- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
Related Forum Threads
- How come if a Headphone has deep and strong bass is not considered a 'audiofile headphone... Last post on 9/10/14 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on 9/12/14 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SRS-4170 system vs HD 800 vs LCD3 Last post on 8/29/14 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Irish Still Make Headphones? Last post on 9/2/14 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-560 versus HD800 (Anaxilus 2 modded) - impressions after a 2 hour A/B session Last post on 9/6/14 at 2:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The NEW Crackheadphone Kit (formerly Bottleheadphone) - $150 headphone built specifically for... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Tyll Herstens has requested one of the first kits, so hopefully we might see one of his very thorough and honest reviews in the future.
I did do a couple of tests to throw into the mix.
First was to build a couple more kits up to see how consistent the sound is. The good news is the mods seem to create a pretty consistent change to the sound, meaning the inexpensive Monoprice cans we start with seem very consistent out of the box. Any small variations I thought I heard simply seemed to be due to one set being more broken in (and a little smoother sounding for it).
Secondly I was having fun swapping between the new cans and HD800s. If I pulled the Bottleheadphones away from my ears and rotated them a bit like HD800 drivers it was "hey these are more like HD800s now". And if I squished the HD800s a little closer and more parallel to the sides of my head it was like "hey these are more like Bottleheadphones now". So a lot of the signature of the HD800s seems attributable to the distance and rotation of the drivers relative to the pinna. Note here that I'm not trying to say that the Bottleheadphone is in the same league as HD800s. I am merely offering some observation about what driver position does for the sound of a headphone. If I could cook up some great big wedge shaped pads for the B'phones I would give that a try. On that topic, the pad material is fairly critical too. I tried similar pads from two different suppliers and the "grill" part of the pad over the drivers was enough different material-wise that one type was unusable.
Tweaky things, headphones.
Edit, ad nauseum - the Bottleheadphones are specifically designed to be used with the Crack amp. The above observations were made using a Crack amp. The Bottleheadphone will not necessarily play well with other amps.
Edited by Doc B. - 3/6/14 at 1:04pm
- The NEW Crackheadphone Kit (formerly Bottleheadphone) - $150 headphone built specifically for the Crack
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iFi Audio "Mini" desktop line discussion thread 22 seconds ago
- › HM-901 26 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 6 minutes ago
- › WIN Sennheiser Urbanite Headphones - Black 6 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)