Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › I can go no higher than $75, and I have to buy from Amazon (Gift Card I received). Suggest me a closed set of cans?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I can go no higher than $75, and I have to buy from Amazon (Gift Card I received). Suggest me a closed set of cans?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

Title basically says it all. I already have most of my, what you could call "starter" gear, as far as full size cans go. I'm currently using HD518's, and a Pyle Home PHE7AB USB DAC. I just want some decent CLOSED back headphones now.

 

Suggest me a pair?

post #2 of 8

AKG K618

Creative Auvana Live

Koss ProDJ100

post #3 of 8

I would buy the new ATH M30X on amazon if I had the money to spend. Also second the Koss Pro DJ100 because it's so underrated especially at 40 dollars. 

post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangen View Post
 

Title basically says it all. I already have most of my, what you could call "starter" gear, as far as full size cans go. I'm currently using HD518's, and a Pyle Home PHE7AB USB DAC. I just want some decent CLOSED back headphones now.

 

Suggest me a pair?

What kind of sound signature you like? (Warm, Bright, More bass, treble, mids). What do you like of your HD 518?

post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan1894 View Post
 

What kind of sound signature you like? (Warm, Bright, More bass, treble, mids). What do you like of your HD 518?

The 518s sound like they could be driven more, almost like they're intentionally holding back as punishment for only spending $80. I like obvious, but not excessive bass, and enough treble and mids to make vocals really pop. 

 

I know I'm too picky for my budget, and plan on upping it soon, but I'm just now testing the waters with cans.

post #6 of 8

Maybe spends a bit more on the Meelectronics Atlas? 

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangen View Post
 

The 518s sound like they could be driven more, almost like they're intentionally holding back as punishment for only spending $80. I like obvious, but not excessive bass, and enough treble and mids to make vocals really pop. 

 

I know I'm too picky for my budget, and plan on upping it soon, but I'm just now testing the waters with cans.

Ok. The HD518 have a somewhat relaxed sound signature, no is not a punishment for spending $80 xD, it's the character of the headphone. Maybe a UE6000 is the headphone for your requeriments.

post #8 of 8
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › I can go no higher than $75, and I have to buy from Amazon (Gift Card I received). Suggest me a closed set of cans?