- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
Related Forum Threads
- Why do top end headphones go beyond 20 khz if there is no sound there? Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Find an amp for lcd3 and hd800 Last post on 9/30/14 at 11:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 amping (800 € budget) Last post on 10/16/14 at 1:01pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs Last post on 9/28/14 at 3:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- How come if a Headphone has deep and strong bass is not considered a 'audiofile headphone... Last post on Today at 10:07 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The NEW Crackheadphone Kit (formerly Bottleheadphone) - $150 headphone built specifically for... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Tyll Herstens has requested one of the first kits, so hopefully we might see one of his very thorough and honest reviews in the future.
I did do a couple of tests to throw into the mix.
First was to build a couple more kits up to see how consistent the sound is. The good news is the mods seem to create a pretty consistent change to the sound, meaning the inexpensive Monoprice cans we start with seem very consistent out of the box. Any small variations I thought I heard simply seemed to be due to one set being more broken in (and a little smoother sounding for it).
Secondly I was having fun swapping between the new cans and HD800s. If I pulled the Bottleheadphones away from my ears and rotated them a bit like HD800 drivers it was "hey these are more like HD800s now". And if I squished the HD800s a little closer and more parallel to the sides of my head it was like "hey these are more like Bottleheadphones now". So a lot of the signature of the HD800s seems attributable to the distance and rotation of the drivers relative to the pinna. Note here that I'm not trying to say that the Bottleheadphone is in the same league as HD800s. I am merely offering some observation about what driver position does for the sound of a headphone. If I could cook up some great big wedge shaped pads for the B'phones I would give that a try. On that topic, the pad material is fairly critical too. I tried similar pads from two different suppliers and the "grill" part of the pad over the drivers was enough different material-wise that one type was unusable.
Tweaky things, headphones.
Edit, ad nauseum - the Bottleheadphones are specifically designed to be used with the Crack amp. The above observations were made using a Crack amp. The Bottleheadphone will not necessarily play well with other amps.
Edited by Doc B. - 3/6/14 at 1:04pm
- The NEW Crackheadphone Kit (formerly Bottleheadphone) - $150 headphone built specifically for the Crack
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 27 seconds ago
- › Aune S16 dac and headphone amp 35 seconds ago
- › New Sennheiser Momentum In ear 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › New!! Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson Amp 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)