Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70 - Page 11

post #151 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post
 

 

What about IM02? Does it have similarities to AT CK10 if you have heard that?

sorry, I haven't heard yet the ck10 :p

post #152 of 834
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post
 

You know what at first when IM50s were new and not burned-in, the bass was more impactful than it is now. It seems that with burn-in period the bass decreased someway. It can be weird but did anyone experience the same thing?

 

I didn't burn-in mine, since it is already sounds good out of the box. But you might be right, after using it for about 2 weeks now, I do feel that it is a little less bassy now,... but I'm not very sure, is it caused by hours of usage, or is it because I get used to the bass...

post #153 of 834

Does anyone know how the IM02 sound unamped?

post #154 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post

You know what at first when IM50s were new and not burned-in, the bass was more impactful than it is now. It seems that with burn-in period the bass decreased someway. It can be weird but did anyone experience the same thing?
Had the same experience too. I'm quite sure it's not brain burn in as I'm not using the IM50 extensively but instead switching them around. I feel that the bass became tighter and more controlled whilst biting away some of the quantity. It still sounds good though! smily_headphones1.gif
post #155 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post

I wonder if there is anyone who tried IM50/70 without fiters. I realised that w/o filters the sound is much more clearer and no sibilance to be afraid of.
Just tried the filter mod on my IM50. Immediate results has been positive for me. Without the filters on, I was greeted by a more apparent, forward treble presentation and clarity. Details became more profound too. Probably due to the enhanced clarity. No effects on the bass though. Would recommend those with IM50/70 to try out this mod. It is reversible but you have to be careful when taking out the filters. The filters are sticky which I believed is being held on by glue, hence can be applied back on if you do not like the sound after the mod.
post #156 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post


Just tried the filter mod on my IM50. Immediate results has been positive for me. Without the filters on, I was greeted by a more apparent, forward treble presentation and clarity. Details became more profound too. Probably due to the enhanced clarity. No effects on the bass though. Would recommend those with IM50/70 to try out this mod. It is reversible but you have to be careful when taking out the filters. The filters are sticky which I believed is being held on by glue, hence can be applied back on if you do not like the sound after the mod.


Nice! Still, nobody with the 70 has done it yet? Unless I missed it.

post #157 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post


Just tried the filter mod on my IM50. Immediate results has been positive for me. Without the filters on, I was greeted by a more apparent, forward treble presentation and clarity. Details became more profound too. Probably due to the enhanced clarity. No effects on the bass though. Would recommend those with IM50/70 to try out this mod. It is reversible but you have to be careful when taking out the filters. The filters are sticky which I believed is being held on by glue, hence can be applied back on if you do not like the sound after the mod.

 

Glad you liked the mod but from my experience the bass should be more clear, faster and precise too. Did you also change the tips? If you are on the stock tips, it is normal to hear like that.

post #158 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post

Glad you liked the mod but from my experience the bass should be more clear, faster and precise too. Did you also change the tips? If you are on the stock tips, it is normal to hear like that.
Yes I'm on Sony hybrids. I feel that with the filters on, Audio Techinica is going for a more conservative tuning. More to prevent long hours of listening fatigues.
post #159 of 834

So would you recommend getting the IM02 over the Westone 4R/W40? 

post #160 of 834

Have anyone heard the Heaven V or VI? How does it compare to the IM02?

post #161 of 834
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkazGoliath View Post
 

So would you recommend getting the IM02 over the Westone 4R/W40? 

 

Depend on personal preference.  I had Westone 4 before for about a year till I sold it. Never tried 4R/W40. For me, I prefer IM02 over Westone 4.  IM02 has the detail and transparency, that suits my preference better.  Also IMHO better bass than Westone 4.

But if you like very smooth sound signature, Westone 4 might be better.  IM02 with non matching player might sound too bright and edgy.

post #162 of 834
Has anyone compared the IM50/70 to the Vsonic GR07be?
post #163 of 834

I did compare IM50 to GR07be. GR07be has more bass and treble extention than IM50 but also has sibilance issue unlike IM50. IM50s mids are more forward and natural sounding (great for vocals). I prefer IM50 over GR07be. I wrote a review here: 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-im50-dual-symphonic-driver-in-ear-monitor-headphones/reviews/10464

post #164 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post

I did compare IM50 to GR07be. GR07be has more bass and treble extention than IM50 but also has sibilance issue unlike IM50. IM50s mids are more forward and natural sounding (great for vocals). I prefer IM50 over GR07be. I wrote a review here: 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-im50-dual-symphonic-driver-in-ear-monitor-headphones/reviews/10464
Thanks, I did read your review, decisions on what my next IEM is going to be.
post #165 of 834

I am insanely jealous. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70