[FS] *Price Dropped* Beyerdynamic T90, AKG K 340
Will Ship To: CONUS
I need funding for a bedroom setup (just got the speakers and still need the amp) so I decide to downsize my headphones inventory.
- HiFiMAN HE-400: SOLD. Purchased new from an authorized dealer in September 2013, has under 100 hours on it. Condition is like new and will be shipped with original box, receipt and everything. It has a custom leather headband which was made by me. If you dont want the headband, you can take it out easily.
- Sennheiser HD 650: SOLD. Brand new. I never open the box. Purchased from an authorized dealer. The reason I bought it was to complete the trio HD 650, HD 600 and HD 580. Because I had own an HD 650 for a few years I had no motivation to open it and it remains in the box since then. Moreover I've just given the HD 600 to my brother, now there is no reason to keep the HD 650.
- Beyerdynamic T90: $440. $420. Purchased new from an authorized dealer in November 2013, has about 120 hours on it. Like new condition except for a tiny and barely visible scratch on the left side. Original box and all accessory will be included.
- AKG K240 Sextett MP: $SOLD Headband elastic no longer works (I temporary fixed it using some black wires). I have installed a new pair of HE400 velour pads and removed the plastic grills in front of the drivers (I still keep the pads and the grills and will include them). The result is it sounds more open but still remains its sweet mid range and much more comfortable to wear. This is the MP version which are quite rare to find. However I find that there is hardly any different between them. They are the headphones that have the best value nowadays, the ones that I would love to recommend to anybody. They sound (nearly) as good as a HD 650 at one third of the price.
- AKG K340: $250 $220 This is the "bass heavy" version. I bought and returned two to get this one because the others turned out to be bass light. Headband elastic doesn't work; there are dents and the screws in the headband were glued (I don't know why the previous owner did it but it doesn't matter). Other than that the headphone looks great. I have modded them with a pair of beyerdynamic dt 880 leather pads and damped under the drivers at 9 and 12 o'clock. Sorry I can not take pictures of the mods because open and re-attach the pads is a pain in the ass. (believe me you won't want to do it). How does it sound? Brilliant! It has the best mid I ever heard, the imaging is unbeatable, high is smooth but remains very detailed; there is plenty of bass, although they can't go low and has powerful impact as modern headphones such as T1s, the bass comes from different drives (6 of them) brings an unique listening experiment and very enjoyable too. There's a pair of velour pads for dt 880 that will fit the headphone as well although it will make it sounds worse. I will be happy to throw it in too. P/S: they are not as hard to drive as some people think. Mine sounds great with the bottehead S.E.X amp at both 32 ohm and 8 ohm tab and goes beyond listening level at 10 o'clock on the volume nob.
Shipping is free CONUS however paypal fee is extra. Buyers please add 3% or send payment as gift. