Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70 - Page 26

post #376 of 866

Anyone know how well the Im70 compares to the Re-400? I believe the Im70 is better built, but wondering on sound.

post #377 of 866

how do im02 compare to re0 in bass and treble

post #378 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenixHD View Post

Anyone know how well the Im70 compares to the Re-400? I believe the Im70 is better built, but wondering on sound.
I supposed both have a very different sound signature.. Can't really stretch such a comparison. I have the IM50 and RE272 if that does help.. RE272 is really on the ruler flat side of sound with minimal bass emphasis and detailed sound. IM50 is bass boosted with a colored mids. Detail retrieval is good but no match for RE272. Can't really compare between them. But they will be sure a good compliment for each other. smily_headphones1.gif
post #379 of 866

Loving my IM03... 

 

Anyone managed to get the AT-HDC5 cables?  I would love to hear some comments on it.

 

Many thanks, and happy listening!

post #380 of 866

I'm deciding between the IM02 and IM03. The best prices I can find are $220AUD for the IM02 and $378 for the 03, so a pretty big difference.

 

At the beginning of last year I got some RE400s, I really liked them, great value, nice relaxed and forgiving presentation but not muddy or bloated at all. But I found myself wanting a bit more detail, separation and soundstage. I did a bunch of research and ended up going for the DBA02-IIs. They had the extra detail I was after but were far too hot and harsh in the treble. So what I'm looking for is detail but without harshness.

 

Other phones I like are ER-4S (would be everything I want except I can't tolerate the deep insertion)

ATH-AD2000X love these, so easy to drive and great sounding.

B&O H6, best closed portable I've had.

post #381 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000 View Post
 

I'm deciding between the IM02 and IM03. The best prices I can find are $220AUD for the IM02 and $378 for the 03, so a pretty big difference.

 

At the beginning of last year I got some RE400s, I really liked them, great value, nice relaxed and forgiving presentation but not muddy or bloated at all. But I found myself wanting a bit more detail, separation and soundstage. I did a bunch of research and ended up going for the DBA02-IIs. They had the extra detail I was after but were far too hot and harsh in the treble. So what I'm looking for is detail but without harshness.

 

Other phones I like are ER-4S (would be everything I want except I can't tolerate the deep insertion)

ATH-AD2000X love these, so easy to drive and great sounding.

B&O H6, best closed portable I've had.

 

Considering your reference to Ety and Re400 and other requirements, it definitely sounds like you are more after a brighter analytical detailed sound with transparency and soundstage, and don't care much about bass quantity.  IM02 will suite you better for that.

post #382 of 866

If you liked Ety Er4s you will absolutely love how IM02 sounds. It is also much better than RE400s which isn't in the same league. 

post #383 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000 View Post
 

I'm deciding between the IM02 and IM03. The best prices I can find are $220AUD for the IM02 and $378 for the 03, so a pretty big difference.

 

At the beginning of last year I got some RE400s, I really liked them, great value, nice relaxed and forgiving presentation but not muddy or bloated at all. But I found myself wanting a bit more detail, separation and soundstage. I did a bunch of research and ended up going for the DBA02-IIs. They had the extra detail I was after but were far too hot and harsh in the treble. So what I'm looking for is detail but without harshness.

 

Other phones I like are ER-4S (would be everything I want except I can't tolerate the deep insertion)

ATH-AD2000X love these, so easy to drive and great sounding.

B&O H6, best closed portable I've had.


Chuya through Rakuten Global was selling them for $168USD free international shipping as well. If $220AUD is currently $199US then $168 would seem to be a better price :ksc75smile:  though this might not help depending on customs or other factors.


Edited by jant71 - 3/25/14 at 5:31am
post #384 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000 View Post

I'm deciding between the IM02 and IM03. The best prices I can find are $220AUD for the IM02 and $378 for the 03, so a pretty big difference.

At the beginning of last year I got some RE400s, I really liked them, great value, nice relaxed and forgiving presentation but not muddy or bloated at all. But I found myself wanting a bit more detail, separation and soundstage. I did a bunch of research and ended up going for the DBA02-IIs. They had the extra detail I was after but were far too hot and harsh in the treble. So what I'm looking for is detail but without harshness.

Other phones I like are ER-4S (would be everything I want except I can't tolerate the deep insertion)
ATH-AD2000X love these, so easy to drive and great sounding.
B&O H6, best closed portable I've had.

CDjapan has IM02 for about 200 AUD excluding delivery, they are fast and reliable, I ordered my IM70 from them and received them within a week
Edited by HairyHeadMara - 3/25/14 at 6:23am
post #385 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 


Chuya through Rakuten Global was selling them for $168USD free international shipping as well. If $220AUD is currently $199US then $168 would seem to be a better price :ksc75smile:  though this might not help depending on customs or other factors.

Damn, I was on their website last night looking at the mic cable, but didn't check the price of the IM02. I ordered through eBay, I will see if I can cancel that and buy from Rakuten.

post #386 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 


Chuya through Rakuten Global was selling them for $168USD free international shipping as well. If $220AUD is currently $199US then $168 would seem to be a better price :ksc75smile:  though this might not help depending on customs or other factors.

http://dealnews.com/features/Have-You-Experienced-Credit-Card-Fraud-After-Buying-at-Rakuten-/748035.html 

 

Not sure if buying from Rakuten is safe.  

post #387 of 866

This was covered earlier in the thread.

Use Paypal and you should be safe.

post #388 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 


Chuya through Rakuten Global was selling them for $168USD free international shipping as well. If $220AUD is currently $199US then $168 would seem to be a better price :ksc75smile:  though this might not help depending on customs or other factors.

 

Did you buy them from Rakuten? How long did they take to get back to you with the shipping quote and order confirmation?

post #389 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000 View Post
 

 

Did you buy them from Rakuten? How long did they take to get back to you with the shipping quote and order confirmation?

Only more recently have Rakuten Global selection gotten better as far as sellers shipping international themselves so the Tenso had to be added. So, I have been a CDjapan man lately and also AJ a couple of times. Quite tempted by the price but haven't ordered the IM02 or anything besides the BLOX lately. One day I think I could get the IM02, maybe the Doppio, or the TE-05, or wait for the next big thing that's gonna pop up.   

post #390 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post

Only more recently have Rakuten Global selection gotten better as far as sellers shipping international themselves so the Tenso had to be added. So, I have been a CDjapan man lately and also AJ a couple of times. Quite tempted by the price but haven't ordered the IM02 or anything besides the BLOX lately. One day I think I could get the IM02, maybe the Doppio, or the TE-05, or wait for the next big thing that's gonna pop up.   

They've been in touch now, they're saying the stock will be in in 4-5 days. I ordered the mic cable as well thinking the shipping would be free but I think the free shipping a special deal on the phones only. Hopefully they'll stick it all in together.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70