- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/19/14
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 7/13/15 at 4:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 5/29/15 at 6:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 7/18/15 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The NEW Crackheadphone Kit (formerly Bottleheadphone) - $150 headphone built specifically for the Crack - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Tyll Herstens has requested one of the first kits, so hopefully we might see one of his very thorough and honest reviews in the future.
I did do a couple of tests to throw into the mix.
First was to build a couple more kits up to see how consistent the sound is. The good news is the mods seem to create a pretty consistent change to the sound, meaning the inexpensive Monoprice cans we start with seem very consistent out of the box. Any small variations I thought I heard simply seemed to be due to one set being more broken in (and a little smoother sounding for it).
Secondly I was having fun swapping between the new cans and HD800s. If I pulled the Bottleheadphones away from my ears and rotated them a bit like HD800 drivers it was "hey these are more like HD800s now". And if I squished the HD800s a little closer and more parallel to the sides of my head it was like "hey these are more like Bottleheadphones now". So a lot of the signature of the HD800s seems attributable to the distance and rotation of the drivers relative to the pinna. Note here that I'm not trying to say that the Bottleheadphone is in the same league as HD800s. I am merely offering some observation about what driver position does for the sound of a headphone. If I could cook up some great big wedge shaped pads for the B'phones I would give that a try. On that topic, the pad material is fairly critical too. I tried similar pads from two different suppliers and the "grill" part of the pad over the drivers was enough different material-wise that one type was unusable.
Tweaky things, headphones.
Edit, ad nauseum - the Bottleheadphones are specifically designed to be used with the Crack amp. The above observations were made using a Crack amp. The Bottleheadphone will not necessarily play well with other amps.
Edited by Doc B. - 3/6/14 at 1:04pm
- The NEW Crackheadphone Kit (formerly Bottleheadphone) - $150 headphone built specifically for the Crack
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Any info/reviews of the Soundblaster E3 and E1? 5 seconds ago
- › Pls HELP - better Headphones for FiiO X3 19 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 28 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 early revision 2 minutes ago
- › Who has an end game setup? 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3