or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70 - Page 42

post #616 of 2974
@earfonia What tips do you use with the IM70?
post #617 of 2974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Simpson View Post

@earfonia What tips do you use with the IM70?

 

At the moment still the default tips from AT. I haven't tried with other tips yet. Quite busy for the last few months.

What I'm looking for, for both IM50 and IM70, is tips that would make them sound more airy, more transparent treble.

Will try other tips when have time.

post #618 of 2974
Quote:
Originally Posted by earfonia View Post

At the moment still the default tips from AT. I haven't tried with other tips yet. Quite busy for the last few months.
What I'm looking for, for both IM50 and IM70, is tips that would make them sound more airy, more transparent treble.
Will try other tips when have time.

Yes, I also use the stock tips. I thought I was the only one as nobody seems to like them lol. I was the same with the AT CKN70 stock tips, I used them when nobody else seemed to like them.
post #619 of 2974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Simpson View Post


Yes, I also use the stock tips. I thought I was the only one as nobody seems to like them lol. I was the same with the AT CKN70 stock tips, I used them when nobody else seemed to like them.

 

The stock tips imho are fine, I quite enjoy IM50 and IM70 with the stock tips. Bit if there is any tips or mods that could make them sound more airy, that even better ;)


Edited by earfonia - 5/5/14 at 2:14am
post #620 of 2974
Quote:
Originally Posted by earfonia View Post
 

 

The stock tips imho are fine, I quite enjoy IM50 and IM70 with the stock tips. Bit if there is any tips or mods that could make them sound more airy, that even better ;)

the stock tips sound good but they just feel 'hard' to me inside the ear (don't know if that made sense ...). I can still use them but I much prefer the softer sony hybrids.

post #621 of 2974

Does any US retailer have the IM01-04 yet?
 

post #622 of 2974
post #623 of 2974

Those are all imports from Japan. I'm referring to authorized dealers from the US with warranties.
 

post #624 of 2974

You can buy them straight from AT....http://www.shopaudiotechnica.com/detail/TCL+ATH-IM04

 

Of course they will be pricier here than in Japan. Saw a couple of places had them also at $600 so no better street price as of yet and one wasn't on the authorized list.


Edited by jant71 - 5/5/14 at 5:43pm
post #625 of 2974
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF- View Post
 

Those are all imports from Japan. I'm referring to authorized dealers from the US with warranties.
 

 

The latest update I got from AT-US is that the products (all IM0x versions) have been sold to Amazon distributor and Amazon should start carrying it soon.

post #626 of 2974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sujitsky View Post
 

the stock tips sound good but they just feel 'hard' to me inside the ear (don't know if that made sense ...). I can still use them but I much prefer the softer sony hybrids.

 

Yes, the stock tips are relatively harder / stiffer than other tips.

post #627 of 2974

I just got IM02 yesterday. Does it need some burn-in?
For me, right out of the box, IM02 is a little different comparing to a demo that I used to hear at the store.

 

 

Thanks.

post #628 of 2974
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post

Its not the tips its the angle of the tube coming off the shells. The headphone sticks out from my head instead of nestling in my ear. I guess that's why I use the GR07be...the adjustable nozzle clearly is needed in my case. Shame too cuz these things sound awesome.

More phones need to adopt this feature IMO.
post #629 of 2974
post #630 of 2974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nananan View Post

I just got IM02 yesterday. Does it need some burn-in?

For me, right out of the box, IM02 is a little different comparing to a demo that I used to hear at the store.


Thanks.

The demo units i got from AT already used as demo for around 2 months, can consider as burned-in units. I'm not sure how's the sound before burn-in.

I guess it is up to you, whether you like the sound out of the box, or you prefer the sound of the demo unit.

For my IM50 & IM70, I like their sound out of the box, so i don't bother to burn-in them. Just enjoy it, I trust my ears ;-)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70