Let me begin by thanking in advance anyone who takes the time to assist me. After finding my Shure SRH240a headphones to be severely lacking in comfort, I have decided to sell them and buy my second pair of high-end headphones. The following lists summarize completely what my needs are:
What I'm looking for in headphones
- have to be over-the-ear, "circumaural"
- I use headphones on the bus occasionally, so a closed design is a necessity
- comfortable. I will often use headphones for an hour or two at a time.
- removable cable. While not a "make it or break it" factor, I do appreciate how easy it is to repair broken cables with this function
- Pink Floyd, lots and lots of Pink Floyd
- The Who
- Led Zeppelin
- Emerson, Lake & Palmer
- Any other classic or progressive rock band
My music is played either from an iPod Touch 5th Generation, or my HP laptop. I do not own nor have I ever owned any other high-end audio equipment such as a portable amplifier. While I would be open to trying this, I would rather just stick to my normal method of powering the headphones directly from the player.
I live in a very rural area, so active noise cancellation does not appeal to me. However, I tried a pair of headphones at the music department in my school once (Audio Technica, I believe) that fit so comfortably that I could barely hear anyone else in the room. This did appeal to me.
I'd REALLY like to stay below $150 US in total for all equipment purchased, but that amount could be changed if need be.
Thanks again to anyone who takes the time to help me out.