or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K545 vs NAD VISO HP50
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K545 vs NAD VISO HP50 - Page 3

post #31 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

so you are getting the pandora?!?! I am now officially jealous. since that was on backorder at amazon I think you will have to wait a bit. Also the weight of the headphones people complain about here but people complain A LOT about comfort here and way too much. 

What can I say.......apart from I value your sonic recommendations........ I did feel bad as I can see it was probably next on your hitlist but £285 that's a pure mental bargain price no brainer.

500g of hp  is like a training programme for your neck.......

post #32 of 55

lol yeah but i have a big neck

 

plus everyone complained about the lcd2 and when it came I was like...:rolleyes: really is this supposed to be bad.

post #33 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

lol yeah but i have a big neck

 

plus everyone complained about the lcd2 and when it came I was like...:rolleyes: really is this supposed to be bad.

Hah good music makes these inconveniences more tolerable I guess.

 

Those LCD 2 look like you are actually hanging full on speakers off your head...bet they sound awesome hah!

post #34 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotshner View Post
 

Hah good music makes these inconveniences more tolerable I guess.

 

Those LCD 2 look like you are actually hanging full on speakers off your head...bet they sound awesome hah!

they sound pretty good but I dont desire to buy another pair.

post #35 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

they sound pretty good but I dont desire to buy another pair

The higher the price the higher the expectation........the smaller the returns......

post #36 of 55
Thread Starter 

^The yamahas were so appealing to me because they were very nicely priced. If the Pandoras aren't value for money and don't sound special enough then I will be sending them back for sure......£285 is well more than I anticipated paying and is definitely more than my wife thought headphones could cost :beyersmile:

post #37 of 55

^the most absolute and agreed upon factor of this hobby... diminishing returns.... mid-fi is a very good place to be with lots of surprises.

post #38 of 55
As I've already said elsewhere....the hp50 is a great value, well balanced, resolving and comfortable headphone. It looks modern and is very efficient to power....it also isolates from sound escaping better than a Bose qc15....now that's something worth bearing in mind ;-)
post #39 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

 
^the most absolute and agreed upon factor of this hobby... diminishing returns.... mid-fi is a very good place to be with lots of surprises.
Do you not have the cashflow to order up a pair of the Pandoras at that price then? If you got somebody to send them as a gift from the UK you could still save around $200.
Hah, obviously I’m still feeling bad for stealing your hp of choice..........blink.gif  
I didn't expect Amazon to take payment until Thursday which is payday for me.....the Pandoras have cleaned my bank account 0.00 until then....lucky I have an understanding woman....................I hope they're worth it!

Are you using those Yammies for music production? They look well meaty with those pads on 'em!   
Edited by Scotshner - 2/24/14 at 5:03am
post #40 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafanddumb View Post

As I've already said elsewhere....the hp50 is a great value, well balanced, resolving and comfortable headphone. It looks modern and is very efficient to power....it also isolates from sound escaping better than a Bose qc15....now that's something worth bearing in mind ;-)

I found them to be very comfortable indeed with perfect clamp and seal! Just not quite the sound sig I'm looking for.

post #41 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotshner View Post


Do you not have the cashflow to order up a pair of the Pandoras at that price then? If you got somebody to send them as a gift from the UK you could still save around $200.
Hah, obviously I’m still feeling bad for stealing your hp of choice..........blink.gif  
I didn't expect Amazon to take payment until Thursday which is payday for me.....the Pandoras have cleaned my bank account 0.00 until then....lucky I have an understanding woman....................I hope they're worth it!

Are you using those Yammies for music production? They look well meaty with those pads on 'em!   

No I dont have the cash flow for them at the moment. When the time comes I will prob order them there first. For me I need to dump some gear. I am selling my yamahas too. I bought them for music but a little pre-maturely as I havent fully set up and I am moving as well. The yamahas are awesome I just like to try different things. If the headphone is good enough I work my way back to them. 

