- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 versus HD800 (Anaxilus 2 modded) - impressions after a 2 hour A/B session Last post on 8/14/14 at 9:46am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audeze Q-Audio 6.5 ft cable with 1/8 TRS termination and an HD800 adapter Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:26am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 8/18/14 at 12:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a **LOUD** DAC/AMP for HD800s Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:49pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The NEW Crackheadphone Kit (formerly Bottleheadphone) - $150 headphone built specifically for... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Tyll Herstens has requested one of the first kits, so hopefully we might see one of his very thorough and honest reviews in the future.
I did do a couple of tests to throw into the mix.
First was to build a couple more kits up to see how consistent the sound is. The good news is the mods seem to create a pretty consistent change to the sound, meaning the inexpensive Monoprice cans we start with seem very consistent out of the box. Any small variations I thought I heard simply seemed to be due to one set being more broken in (and a little smoother sounding for it).
Secondly I was having fun swapping between the new cans and HD800s. If I pulled the Bottleheadphones away from my ears and rotated them a bit like HD800 drivers it was "hey these are more like HD800s now". And if I squished the HD800s a little closer and more parallel to the sides of my head it was like "hey these are more like Bottleheadphones now". So a lot of the signature of the HD800s seems attributable to the distance and rotation of the drivers relative to the pinna. Note here that I'm not trying to say that the Bottleheadphone is in the same league as HD800s. I am merely offering some observation about what driver position does for the sound of a headphone. If I could cook up some great big wedge shaped pads for the B'phones I would give that a try. On that topic, the pad material is fairly critical too. I tried similar pads from two different suppliers and the "grill" part of the pad over the drivers was enough different material-wise that one type was unusable.
Tweaky things, headphones.
Edit, ad nauseum - the Bottleheadphones are specifically designed to be used with the Crack amp. The above observations were made using a Crack amp. The Bottleheadphone will not necessarily play well with other amps.
Edited by Doc B. - 3/6/14 at 1:04pm
- The NEW Crackheadphone Kit (formerly Bottleheadphone) - $150 headphone built specifically for the Crack
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 37 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 56 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › SummitFi EDM Rig - Studio Six vs Liquid Gold vs BHSE / LCD X vs LCD... 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 3 minutes ago
- › LG Quadbeat 2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Good set up for Q701? 4 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 4 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 4 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)