Hello, audiophiles! For years I have been loving listening to music in almost anytime possible and everywhere: school, road trips, and even in the bathroom. I have been a rock/metal fan ever since, but I've also taken a liking on different genre as well: classical, alternative and some EDM. For years, I've been using either the earphones that is included in my phone or portable player, or those 1- to 5-dollar earphones that obviously suck (here in the Philippines, these kind of earphones are everywhere.Ever since, I've been jealous with those guys who has good sounding headphones. But now that I have done some saving up, I have some good amount to spend! Now, I am looking for THE headphone. This would be my criteria:
1. Full-sized, circumaural. Open or closed. Doesn't need to be noise-cancelling.
2. Durable. This has been my issue since Day 1. I tend to accidentally cut the wires of my old IEMs, so a durable one would be a great plus.
3. Best for all-around use, especially on a smartphone or a computer/laptop.
4. Portablity is a good thing, but isn't necessary.
5. 35-40 dollars in budget. If there are better headphones for lesser the price range, that would be a plus as well!
I have 3 headphones already under consideration: Koss KortaPro, Panasonic HTX7, and Panasonic HTF600.
I would really appreciate all the help from you guys. I'm starting to love this website, as I'm starting to learn more and more about headphones and how awesome they are. More power to this site! :)
Edited by skee - 2/12/14 at 7:10am