If you compare the best $400 IEMs to headphones like NAH Viso HP50, B&W P7, B&O H6, Focal Spirit Pro/Classic, Momentum, AKG 545 what do you think comes out on top in terms of sound quality?
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › $400 Portable cans vs $400 IEMs
- productBowers & Wilkins P7tagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
- productNAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
Related Forum Threads
- Endgame portable over ear advice (please help!!) Last post on 2/2/15 at 9:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good Replacements for NAD Viso HP50 with stronger bass? Last post on 10/12/14 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum over ear replacement..... Denon AH-D600 vs Nad Viso HP50 vs B&W P7 vs... Last post on 7/16/15 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Much difference in high end CIEMs to NAD Viso HP50/ B&W P7s/ B&O H6/ Focal Spirit Pro? Last post on 2/25/14 at 5:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for portable use? No amps, no iems Last post on 1/10/14 at 5:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
$400 Portable cans vs $400 IEMs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 4
2/17/14 at 8:29pm
If I have time this weekend, I'll do comparisons to the K845 and P7.
post #3 of 4
2/17/14 at 9:02pm
post #4 of 4
2/22/14 at 6:32pm
full-sized cans generally sound 'better' than IEMs.
Back to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $400 Portable cans vs $400 IEMs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3611 Active Users (641 Members and 2970 Guests)
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 9 seconds ago
- › How to make a comprehensive head-fi review? 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 5 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 5 minutes ago
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3