i have the Sony H1 now, but also interested in picking up the IE 80 after seeing all the great reviews about the bass, but most importantly.. the soundstage. i'm hoping someone would be so kind to compare the two. i feel like the IE 80 would probably be the much better IEM, but are there similarities at all? how much more bass and soundstage can i expect from the IE 80? which do you find more comfortable? thank you
Related Forum Threads
- IEM recommendation Last post on 7/7/15 at 3:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser ie80, RHA T10, or DUNU DN-1000? Last post on 8/28/15 at 6:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for an IEM with iPhone remote for around $200-$300 Last post on 2/9/15 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Recommendation] IEM - Bass/electronic music focus - $200-$250 budget Last post on 2/8/15 at 5:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones/earphones with a similar sound signature as Sennheiser IE80s Last post on 2/19/15 at 12:32pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
anyone own both the Sennheiser IE 80 and Sony XBA-H1?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
thanks. the H1 isn't that comfortable, so i don't think i'll like the fit of the H3's, as they are even bulkier. are the IE 80s comfortable when wearing straight down?
Yeah, I agreed that the Sony H1/2/3 designed required some fiddling around your ear to get nice tight fit. But when you doing it for awhile, you get to know the drill? The IE80 would snap in your ear smoother.
In terms of comfort, once in, I couldn't tell the difference between the 2 from my pass experience with the IE80. The Sony is quite light given its size.
Everyones' has different ear shaped so, it is hard to recommend over which one really. Hence, I always based on the sound quality and price before I made any purchase would seemed to be the way to go.
I used to owned the IE80, they're good IEM too
Edited by PhenomMusic - 2/22/14 at 7:16pm
- anyone own both the Sennheiser IE 80 and Sony XBA-H1?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony MDR-R10 Owner's Club 31 seconds ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 1 minute ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 1 minute ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 2 minutes ago
- › Vienna/Austria Meet October 2015? 2 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 6 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2