If you compare the best $400 IEMs to headphones like NAH Viso HP50, B&W P7, B&O H6, Focal Spirit Pro/Classic, Momentum, AKG 545 what do you think comes out on top in terms of sound quality?
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › $400 Portable cans vs $400 IEMs
- productBowers & Wilkins P7tagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
- productNAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
Related Forum Threads
- Endgame portable over ear advice (please help!!) Last post on 2/2/15 at 9:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good Replacements for NAD Viso HP50 with stronger bass? Last post on 10/12/14 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum over ear replacement..... Denon AH-D600 vs Nad Viso HP50 vs B&W P7 vs... Last post on 8/12/14 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Much difference in high end CIEMs to NAD Viso HP50/ B&W P7s/ B&O H6/ Focal Spirit Pro? Last post on 2/25/14 at 5:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for portable use? No amps, no iems Last post on 1/10/14 at 5:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
Before I begin my review, I would like to Thank Meelectronics for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. It seems that everywhere you look you see another new...
The Philps Fidelio X2 was purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Philips. Introduction: The Philips Fidelio X2 is Philips top of the line full size open headphones. I picked up...
Still burning-in, but I can already say they are by far the best sounding IEM's I've ever heard. Fantastically clear/clean through the mids and treble - tremendous detail resolution without things...
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
$400 Portable cans vs $400 IEMs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 4
2/17/14 at 8:29pm
If I have time this weekend, I'll do comparisons to the K845 and P7.
post #3 of 4
2/17/14 at 9:02pm
post #4 of 4
2/22/14 at 6:32pm
full-sized cans generally sound 'better' than IEMs.
Back to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $400 Portable cans vs $400 IEMs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3488 Active Users (703 Members and 2785 Guests)
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 12 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 36 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 39 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 41 seconds ago
- › What specs do you look for in a good quality headphone? 46 seconds ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Livesoundwave.com and Head-Fi promotion - $50 off orders of $200 or... 2 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by twister6
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by peter123
- › Sennheiser IE800 by Lan647
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2