Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70 - Page 12

post #166 of 1201
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post
 

I did compare IM50 to GR07be. GR07be has more bass and treble extention than IM50 but also has sibilance issue unlike IM50. IM50s mids are more forward and natural sounding (great for vocals). I prefer IM50 over GR07be. I wrote a review here: 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-im50-dual-symphonic-driver-in-ear-monitor-headphones/reviews/10464

 

Great review! Pretty much the same as my impression for IM70  :beerchug:

I also prefer IM50 & IM70 over GR07BE :wink_face:

When I listening IM50 and IM70, they made me forget of all technicality that I use to bother when testing earphones / headphones, and just let me enjoy the music...

IMHO, IM50 and IM70 should be put on earphones Wall of Fame :ksc75smile: 

post #167 of 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by earfonia View Post
 

 

Great review! Pretty much the same as my impression for IM70  :beerchug:

I also prefer IM50 & IM70 over GR07BE :wink_face:

When I listening IM50 and IM70, they made me forget of all technicality that I use to bother when testing earphones / headphones, and just let me enjoy the music...

IMHO, IM50 and IM70 should be put on earphones Wall of Fame :ksc75smile: 

Just got the GR07BE, also using a Fiio X3. Was debating on whether I should get the Vsonic, or try the A-T. Decided on the vsonic since I could get it locally. Your review does make me wonder however, if the IM02 will be a big improvement (this always happens, I buy something and immediately something better(?) comes along) I also have a pair of Phonak PFE111 & Grado 125, if you could possibly make a comparison to those it could also help me nail the sig.

Cheers for the review.

post #168 of 1201
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trev View Post
 

Just got the GR07BE, also using a Fiio X3. Was debating on whether I should get the Vsonic, or try the A-T. Decided on the vsonic since I could get it locally. Your review does make me wonder however, if the IM02 will be a big improvement (this always happens, I buy something and immediately something better(?) comes along) I also have a pair of Phonak PFE111 & Grado 125, if you could possibly make a comparison to those it could also help me nail the sig.

Cheers for the review.

 

Well, again depend on your music and what you're looking for.  To me all the AT in this review, sound better than the GR07BE, which most of the time annoys me with the treble that to me doesn't sound very natural, and rather prone to sibilant.

If you like the Phonak better than the Grado, IM03 might be more suitable for you.

If you like the Grado better than the Phonak, IM02 might be the one that is more suitable for you.

 

Hope it helps :)

post #169 of 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by earfonia View Post
 

 

Well, again depend on your music and what you're looking for.  To me all the AT in this review, sound better than the GR07BE, which most of the time annoys me with the treble that to me doesn't sound very natural, and rather prone to sibilant.

If you like the Phonak better than the Grado, IM03 might be more suitable for you.

If you like the Grado better than the Phonak, IM02 might be the one that is more suitable for you.

 

Hope it helps :)

My taste in music runs from baroque to black metal, so I'm pretty much looking for an all in one solution <yeah right;)>. I'm really happy with the phonaks, just wanted some more bass authority. Wasn't too sure bout which A-T would be best (im50/im70), but the gr07be was on sale, and I've heard lots of good comments about how well it sounds with the x3. I probably won't be in the market for new phones for a bit, and hopefully by that time the A-T will get some NA distribution (I live in Canada). The IM0x series is on my radar now though.

post #170 of 1201
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trev View Post
 

My taste in music runs from baroque to black metal, so I'm pretty much looking for an all in one solution <yeah right;)>. I'm really happy with the phonaks, just wanted some more bass authority. Wasn't too sure bout which A-T would be best (im50/im70), but the gr07be was on sale, and I've heard lots of good comments about how well it sounds with the x3. I probably won't be in the market for new phones for a bit, and hopefully by that time the A-T will get some NA distribution (I live in Canada). The IM0x series is on my radar now though.

