I know this hobby is very hard to have an end...especially when you come here. However, I have set that the endgame headphone for me will be the LCD-2 or HE-6,for now. I currently have the HE-400 and DT 880 with the Magni/Modi combo. For the amp/dac, I don't know yet lol, but I do really want a WA-7 mostly because its so pretty. What is everyone's endgame set up? or there is no end?
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 5/11/14 at 5:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 10:37 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is it worth getting really high-end headphones if your source is 320kbps audio files? Last post on 4/6/14 at 5:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
Whats your endgame setup?post #1 of 272/17/14 at 4:24amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 272/17/14 at 5:16ampost #3 of 272/17/14 at 5:34ampost #4 of 272/17/14 at 5:41amThread Starterpost #5 of 272/17/14 at 5:47ampost #6 of 272/17/14 at 6:48amThread Starterpost #7 of 272/17/14 at 7:38am
My grail setups (IE terminate headfi membership and quietly walk away)
Stax SR009, K1000, LCD-2
KGSS, Blue hawaii, GS-X
Orpheus / HE90
Theres also some really good sounding all-Stax setups I have heard... but I can't remember specifically what they were.
Not that I'm complaining though. I really enjoy what I have now.
Edited by kramer5150 - 2/17/14 at 7:40ampost #8 of 272/17/14 at 8:54ampost #9 of 272/23/14 at 12:44amI think im there: HD700 + Schiit Asgard2 + UberBifrost for home use, Amperior + X3 + E12 for pprtable use. Cant really imagine it getting any better. I love the Sennheiser sound signature, love and enjoy my HD650s, but the HD700s are on another level, however I dont see myself buying HD800s: I wouldn't mind it if the 700s had the punch the 650s do, and from what I gather, the 800s have even less bass than the 700s, which would be def not be my cup of tea.
If I dont buy 800s, then I dont see the need to buy an amp more powerful than the Asgard2: its super quiet, clean and powerful enough to power the 150ohm 700s and 300ohm 650s. The Uber Bifrost is just and absolutely incredible DAC, and I judgment see how much more can be gained by spending twice or three times as much.
I will buy the USB upgrade for my Bifrost, and will probably buy a Loki DSD DAC to go along with the Bifrost as I am starting to grt into DSD downloads, but that would be it.
Of course, I could always expand my horizons and consider a completely different brand for headphones tk add to my collection....post #10 of 272/23/14 at 1:45am
Based on the sort of sounds I've liked, I don't really see an endgame for myself in the usual sense of "best of the best," more like a familiar point of rest.
When I started, I was using an older AKG straight from a CD player. It's likely that I'll end up satisfied with an upgraded version of that: maybe an even older AKG (or Sennheiser), a newer CD player, a decent amp, and even some good cables.
Sort of an all round upgrade; nothing too ambitious. I might even be halfway there, so maybe in another year or so I'll be able to stop thinking about it and do nothing but listen to the music. I'll still come to meets because they're such fun.post #11 of 272/23/14 at 1:51ampost #12 of 272/23/14 at 2:36am
As soon as it arrives I'll be pretty content with my setup: Audio-gd nfb1.32+Schiit Mjolnir+HE-500, just waiting on the MJ to arrive. Next thing I'll upgrade will be headphones which will likely be far in the future and either HD800 or T1 or HE-560/HE-6 depending on reviews. None of those phones I feel I really need to have at the moment, so it may be at least a year before I upgrade. That is of course if the HE-560 isn't super amazing, in which case I will purchase it and be done.post #13 of 272/23/14 at 9:18ampost #14 of 272/23/14 at 9:21am
My needs are pretty simple, because I -really- dislike having too many pieces of equipment and I like sleek hardware. So I'll never be a guy who has some giant desktop amp with a DAC and etc etc etc. More like I'll keep an eye on what there is that fills the niche of the M100's and pick up whatever tiny little amp is out there.post #15 of 272/23/14 at 11:38amQuote:Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude
My needs are pretty simple, because I -really- dislike having too many pieces of equipment and I like sleek hardware. So I'll never be a guy who has some giant desktop amp with a DAC and etc etc etc. More like I'll keep an eye on what there is that fills the niche of the M100's and pick up whatever tiny little amp is out there.
Dont be that guy, dude :)
- Whats your endgame setup?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › FS: Stax KGSSHV (mint condition) 2 minutes ago
- › Stax 009 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 with 64gb card full of HiRes files plus box and accessories 4 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Which headphones look the most expensive to you (Regardless of price)? 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)