I know this hobby is very hard to have an end...especially when you come here. However, I have set that the endgame headphone for me will be the LCD-2 or HE-6,for now. I currently have the HE-400 and DT 880 with the Magni/Modi combo. For the amp/dac, I don't know yet lol, but I do really want a WA-7 mostly because its so pretty. What is everyone's endgame set up? or there is no end?
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/5/16 at 2:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-400 bass not as present as I expected Last post on 4/16/15 at 8:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Whats your endgame setup?post #1 of 272/17/14 at 4:24amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 272/17/14 at 5:16ampost #3 of 272/17/14 at 5:34ampost #4 of 272/17/14 at 5:41amThread Starterpost #5 of 272/17/14 at 5:47ampost #6 of 272/17/14 at 6:48amThread Starterpost #7 of 272/17/14 at 7:38am
My grail setups (IE terminate headfi membership and quietly walk away)
Stax SR009, K1000, LCD-2
KGSS, Blue hawaii, GS-X
Orpheus / HE90
Theres also some really good sounding all-Stax setups I have heard... but I can't remember specifically what they were.
Not that I'm complaining though. I really enjoy what I have now.
Edited by kramer5150 - 2/17/14 at 7:40ampost #8 of 272/17/14 at 8:54ampost #9 of 272/23/14 at 12:44amI think im there: HD700 + Schiit Asgard2 + UberBifrost for home use, Amperior + X3 + E12 for pprtable use. Cant really imagine it getting any better. I love the Sennheiser sound signature, love and enjoy my HD650s, but the HD700s are on another level, however I dont see myself buying HD800s: I wouldn't mind it if the 700s had the punch the 650s do, and from what I gather, the 800s have even less bass than the 700s, which would be def not be my cup of tea.
If I dont buy 800s, then I dont see the need to buy an amp more powerful than the Asgard2: its super quiet, clean and powerful enough to power the 150ohm 700s and 300ohm 650s. The Uber Bifrost is just and absolutely incredible DAC, and I judgment see how much more can be gained by spending twice or three times as much.
I will buy the USB upgrade for my Bifrost, and will probably buy a Loki DSD DAC to go along with the Bifrost as I am starting to grt into DSD downloads, but that would be it.
Of course, I could always expand my horizons and consider a completely different brand for headphones tk add to my collection....post #10 of 272/23/14 at 1:45am
Based on the sort of sounds I've liked, I don't really see an endgame for myself in the usual sense of "best of the best," more like a familiar point of rest.
When I started, I was using an older AKG straight from a CD player. It's likely that I'll end up satisfied with an upgraded version of that: maybe an even older AKG (or Sennheiser), a newer CD player, a decent amp, and even some good cables.
Sort of an all round upgrade; nothing too ambitious. I might even be halfway there, so maybe in another year or so I'll be able to stop thinking about it and do nothing but listen to the music. I'll still come to meets because they're such fun.post #11 of 272/23/14 at 1:51ampost #12 of 272/23/14 at 2:36am
As soon as it arrives I'll be pretty content with my setup: Audio-gd nfb1.32+Schiit Mjolnir+HE-500, just waiting on the MJ to arrive. Next thing I'll upgrade will be headphones which will likely be far in the future and either HD800 or T1 or HE-560/HE-6 depending on reviews. None of those phones I feel I really need to have at the moment, so it may be at least a year before I upgrade. That is of course if the HE-560 isn't super amazing, in which case I will purchase it and be done.post #13 of 272/23/14 at 9:18ampost #14 of 272/23/14 at 9:21am
My needs are pretty simple, because I -really- dislike having too many pieces of equipment and I like sleek hardware. So I'll never be a guy who has some giant desktop amp with a DAC and etc etc etc. More like I'll keep an eye on what there is that fills the niche of the M100's and pick up whatever tiny little amp is out there.post #15 of 272/23/14 at 11:38amQuote:Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude
My needs are pretty simple, because I -really- dislike having too many pieces of equipment and I like sleek hardware. So I'll never be a guy who has some giant desktop amp with a DAC and etc etc etc. More like I'll keep an eye on what there is that fills the niche of the M100's and pick up whatever tiny little amp is out there.
Dont be that guy, dude :)
- Whats your endgame setup?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 53 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 1 minute ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and... 1 minute ago
- › ZTE AXON 7-America's First HiFi Mobile Audio & Dolby ATMOS 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...