All suggestions welcome guys :)
Related Forum Threads
- Somewhat amazing headphones for $200 for a headphone noob Last post on 3/15/13 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Inexpensive headphones for monitoring audio in movie production Last post on 9/18/14 at 10:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are there headphones that work with glasses? Last post on 9/15/14 at 7:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 Last post on 10/19/14 at 9:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for home use under 50$ Last post on 9/22/14 at 6:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Best Over ear closed cans for £250/$350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't know if they're "the best," but the B&O H6 seems to be one of the better options available. Well made, excellent comfort, with an open sound that belies their closed design. I can't detect any particular emphasis or coloration of any part of the spectrum (but I'm no expert, either). My one sonic gripe is that vocals, particularly female, seem somewhat distant or thin. I'm not sure I would have noticed if not for side-to-side comparison with my Sony MA900's.
They also have angled drivers which help positional cues, if you're into that. Works great with Dolby Headphone processing.
I wish that they came with a case and non-remote cord. I'm using them primarily for home use.
There are a lot of other options I haven't tried (or only tried very briefly), although I did prefer these to the B&W P7. The H6 blows away my old Sony MDR-V6's.
Edited by Rimbaud - 2/17/14 at 1:28pm
Have you considered the Mr Speakers Mad Dogs?
- Best Over ear closed cans for £250/$350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 53 seconds ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 1 minute ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 2 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › Amping for AKG Q701 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)