or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V-MODA Crossfade M-100: Am I doing something wrong?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA Crossfade M-100: Am I doing something wrong? - Page 5  

post #61 of 123

It's not impossible that it's a bad pair. There seem to be threads floating around where people got a set that had no bass response to speak of. 

post #62 of 123
Thread Starter 
Can I find higher quality audio files without... The illegality of it? Also, I listen to soundcloud a lot. Are those files better? Worse?
post #63 of 123
Thread Starter 
And I use an iPhone 5. If that's what you're wondering.
post #64 of 123

Unfortunately for any files that are high quality, you are either going to have to pay for it or get it illegally. The only exception being if the artist is giving away the music for free through Bandcamp or something. Keep in mind that YouTube rips are just as illegal as pirating. I'm pretty sure Soundcloud is legal, though.


Edited by deciBel23 - 2/20/14 at 5:54pm
post #65 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by deciBel23 View Post
 

Unfortunately for any files that are high quality, you are either going to have to pay for it or get it illegally. The only exception being if the artist is giving away the music for free through Bandcamp or something. Keep in mind that YouTube rips are just as illegal as pirating. I'm pretty sure Soundcloud is legal, though.

 

Spotify and Rdio stream/download at 320 (less on cellular data unless you change it in the preferences). No need for anything higher.

post #66 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

Spotify and Rdio stream/download at 320 (less on cellular data unless you change it in the preferences). No need for anything higher.

Hmm, yeah, forgot about Spotify. You still need to pay for Premium if you want on-demand for mobile, right? 

post #67 of 123
Thread Starter 
Does soundcloud have high quality? Or not?
post #68 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by deciBel23 View Post
 

Hmm, yeah, forgot about Spotify. You still need to pay for Premium if you want on-demand for mobile, right? 

Yeah but $10/mo is chump change considering how much music you get, IMO. I burn through new music as often as I can, WELL worth it.

post #69 of 123
Thread Starter 

Well, what about soundcloud? I'm not buying spotify. Are soundcloud files typically good? Or are those just youtube rips as well?

post #70 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby123179 View Post
 

Well, what about soundcloud? I'm not buying spotify. Are soundcloud files typically good? Or are those just youtube rips as well?

 

Soundcloud and Bandcamp both use 128, and in the case of Souncloud the source file could easily be terrible.

 

EDIT: If you aren't worried about listening to specific songs in a specific order on your phone, Spotify's free tier is pretty cool (and you get it on your desktop w/ full access): https://www.spotify.com/us/free/


Edited by SomeGuyDude - 2/20/14 at 7:12pm
post #71 of 123
Thread Starter 

I prefer to listen to the songs I like in the order I like. Spotify just isn't for me.

post #72 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

Soundcloud and Bandcamp both use 128, and in the case of Souncloud the source file could easily be terrible.

Are you sure you're not getting Bandcamp confused with some other service? Bandcamp offers a wide variety of files when you download, the lowest being some form of AAC (never bothered to see what bitrate, probably 256kbps)

 

post #73 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by deciBel23 View Post
 

Are you sure you're not getting Bandcamp confused with some other service? Bandcamp offers a wide variety of files when you download, the lowest being some form of AAC (never bothered to see what bitrate, probably 256kbps)

 

Oops, I was looking at their streaming, my mistake: https://bandcamp.com/help/audio_basics

 

But even then, BC is pretty freaking limited to what you have access to. 

post #74 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby123179 View Post

I know they actually rumble. But I don't hear the actual bass. I've noticed that if I put pressure on the cans and push them slightly harder on my head, I can hear AND feel the bass! But I can't just sit there and hold them tightly against my head all day! Is there any way I can make them tighter on my head?

Your M-100 is probably defective.  I had the same symptom with the UE6000 (considered a basshead HP) which I returned.  There's a small chance that your earpad don't seal properly against your noggin, causing the bass to roll off.  This is a common problem with poor fitting IEM tips. 

post #75 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

Oops, I was looking at their streaming, my mistake: https://bandcamp.com/help/audio_basics

 

But even then, BC is pretty freaking limited to what you have access to. 

Oh, okay. Yeah, there's no denying that. It's mostly indie artists. It's a shame, really, considering that it's much better than iTunes and Beatport when you put aside the whole limited selection thing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V-MODA Crossfade M-100: Am I doing something wrong?