or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014 Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014 Impressions thread - Page 8  

post #106 of 128

Just sharing a couple of pics

 

 

Now, that's a "sandwich" you don't see every day.

 

 

 

and here's a very photogenic pair.

post #107 of 128

@baronkatz:  Yeah, your ESW9 were really amazing for a small, portable HP.  I feel very tempted to get one. :-)

 

I also loved the T5P driven by the portable Nagra SD.  It was just incredible. Is that the one you are talking about?

post #108 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by walfredo View Post
 

@baronkatz:  Yeah, your ESW9 were really amazing for a small, portable HP.  I feel very tempted to get one. :-)

 

I also loved the T5P driven by the portable Nagra SD.  It was just incredible. Is that the one you are talking about?

Yes the ESW9s are cheap, especially if you get them used.

 

Yes the one from the Nagra is the one I was talking about where he recorded the concert himself. It was truly amazing! He did a lot of mods to it so it had more bass, sounded more dark and rounded, etc...

post #109 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

like the pics. good to put faces to names.

 

Talking about faces to names...

 

Here are some faces that I took.

 

Jon and Baronkatz

 

 

Just Jon:

 

 

And I caught Baronkatz while he was enjoying his burrito. Sorry, man, but your face is so priceless that I have to upload this!

 

 

And here's HiFiGuy528 enjoying that certain pair of headphone and that certain amp... (haha, play a guessing game!)

 

 

SanJoseCanJunkie

 

 

Van

 

 

UZI and his $1000 USB cable. He's your man if you need to know whether or not it makes a difference!

 

 

And finally, I was able to snap these fabulous shots of CEE TEE!

 

 

 

 

 

Next post will contain some gear photos.

 

Edit: never mind. Thanks, Jude! :beerchug: 


Edited by Bill-P - 2/23/14 at 4:09pm
post #110 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post

 

...Edit: side note, it seems Head-Fi reduces the resolution of these photos, so if anyone would like to have higher resolution versions, please PM me your email address. :beerchug:

 

@Bill-P, the resolution is reduced in the post, but if you click on a photo, and then click on the button labeled "Original," you'll see the full-size photo (including EXIF, if you're into that).

 

(Very nice photos, by the way!)

post #111 of 128
Click on the picture, then click on the 'Original' button toward the right underneath the picture and it will give you the full resolution version. It only reduces the resolution to make it easier to read threads without huge pictures causing alignment problems.

edit: Jude is extra speedy today I see.. cool.gif
post #112 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post
 

 

@Bill-P, the resolution is reduced in the post, but if you click on a photo, and then click on the button labeled "Original," you'll see the full-size photo (including EXIF, if you're into that).

 

(Very nice photos, by the way!)

 

Oh wow, I just realized that. Thanks for the tips!

post #113 of 128

^Oh my...thanks Bill.  There is some evidence that I was there!

 

I'm now back from the snow and feeling like I rather got into a car accident (instead of one day snowboarding + two days driving). ;)

 

Need to work out next year ahead of the meet and the snow.

 

Overdue for a post from me...

 

Totally want to thank a bunch of people who traveled far, helped with the meet, or just helped me unpack/pack my stuff on the day.

 

What an event.  So cool to have many first time posters and meet attendees too.  

 

Thanks to everyone who attended- you made this meet BIG in many ways. 

 

Will post again within the next couple of days...love all the pics and the impressions!!!

post #114 of 128

Awesome pictures, Bill-P...I needed a new avatar.

post #115 of 128

Haha, oh man, and I didn't forget to include this person, but I wanted to make sure I didn't butcher his photo too much.

 

Here's MKubota1:

 

post #116 of 128

nice pics Bill-P...great work with that Fuji X-Pro1 mate..

 

That's the other thing that got me about this meet..a fair few folks toting Fuji X cameras :D

post #117 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post
 

Haha, oh man, and I didn't forget to include this person, but I wanted to make sure I didn't butcher his photo too much.

 

Here's MKubota1:

 

 

Thanks Bill!!!  I need all the Photoshop help I can get!  :blink:

post #118 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansen View Post
 

Awesome pictures, Bill-P...I needed a new avatar.

 

Haha, I see it now. Glad I was able to help!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachu View Post
 

nice pics Bill-P...great work with that Fuji X-Pro1 mate..

 

That's the other thing that got me about this meet..a fair few folks toting Fuji X cameras :D

 

Haha, yeah.

 

And I saw two Sony A7's. Would have loved to see the image quality on that thing.

 

As it is though, I'm really loving the X-Pro1 over my old X100. The images I'm getting are spot-on with excellent colors.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkubota1 View Post

 

Thanks Bill!!!  I need all the Photoshop help I can get!  :blink:

 

Haha, it was just that I screwed up on the ISO settings for your photo specifically, so it came out a lot darker and much less detailed than the other photos.

 

That was on me! You look fabulous from that angle!

post #119 of 128
Anyone remember what dac was hooked up to the cavalli amps?
post #120 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashem View Post

Anyone remember what dac was hooked up to the cavalli amps?

 

 

http://www.resolutionaudio.com/cantata.html

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014 Impressions thread