80 ohm’s?
3) Should I keep them and buy the ATH-M50’s instead?
4) What should I do?
a. Are my DT770 Pro 32 ohm headphones worth keeping?
Your insight is extremely valuable to me. Like I said, I am newer to the headphone field, therefore I need wisdom from those who are experienced.