Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Looking for headphones - BASS - EDM listener
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for headphones - BASS - EDM listener

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Hey guys I'm new to the site and joined because I wanted your guys recommendations on new headphones to get.

 

I currently have Sony MDR-X05 headphones and bought them because of the super deep bass they had.  They did a really good job at imitating the same sound I get out of the 2 12" subs I have in my car.  Now I know headphones are not all about the bass, but I know that some headphones do lack bass, which I am not willing to compensate for.  Before buying the X05's I actually tried the Sony X10's which surprisingly, had less bass even though they have bigger drivers in them.  Maybe someone can explain why that is to me, but lets not get off topic.  I love the X05's sound quality but, no lie, I can only wear the headphones for 50 min before they hurt my ears, because they are "ON EAR" headphones and not "AROUND THE EAR".  

 

So I have begun my search for new headphones.  I know that balance is nice for headphones, but I don't listen to balanced music.  I mainly listen to all types of electronic music; Dubstep, Electro, House, Deep House, Trap, Glitch hop, you name it.  Along with that I listen to rap as well.  These are bass heavy genres, and if I could find a pair of headphones that do a good job at mimicking my subs like the X05's do then I would be happy.

 

A few headphones I have been looking into include 

 

JBL s500 

http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/products/Synchros-S500/SYNCHRO%20500_JBL_US?skuId=SYNAE500BLK_JBL_US&searchMode=regularProductOnly&sCatId=cat150008

 

Surprisingly I have seen 0 reviews for these headphones.  I chose these because my laptop speakers are jbl and my laptop actually has a build in 3 in sub build into it, the audio on my laptop is good on the bass side and has very clear mids and highs, I figured JBL would do the same good job on their headphones.

 

ATGH-M50x

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/99aff89488ddd6b1/index.html

 

I hear these are the king of <200 dollar headphones, but am not sure if they have good clean bass.

 

V-Moda Crossfade LP

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-lp/

 

I hear that these headphones were developed around electronic music and have a little bit more bass than the M-100 by V-Moda.

 

That't it guys, I hope I can get good advice from you guys. Suggest other headphones too if you think they are better than the ones listed.  And finally don't get me wrong, I don't want muddy distorted bass in headphones.  The X05's do a really good job with the clean bass they supply and essentially that is what I am looking for, headphones they have deep clean bass, that can shake your head.

 

EDIT: i forgot to mention my price range. i want to stay around 200 dollars or less but if i have to spend an extra 50 or so to get something significantly better then I'm game.


Edited by eggncheezy - 2/15/14 at 6:04pm
post #2 of 9
Thread Starter 

24 hours with no replies. im bumping this

post #3 of 9

I'm afraid nothing on that list will even match the X10. M50 definitely not. The JBL Synchros I've heard as having a slight bass boost but certainly no bass-head level. Haven't heard the Crossfade LP, but I've heard the M80 and M100... neither have as much bass as the X10.

 

I don't think you'll find anything remotely close to the X05, if it has even more bass than the X10, from standard recommendations here.

post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by viralcow View Post
 

I'm afraid nothing on that list will even match the X10. M50 definitely not. The JBL Synchros I've heard as having a slight bass boost but certainly no bass-head level. Haven't heard the Crossfade LP, but I've heard the M80 and M100... neither have as much bass as the X10.

 

I don't think you'll find anything remotely close to the X05, if it has even more bass than the X10, from standard recommendations here.

The difference is that the X10 sounds bad. Yeah it's a giant stack of bass but everything else is a mess. And I'm a guy who really endorses the Beats Mixrs saying that, so there you go.

 

If literally all you want to do is hear a bass rumble with some mess going on behind it, then the X05 is the king. But I'm a dude listening to tons of trap rap and electronic and I'd way rather something like the Crossfades or Beats Mixr because they'll get it shaking and still sound good. 

post #5 of 9

heya,

 

          if youre not in a big hurry-you might want to check in to the  BASSHEAD club.just type it in on forums, and get youre reading glasses. BASSHEADS UNITE!

post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

The difference is that the X10 sounds bad. Yeah it's a giant stack of bass but everything else is a mess. And I'm a guy who really endorses the Beats Mixrs saying that, so there you go.

 

If literally all you want to do is hear a bass rumble with some mess going on behind it, then the X05 is the king. But I'm a dude listening to tons of trap rap and electronic and I'd way rather something like the Crossfades or Beats Mixr because they'll get it shaking and still sound good. 

 

Whatever you think of the X10, the OP apparently likes how it sounds.

post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by viralcow View Post
 

I'm afraid nothing on that list will even match the X10. M50 definitely not. The JBL Synchros I've heard as having a slight bass boost but certainly no bass-head level. Haven't heard the Crossfade LP, but I've heard the M80 and M100... neither have as much bass as the X10.

 

I don't think you'll find anything remotely close to the X05, if it has even more bass than the X10, from standard recommendations here.

i guess i didn't realize i bought the one of the best bass headphones in the market.  Maybe ill wait till sony comes out with an over the ear line like the old XB series.  

post #8 of 9
Dude the vmoda lps have the good bass but is really muddy sometimes. I have it and the bass vibrations are amazing but they drown out mids and high. It hurts your ears if you listen the snares because it feel like pops in your ear. Plus lps leak alot if you listen above 50. It also clamps hard. I recommend the mixr but you have to stretch the bands or the clamping is Terrible
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by danoobb View Post

Dude the vmoda lps have the good bass but is really muddy sometimes. I have it and the bass vibrations are amazing but they drown out mids and high. It hurts your ears if you listen the snares because it feel like pops in your ear. Plus lps leak alot if you listen above 50. It also clamps hard. I recommend the mixr but you have to stretch the bands or the clamping is Terrible

Yeah, I'd really say if OP likes the sound of the X05 the Mixrs will be right perfect. Tons of bass and sounds a lot clearer than the Sony pair. They're my 2nd favorites, plus they're the best looking headphones out there (personal opinion).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Looking for headphones - BASS - EDM listener