Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Flattest, Most Natural, Clear & Accurate Headphone, What is it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Flattest, Most Natural, Clear & Accurate Headphone, What is it? - Page 2

post #16 of 26

Please do look out for this headphone.

post #17 of 26
Thread Starter 

Well I just picked up a pair online from America so I'm expecting them in a coiple of weeks :)

I admit that I'm quite excited. Although I just wanted an answer to this question, the hype for these was pretty interesting and I ended up getting a pair before a pair of HE-400.

I do have a couple of questions though. How long will it take to burn in, and how much do these benefit from amping? I use a Sandisk Sansa Clip when I'm on the go which is where I plan to use these headphones, so will that be enough, or should I used my E11?

post #18 of 26
I am thinking AKG or Stax. AKG 550, Audio Technica 900x. Used Stax with the amp can be found for that price.

You seem to want an 'audiophile' sound, neutral, good with classical (though you may listen to all styles). This is usually light on the bass, but accurate. That eliminates all the bass head cans.

The Audeze and HE all have big bass, the closed cans have smaller soundstage, and your price point precludes the flagships, T1 and above and such.
post #19 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marone View Post

I am thinking AKG or Stax. AKG 550, Audio Technica 900x. Used Stax with the amp can be found for that price.

You seem to want an 'audiophile' sound, neutral, good with classical (though you may listen to all styles). This is usually light on the bass, but accurate. That eliminates all the bass head cans.

The Audeze and HE all have big bass, the closed cans have smaller soundstage, and your price point precludes the flagships, T1 and above and such.

I think that I need to change the description of the post. I'm not actually looking to buy the headphone that I describe, but rather am looking for an answer to the question that i asked. If I really wanted to purchase the headphone that I describe, it would be in another part of the forum (the recommendations side I think)

Anyways I got MartinLogans since this people on this forum have convinced me that it sounds that good. I was planning to get something a bit different, a HE-400 was in my sights, but the Logans took their place I guess.

post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by syNRG View Post
 

I think that I need to change the description of the post. I'm not actually looking to buy the headphone that I describe, but rather am looking for an answer to the question that i asked. If I really wanted to purchase the headphone that I describe, it would be in another part of the forum (the recommendations side I think)

Anyways I got MartinLogans since this people on this forum have convinced me that it sounds that good. I was planning to get something a bit different, a HE-400 was in my sights, but the Logans took their place I guess.

it amps PRETTY WELL, it is a chameleon phone.

 

Give it a warm amp, it'll sound warm.

 

Give it a bassy amp, it'll sound bassy enough man...

 

it takes 24 hours to sound great, and 200+ to sound at its finest.

post #21 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

it amps PRETTY WELL, it is a chameleon phone.

 

Give it a warm amp, it'll sound warm.

 

Give it a bassy amp, it'll sound bassy enough man...

 

it takes 24 hours to sound great, and 200+ to sound at its finest.

Will an E11 suffice?

post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by syNRG View Post
 

Will an E11 suffice?

Should be plenty to be honest.

post #23 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Should be plenty to be honest.

Appreciate it a lot. Oh man....just so excited. Going to have a quick listen, then just let it play for a few days non-stop, let it burn in. Then try it again. 200 hours is quite some time for burn in, almost 10 days worth of listening. 

Also they say that the noise cancelling is a feature, can you tell me how it is? Is it actually any good? Would it be able to remove the rumbling that a bus produces, as well as some light chatter?

post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by syNRG View Post
 

Appreciate it a lot. Oh man....just so excited. Going to have a quick listen, then just let it play for a few days non-stop, let it burn in. Then try it again. 200 hours is quite some time for burn in, almost 10 days worth of listening. 

Also they say that the noise cancelling is a feature, can you tell me how it is? Is it actually any good? Would it be able to remove the rumbling that a bus produces, as well as some light chatter?

ehh isolation is good, not the best, but pretyt good.

 

With music on, you'll be able to drown out a bit of the bus rumbling, and definitely light chatter. However, you do lose those nice micro details that come with it, so I say don't take it to extremely loud places. 

post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by syNRG View Post

I think that I need to change the description of the post. I'm not actually looking to buy the headphone that I describe, but rather am looking for an answer to the question that i asked. If I really wanted to purchase the headphone that I describe, it would be in another part of the forum (the recommendations side I think)
Anyways I got MartinLogans since this people on this forum have convinced me that it sounds that good. I was planning to get something a bit different, a HE-400 was in my sights, but the Logans took their place I guess.

Oh, in that case it's the Stax-009. Stax are very clear, clean and detailed but they are not for bassheads nor those who mistake a lower-mid hump for bass. The 009 is the best they have offered to date, so it is said. Tonnes of detail.

If you want to use measurements ALONE then I think the Senneheiser HD600 measures like a table top from 100hz to 6khz.
post #26 of 26

Stax SR-009 + KGSS.

HE-90 + Orpheus 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Flattest, Most Natural, Clear & Accurate Headphone, What is it?