i have the Sony H1 now, but also interested in picking up the IE 80 after seeing all the great reviews about the bass, but most importantly.. the soundstage. i'm hoping someone would be so kind to compare the two. i feel like the IE 80 would probably be the much better IEM, but are there similarities at all? how much more bass and soundstage can i expect from the IE 80? which do you find more comfortable? thank you
Related Forum Threads
- IEM recommendation Last post on 3/21/15 at 1:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser ie80, RHA T10, or DUNU DN-1000? Last post on 2/17/15 at 8:49am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for an IEM with iPhone remote for around $200-$300 Last post on 2/9/15 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Recommendation] IEM - Bass/electronic music focus - $200-$250 budget Last post on 2/8/15 at 5:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones/earphones with a similar sound signature as Sennheiser IE80s Last post on 2/19/15 at 12:32pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
anyone own both the Sennheiser IE 80 and Sony XBA-H1?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
thanks. the H1 isn't that comfortable, so i don't think i'll like the fit of the H3's, as they are even bulkier. are the IE 80s comfortable when wearing straight down?
Yeah, I agreed that the Sony H1/2/3 designed required some fiddling around your ear to get nice tight fit. But when you doing it for awhile, you get to know the drill? The IE80 would snap in your ear smoother.
In terms of comfort, once in, I couldn't tell the difference between the 2 from my pass experience with the IE80. The Sony is quite light given its size.
Everyones' has different ear shaped so, it is hard to recommend over which one really. Hence, I always based on the sound quality and price before I made any purchase would seemed to be the way to go.
I used to owned the IE80, they're good IEM too
Edited by PhenomMusic - 2/22/14 at 7:16pm
- anyone own both the Sennheiser IE 80 and Sony XBA-H1?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 2 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71s take on the ATH-SPORT2 iem Page... 53 seconds ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 1 minute ago
- › New Earphones 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Starting from scratch - New DAP and Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2