If you compare the best $400 IEMs to headphones like NAH Viso HP50, B&W P7, B&O H6, Focal Spirit Pro/Classic, Momentum, AKG 545 what do you think comes out on top in terms of sound quality?
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › $400 Portable cans vs $400 IEMs
- productBowers & Wilkins P7tagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
- productNAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
Related Forum Threads
- Endgame portable over ear advice (please help!!) Last post on 2/2/15 at 9:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good Replacements for NAD Viso HP50 with stronger bass? Last post on 10/12/14 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum over ear replacement..... Denon AH-D600 vs Nad Viso HP50 vs B&W P7 vs... Last post on 8/12/14 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Much difference in high end CIEMs to NAD Viso HP50/ B&W P7s/ B&O H6/ Focal Spirit Pro? Last post on 2/25/14 at 5:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for portable use? No amps, no iems Last post on 1/10/14 at 5:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
$400 Portable cans vs $400 IEMs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 4
2/17/14 at 8:29pm
If I have time this weekend, I'll do comparisons to the K845 and P7.
post #3 of 4
2/17/14 at 9:02pm
post #4 of 4
2/22/14 at 6:32pm
full-sized cans generally sound 'better' than IEMs.
Back to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $400 Portable cans vs $400 IEMs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 2987 Active Users (575 Members and 2412 Guests)
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 49 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 12 HOURS AWAY!!! 1 minute ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Help to choose headphone. Alternative to P7? Pair with DAC? 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica debuts three new pairs of headphones ATH-R70x,... 8 minutes ago
- › On Ear Headphones for 100$ 11 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 11 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2