- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 7/13/15 at 4:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 8/23/15 at 2:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The NEW Crackheadphone Kit (formerly Bottleheadphone) - $150 headphone built specifically for the Crack - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Tyll Herstens has requested one of the first kits, so hopefully we might see one of his very thorough and honest reviews in the future.
I did do a couple of tests to throw into the mix.
First was to build a couple more kits up to see how consistent the sound is. The good news is the mods seem to create a pretty consistent change to the sound, meaning the inexpensive Monoprice cans we start with seem very consistent out of the box. Any small variations I thought I heard simply seemed to be due to one set being more broken in (and a little smoother sounding for it).
Secondly I was having fun swapping between the new cans and HD800s. If I pulled the Bottleheadphones away from my ears and rotated them a bit like HD800 drivers it was "hey these are more like HD800s now". And if I squished the HD800s a little closer and more parallel to the sides of my head it was like "hey these are more like Bottleheadphones now". So a lot of the signature of the HD800s seems attributable to the distance and rotation of the drivers relative to the pinna. Note here that I'm not trying to say that the Bottleheadphone is in the same league as HD800s. I am merely offering some observation about what driver position does for the sound of a headphone. If I could cook up some great big wedge shaped pads for the B'phones I would give that a try. On that topic, the pad material is fairly critical too. I tried similar pads from two different suppliers and the "grill" part of the pad over the drivers was enough different material-wise that one type was unusable.
Tweaky things, headphones.
Edit, ad nauseum - the Bottleheadphones are specifically designed to be used with the Crack amp. The above observations were made using a Crack amp. The Bottleheadphone will not necessarily play well with other amps.
Edited by Doc B. - 3/6/14 at 1:04pm
- The NEW Crackheadphone Kit (formerly Bottleheadphone) - $150 headphone built specifically for the Crack
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › I think my left ear is slightly weaker 22 seconds ago
- › She is Called M1(Esther) ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread... 46 seconds ago
- › NuPrime uDSD USB DAC Review 51 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › European Headphone Temporary Trading Club (Wanna try cans for... 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 2 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 7 minutes ago
- › Question 8 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Brainwavz Jive by jasonb
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2