If you compare the best $400 IEMs to headphones like NAH Viso HP50, B&W P7, B&O H6, Focal Spirit Pro/Classic, Momentum, AKG 545 what do you think comes out on top in terms of sound quality?
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › $400 Portable cans vs $400 IEMs
- productBowers & Wilkins P7tagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
- productNAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
Related Forum Threads
- Endgame portable over ear advice (please help!!) Last post on 2/2/15 at 9:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good Replacements for NAD Viso HP50 with stronger bass? Last post on 10/12/14 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum over ear replacement..... Denon AH-D600 vs Nad Viso HP50 vs B&W P7 vs... Last post on 7/16/15 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Much difference in high end CIEMs to NAD Viso HP50/ B&W P7s/ B&O H6/ Focal Spirit Pro? Last post on 2/25/14 at 5:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for portable use? No amps, no iems Last post on 1/10/14 at 5:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
$400 Portable cans vs $400 IEMs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 4
2/17/14 at 8:29pm
If I have time this weekend, I'll do comparisons to the K845 and P7.
post #3 of 4
2/17/14 at 9:02pm
post #4 of 4
2/22/14 at 6:32pm
full-sized cans generally sound 'better' than IEMs.
Back to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $400 Portable cans vs $400 IEMs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3414 Active Users (660 Members and 2754 Guests)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 30 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 58 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chasing down noise.... 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Audeze LCD3F 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2