 

I think they will be worth it. Dont feel bad the more that have them the merrier. I havent heard them yet but I would like to compare impressions with people. I have a feeling that people are sleeping on these just like they are the yamaha. 

post #42 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

No I dont have the cash flow for them at the moment. When the time comes I will prob order them there first. For me I need to dump some gear. I am selling my yamahas too. I bought them for music but a little pre-maturely as I havent fully set up and I am moving as well. The yamahas are awesome I just like to try different things. If the headphone is good enough I work my way back to them. 

 

I think they will be worth it. Dont feel bad the more that have them the merrier. I havent heard them yet but I would like to compare impressions with people. I have a feeling that people are sleeping on these just like they are the yamaha. 

Ahh I see you do seem to have a fair bit of gear man! If you're selling stuff in and out then you shouldn't really be losing too much cash I guess. Amazon have been great for the 30 day trial....makes you wonder how many people have had the cans before you get them though. I'm sure they just get shrikwrapped and put back on the shelf.

I moved house a while back and don't have the space for a permanent setup which heavy blows, so been veering more towards electronic music. The possibilities of having control over  a whole orchestra, synths, effects etc all from the computer is pretty cool.........nobodys late for rehearsals either...... 

 

Damn those alpha pads look well comfortable. I think I will need to try the yamahas at some point maybe instead of the UM3 hmmm

 

There is definitely a lot of trending of headphones on here. Innerfidelity gets a lot of mention but they review a very small selection.


Edited by Scotshner - 2/24/14 at 2:30pm
post #43 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotshner View Post
 

Ahh I see you do seem to have a fair bit of gear man! If you're selling stuff in and out then you shouldn't really be losing too much cash I guess. Amazon have been great for the 30 day trial....makes you wonder how many people have had the cans before you get them though. I'm sure they just get shrikwrapped and put back on the shelf.

I moved house a while back and don't have the space for a permanent setup which heavy blows, so been veering more towards electronic music. The possibilities of having control over  a whole orchestra, synths, effects etc all from the computer is pretty cool.........nobodys late for rehearsals either...... 

 

Damn those alpha pads look well comfortable. I think I will need to try the yamahas at some point maybe instead of the UM3 hmmm

 

There is definitely a lot of trending of headphones on here. Innerfidelity gets a lot of mention but they review a very small selection.

yeah I have no idea how returns work. I have returned things and checked to see if there was a new used one listed but again I have no clue at all. 

 

Yeah recording at home is the only thing I am really trying to do and since I am the vocalist it makes it easier. i dont need a mic locker or anything like that. You make music?

 

The alpha pads are really comfortable I would try and get my hands on a pair if a headphone you are using can fit them though they will change the sound some. 

 

I would like to see innerfidelity review more hps but they would need more staff I guess. They do a good job. 

post #44 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

yeah I have no idea how returns work. I have returned things and checked to see if there was a new used one listed but again I have no clue at all. 

 

Yeah recording at home is the only thing I am really trying to do and since I am the vocalist it makes it easier. i dont need a mic locker or anything like that. You make music?

 

The alpha pads are really comfortable I would try and get my hands on a pair if a headphone you are using can fit them though they will change the sound some. 

 

I would like to see innerfidelity review more hps but they would need more staff I guess. They do a good job. 

I figured that with returns, as my first pair of 545’s felt so loose I assumed that somebody with a much bigger head than me had to have been wearing them first, hah.

 

Cool, do you sing/spit? 

You can make a decent vocal recording at home these days. When I’ve tried, isolation has been the hardest part (that and the fact I’m not much of a singer!)....those large condenser mic’s pick up everything....passing trains and police sirens...get that real urban feel on tracks : )

I make music but mostly played in bands and accompanying singers. I've been on a bit of a musical hiatus for the last wee while but started messing about again.....mostly caus the new hp's sound so good!

How do the alpha pads affect the bass and treble on MT220. I’d have thought the bass would have been a bit less defined and the treble slightly less harsh?

post #45 of 55
It gives the bass more impact, more depth and a less forward sound with a lttile less highs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K545 vs NAD VISO HP50