All suggestions welcome guys :)
Related Forum Threads
- Somewhat amazing headphones for $200 for a headphone noob Last post on 3/15/13 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some headphones for my dad (help needed) Last post on 8/10/14 at 8:47am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-V6 at Amazon Last post on 6/30/14 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- sony mdr v6 and fiio e6 Last post on 6/30/14 at 3:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- B&W P7 with standalone headphone amp and it's 22 ohms and 50mW of max input power Last post on 6/18/14 at 1:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Best Over ear closed cans for £250/$350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't know if they're "the best," but the B&O H6 seems to be one of the better options available. Well made, excellent comfort, with an open sound that belies their closed design. I can't detect any particular emphasis or coloration of any part of the spectrum (but I'm no expert, either). My one sonic gripe is that vocals, particularly female, seem somewhat distant or thin. I'm not sure I would have noticed if not for side-to-side comparison with my Sony MA900's.
They also have angled drivers which help positional cues, if you're into that. Works great with Dolby Headphone processing.
I wish that they came with a case and non-remote cord. I'm using them primarily for home use.
There are a lot of other options I haven't tried (or only tried very briefly), although I did prefer these to the B&W P7. The H6 blows away my old Sony MDR-V6's.
Edited by Rimbaud - 2/17/14 at 1:28pm
Have you considered the Mr Speakers Mad Dogs?
- Best Over ear closed cans for £250/$350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 43 seconds ago
- › Positional audio for new guys. 55 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › I pulled the trigger on the AKG K712 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)