55 mm drivers do not need separate mid and treble drivers to make bass...more about a sealed baffle via a good earpad seal - to retain generated pressure. Simple mechanical systems of an air pump that's all it is.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new Over Ear sealed headphone Last post on 12/18/14 at 5:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-1RBT replacement Last post on 11/11/14 at 7:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good ATH-M50 replacement pads? Last post on 11/8/14 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- To AMP or Not to AMP - Driving Headphones in the $150-$300 Range Last post on 11/7/14 at 10:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing the right headphones for £150 budget Last post on 10/30/14 at 12:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
YOUR IDEAL HEADPHONE: What is yours if you could take one and tailor it to you? - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I love that word.
I'm sure I didn't use it though.
I was responding to the OP and his thread title. I wanted a dual driver over ear and I found it it. (nobody mentioned this when i asked the question) 55mm is a nice size and this one is surrounded.reinforced and equipped to drop the freq via 2 chambers. That is .....right down my bass alley.
After checking around the corner for portables the one I miss the most is
Focal Spirit Pro:
I would make the cups a little larger to cover the ears
the sub bass a little stronger
Interesting. I think the soundstage is accurate when it comes to position, but you're right that it's a little congested. Regarding bass, I know there's a mod for SRH440; maybe it works for 840 too.
3 or so people said that the Shure-SRH 1540's have what I'm looking for. More bass than the 840's, while being more refined overall and still retaining that engaging sound signature.
- YOUR IDEAL HEADPHONE: What is yours if you could take one and tailor it to you?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › FS: Schitt Mjolnir 230v located in Aus 20 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 38 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 54 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Please help choosing between 3 amps+dac for my DT 990 pro 250 ohm 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)