or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70 - Page 40

post #586 of 2974

I like the remote cable. I don't think it's worth $50 I paid for, but it's definitely a good option if you use your at iems with your phone. SQ change is not present, and the remote works just fine, and build seems great so far.

post #587 of 2974
IM02 with HDC5/1.2 cable pretty much my favorite closed headphone yet

sublime bass, defined but tight, crystal clear highs and airy mids.

beautiful with dx50 too
post #588 of 2974
You don't know what you are missing if you are not using sony mh650c tips on them. Please give your IM series a chance. I believe you won't regret it. wink.gif

Yes, it is that good and even better than UE600 and Sony hybrids which I also have. I will be very happy if someone except me can share some opinions here. I wonder if I am the only one who loves these tips more than any other tips. rolleyes.gif
Edited by ozkan - 5/2/14 at 3:23pm
post #589 of 2974
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post

You don't know what you are missing if you are not using sony mh650c tips on them. Please give your IM series a chance. I believe you won't regret it. wink.gif

Yes, it is that good and even better than UE600 and Sony hybrids which I also have. I will be very happy if someone except me can share some opinions here. I wonder if I am the only one who loves these tips more than any other tips. rolleyes.gif

We're not going to because we're happy with the tips we're using and know from experience they don't make as much difference as you're claiming. 

post #590 of 2974
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000 View Post

We're not going to because we're happy with the tips we're using and know from experience they don't make as much difference as you're claiming. 

I think you shouldn' t talk about the tips that you haven't used before. You should talk for only yourself not others. This is my advice for you. wink.gif
post #591 of 2974

Ath-Ckr9s beat the im02s in height of soundstaging, will make more profound comparisons between the two.

 

For now, if you guys don't mind reading my impressions of the ckr9s, they're here.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/712460/new-audio-technica-ckr-series-ckr10-ckr9-ckr7/120

post #592 of 2974

Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000 View Post

We're not going to because we're happy with the tips we're using and know from experience they don't make as much difference as you're claiming. 

I think you shouldn' t talk about the tips that you haven't used before. You should talk for only yourself not others. This is my advice for you. wink.gif

Sorry, I should have made that clearer, that statement was made on behalf of The International Anti-Exaggeration on Head-fi Association 😉
Edited by redrich2000 - 5/3/14 at 1:36am
post #593 of 2974
I'm not trying to hype or exaggrate anything. Of course you are free not to believe in my statement. Everyone hears differently and that' s why I asked if anyone had a chance to try these tips.
post #594 of 2974

Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post

I'm not trying to hype or exaggrate anything. Of course you are free not to believe in my statement. Everyone hears differently and that' s why I asked if anyone had a chance to try these tips.

You may not have been trying to but you did exaggerate. I've tried heaps of different tips on heaps of different phones and I know they make subtle if any difference apart from fit issues.
post #595 of 2974
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000 View Post


You may not have been trying to but you did exaggerate. I've tried heaps of different tips on heaps of different phones and I know they make subtle if any difference apart from fit issues.

 

In this case his tips fit deeper and provides a much better seal since they stick out as opposed to the old tips, so you can say this is a fit issue with the design since the opening of the iem are so large.

post #596 of 2974
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000 View Post
I've tried heaps of different tips on heaps of different phones and I know they make subtle if any difference apart from fit issues.


So do I and even I can't remember how many iems, headphones and earphones I've used and sold. I also want to remind you that I was one of that people who suggested the Sony hybrids instead of generic tips in the first place so you have to know that I definetely know what I am talking about and I do trust my ears.

 

I don't want to argue with you about the tips but IMO it is very harsh to say "We're not going to because we're happy with the tips we're using and know from experience they don't make as much difference as you're claiming". You may not want to try but you don't have a right to stop people trying it. Please don't speak for all people. Everybody has his/her own tastes.


Edited by ozkan - 5/3/14 at 8:38am
post #597 of 2974




After this mod, the fit comfort and isolation improved a bit. Maybe someone may be interested in this mod and give a try.
Edited by ozkan - 5/3/14 at 9:07am
post #598 of 2974
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post





After this mod, the fit comfort and isolation improved a bit. Maybe someone may be interested in this mod and give a try.

 

Can you please explain what you did here? the tips appear to be different too

post #599 of 2974

Genius!  

 

post #600 of 2974
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post
 

I also want to remind you that I was one of that people who suggested the Sony hybrids instead of generic tips in the first place so you have to know that I definetely know what I am talking about and I do trust my ears.

 

Wow, amazing, no one would have thought of that otherwise. Anyway, I'm over this now. You fire away about how amazingly transformed the phones are with your incredible tip mods.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70