i have the Sony H1 now, but also interested in picking up the IE 80 after seeing all the great reviews about the bass, but most importantly.. the soundstage. i'm hoping someone would be so kind to compare the two. i feel like the IE 80 would probably be the much better IEM, but are there similarities at all? how much more bass and soundstage can i expect from the IE 80? which do you find more comfortable? thank you
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for PORTABLE Headphones similar to the "fun" Sennheiser IE80 IEMs Last post on Yesterday at 5:26 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Case for IE8i Last post on 1/18/15 at 1:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Griffin Woodtones IEMs Last post on 1/15/15 at 5:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser ie80 in full sized cans Last post on 1/10/15 at 3:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- New earphones time, I'm sick of expensive earphones. Last post on 1/1/15 at 9:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
anyone own both the Sennheiser IE 80 and Sony XBA-H1?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
thanks. the H1 isn't that comfortable, so i don't think i'll like the fit of the H3's, as they are even bulkier. are the IE 80s comfortable when wearing straight down?
Yeah, I agreed that the Sony H1/2/3 designed required some fiddling around your ear to get nice tight fit. But when you doing it for awhile, you get to know the drill? The IE80 would snap in your ear smoother.
In terms of comfort, once in, I couldn't tell the difference between the 2 from my pass experience with the IE80. The Sony is quite light given its size.
Everyones' has different ear shaped so, it is hard to recommend over which one really. Hence, I always based on the sound quality and price before I made any purchase would seemed to be the way to go.
I used to owned the IE80, they're good IEM too
Edited by PhenomMusic - 2/22/14 at 7:16pm
- anyone own both the Sennheiser IE 80 and Sony XBA-H1?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 15 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 6 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 7 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › AKG K701's - Little to no sound on left side. 14 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3