New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best bass earbuds? - Page 4

post #46 of 139
Thread Starter 
Exactly. I threw mine away. I would NEVER throw these urbeats away. Best IEM's I've heard thus far.
post #47 of 139
Well I agree that the earpods would not give you the bass you are after. Maybe it is just your preferences that dissuade you from enjoying anything about the earpods. Several longstanding members here think they are much improved and certainly not worth throwing away.
post #48 of 139
Once again I am not arguing in favor of you getting them again. I just wanted it to be known that many audiophiles have at least some respect for the earpods. Whereas most disliked the buds. Anyway back on topic. When do you think your ZO2 will come in?
Edited by faithguy19 - 2/20/14 at 9:05pm
post #49 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby123179 View Post

But is the bass on the JVCs better? Like, is there more than beats? Are they better sounding or more powerful? Do they distort at high volume? Most people say they have less bass.
They're much better and don't over power it, the lyrics are clear with good mids and lows, higs are a tad recessed.
post #50 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby123179 View Post

Exactly. I threw mine away. I would NEVER throw these urbeats away. Best IEM's I've heard thus far.

Oh boy...we got a while to go.
post #51 of 139
Thread Starter 
Well, I'm looking for overpowered bass so that's no good. The good mids and recessed highs do sound very nice though, because I've been looking for ages to find a pair of headphones that everyone doesn't say "yeah, the mids are weak". And the highs can get painful if they're sharp and at high volume. So those do sound nice. Could they handle being bass boosted a ton? Like, if I strapped a 3X bass boosting amp to them, could the drivers handle that? Or would they blow? And is the sound quality any better? Because if so, I'll definitely check them out.
post #52 of 139
Thread Starter 
And euguy, I'm completely serious. I've only heard one better pair. My friend owns the Sennheiser IE8, and those things are AMAZING! And also, out of my budget. So too bad, so sad for me.

But what's wrong with the urbeats? I honestly don't have many complaints about them at all.
post #53 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby123179 View Post

And euguy, I'm completely serious. I've only heard one better pair. My friend owns the Sennheiser IE8, and those things are AMAZING! And also, out of my budget. So too bad, so sad for me.

But what's wrong with the urbeats? I honestly don't have many complaints about them at all.

 

I admit I don't have the Urbeats, but... my guess is that if you think they're the best IEMs out there then you're basically looking for subwoofers with a little sound on top of them.

 

Get the Sony X05's and be happy. 

post #54 of 139
Thread Starter 
These little buds deliver more sound and bass than any other earbuds out there. I've heard many buds. I've always been a buds guy. But they're pretty great. They're the only buds I've ever heard (except for an old pair of sonys I used to have) that have this powerful of bass. But they also have nice quality sound as well. Just not at high volume.
post #55 of 139

Yep. Sounds like you are looking more for just bass and not necessarily good sound. Have you thought about just getting a different pair of beats? They usually specialize in bass and that is about it. Maybe there is a beats iem that is a direct upgrade to your urbeats?

post #56 of 139
Thread Starter 
Personally, I don't want to spend $300 on a pair of sub-par headphones. Unless you know that one of their over the ears is a direct upgrade.
post #57 of 139

I'd suggest the Monster DNA.

post #58 of 139

Not sure about what is in their line of headphones at the moment. I have not followed beats in awhile. Have you looked to find the Sennheiser IE8s or IE80s for under $300? If you look hard enough I am sure you could find it.

post #59 of 139
Thread Starter 
I don't like the monster DNA personally. They don't fit right on my ears. I did find a pair of IE8's for $325 on here, but buying used buds without a warranty? I don't think that's a good idea. If they break in a month, I'm screwed. And the only beats product that has any build quality is their pros. And they also have the best sound (not just bass). Unfortunately, the downside is that the pros have less bass than their other models.
post #60 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby123179 View Post

I don't like the monster DNA personally. They don't fit right on my ears. I did find a pair of IE8's for $325 on here, but buying used buds without a warranty? I don't think that's a good idea. If they break in a month, I'm screwed. And the only beats product that has any build quality is their pros. And they also have the best sound (not just bass). Unfortunately, the downside is that the pros have less bass than their other models.

 

Three things.

 

1) Which tips did you try on the DNA? It comes with several types. For casual fit, the round-with-a-slight-tip works best, with the triple-flange being ultra secure if need be.

 

2) You have no need buying products that expensive, based on what you've said about your needs. If you like the Urbeats, the IE8 are going to be giving you a more "audiophile" experience without increasing the bass that you want. 

 

3) The Beats Mixrs are made so much better than anything else on their lineup it's not even funny. The Studios are CRAP in comparison. 

 

Look into the Atrio MG7. You won't find a better basshead IEM, in my opinion.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home