or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › I need help choosing between the Schiit Asgard 2 and the Musical Fidelity M1HPAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need help choosing between the Schiit Asgard 2 and the Musical Fidelity M1HPAP

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Currently listening on Senn hd600s powered by Schitt Valhalla through Modi DAC. I recently picked up an O2 and really liked the detail on the 600s. Leaning toward solid state and would love to know if the M1hpap is really worth 4x the price of the Asgard 2. Thank you for any help.
Edited by MagnaPoe - 2/19/14 at 11:42pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaPoe View Post
 
Currently listening on Senn hd600s powered by Schitt Valhalla through Modi DAC. I recently picked up an O2 and really liked the detail on the 600s. Leaning toward solid state and would love to know if the M1hpap is really worth 4x the price of the Asgard 2. Thank you for any help.

 

Not really worth it. Just get the Asgard 2! Loving it with my HD600. Great match.

post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Hey madwolfa! Thanks for the feedback! I have yet to hear the Musical Fidelity in person; have you? Have you compared the the Valhalla to the Asgard 2? I'm really looking for more bottom end, I was worried when I compared the specs the Valhalla was more powerful at 300ohms than the Asgard and it wouldn't be there. How do you feel it compares to the O2 if you can add to it, thanks
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaPoe View Post

Hey madwolfa! Thanks for the feedback! I have yet to hear the Musical Fidelity in person; have you? Have you compared the the Valhalla to the Asgard 2? I'm really looking for more bottom end, I was worried when I compared the specs the Valhalla was more powerful at 300ohms than the Asgard and it wouldn't be there. How do you feel it compares to the O2 if you can add to it, thanks

 

Well, I haven't heard exactly M1HPAP, but I'm the one coming from Musical Fidelity X-CAN V3... I can assure you A2 is the only one you will ever need. It has tons of power and known to be a better match for HD600, than Valhalla.

 

I like Musical Fidelity, but honestly I think their current "higher-end" lineup (M1 series and such) is not worth the money asked. Schiit is a much better value.


Edited by madwolfa - 2/20/14 at 9:44pm
post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
sounds good. I'm ordering the Asgard 2 tonight. I appreciate the input; thanks madwolfa.
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaPoe View Post

sounds good. I'm ordering the Asgard 2 tonight. I appreciate the input; thanks madwolfa.

 

Glad I could help.. you will enjoy it. Cheers!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › I need help choosing between the Schiit Asgard 2 and the Musical Fidelity M1HPAP