 

Looks like the IM50 & IM70 would be a unique addition to your collection, not for replacing any of your collection :wink_face:

If you have recordings similar to Stockfisch albums, you should try it with IM50 and IM70, so far for Stockfisch albums, none of my earphones sound better than IM50 & IM70 for Stockfisch :ksc75smile:

Although for baroque music, I prefer other, more airy sounding earphones.

post #171 of 1201
although i already have heir 3.a.i and momentum on ear , i 'd like to buy im70 to my collection , one of the best iem under $150, great tune
post #172 of 1201
Is the IM50 worth the extra over the ckx9? Mainly listen to trance and techno.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
post #173 of 1201

Anyone with experience with the IM02/IM70 that can comment on how it compares to the RE262?

post #174 of 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by earfonia View Post
 

 

Depend on personal preference.  I had Westone 4 before for about a year till I sold it. Never tried 4R/W40. For me, I prefer IM02 over Westone 4.  IM02 has the detail and transparency, that suits my preference better.  Also IMHO better bass than Westone 4.

But if you like very smooth sound signature, Westone 4 might be better.  IM02 with non matching player might sound too bright and edgy.

How about in terms of sound stage? Is it wider than the W4? 

post #175 of 1201
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkazGoliath View Post
 

How about in terms of sound stage? Is it wider than the W4? 

 

IM02 sound stage maybe the best in the IM series, IM03 follows very2 close.

I have sold W4 for quite sometime, so only from memory, W4 has pretty good deep and reasonably wide sound stage. Maybe about as good as IM02, but IM02 with clearer and more transparent treble can be easily perceived as having wider and deeper sound stage.

But again, this is only from my fading memory, I don't have them right now to do fair comparison. So take it with some grain of salt.

post #176 of 1201

Anyone with an IM50 listened to the Astrotec AM-90 before?

 

Is their sound signature similar? 

post #177 of 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloWatic View Post
 

Anyone with an IM50 listened to the Astrotec AM-90 before?

 

Is their sound signature similar? 

No, they sound different. AM-90 is a bright sounding typical armature and IM50 is warmer and has better defined bass. 

post #178 of 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by earfonia View Post
 

 

IM02 sound stage maybe the best in the IM series, IM03 follows very2 close.

I have sold W4 for quite sometime, so only from memory, W4 has pretty good deep and reasonably wide sound stage. Maybe about as good as IM02, but IM02 with clearer and more transparent treble can be easily perceived as having wider and deeper sound stage.

But again, this is only from my fading memory, I don't have them right now to do fair comparison. So take it with some grain of salt.

 

How about the bass, comparing W4 to IM02?  Actually, I'm more interested in W40 to IM02 comparison in terms of bass, but W4 would work as well for relative comparison.  Also, when you mentioned about IM02 being revealing, are we talking on Etymotic HFx level or UE900 level?

post #179 of 1201
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 

 

How about the bass, comparing W4 to IM02?  Actually, I'm more interested in W40 to IM02 comparison in terms of bass, but W4 would work as well for relative comparison.  Also, when you mentioned about IM02 being revealing, are we talking on Etymotic HFx level or UE900 level?

 

From memory, IM02 bass is better, more volume and detail.

 

IM02 is very revealing, but I'm sure with the comparison with Ety and UE.  I tried UE900 long time ago, and kinda forget how it sounds, just my guess, I think IM02 is more detailed.  Recently tried Ety ER4S, IM02 if not more revealing, maybe about the same as ER4S in term of detail retrieval.

post #180 of 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by earfonia View Post
 

 

From memory, IM02 bass is better, more volume and detail.

 

IM02 is very revealing, but I'm sure with the comparison with Ety and UE.  I tried UE900 long time ago, and kinda forget how it sounds, just my guess, I think IM02 is more detailed.  Recently tried Ety ER4S, IM02 if not more revealing, maybe about the same as ER4S in term of detail retrieval.

 

Uh, that's good!  W40 supposed to have more bass quantity, so perhaps it's on par with IM02.  I heard it through a grapevine that IM01/02/03/04 series is coming to audio-technica US.  Already have my eyes set on IM02, and once I get it will write my impression in comparison to W40 and UE900.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70