55 mm drivers do not need separate mid and treble drivers to make bass...more about a sealed baffle via a good earpad seal - to retain generated pressure. Simple mechanical systems of an air pump that's all it is.
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot 1+ for Shure 940s - What do you think? Last post on 4/29/15 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burning in Kef M500? Last post on 2/24/15 at 7:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find velour earpads for my M4U1 Last post on 1/8/15 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Female voice and piano? Closed back up to £375 Last post on 1/13/15 at 3:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a new Over Ear sealed headphone Last post on 12/18/14 at 5:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
YOUR IDEAL HEADPHONE: What is yours if you could take one and tailor it to you? - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I love that word.
I'm sure I didn't use it though.
I was responding to the OP and his thread title. I wanted a dual driver over ear and I found it it. (nobody mentioned this when i asked the question) 55mm is a nice size and this one is surrounded.reinforced and equipped to drop the freq via 2 chambers. That is .....right down my bass alley.
After checking around the corner for portables the one I miss the most is
Focal Spirit Pro:
I would make the cups a little larger to cover the ears
the sub bass a little stronger
Interesting. I think the soundstage is accurate when it comes to position, but you're right that it's a little congested. Regarding bass, I know there's a mod for SRH440; maybe it works for 840 too.
3 or so people said that the Shure-SRH 1540's have what I'm looking for. More bass than the 840's, while being more refined overall and still retaining that engaging sound signature.
- YOUR IDEAL HEADPHONE: What is yours if you could take one and tailor it to you?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 seconds ago
- › Cleanest treble in an IEM (non CIEM)? 11 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 48 seconds ago
- › Why tubes but no equalization? 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Unmodded teradak v3.1d vs modded dac-ah 2 minutes ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 3 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2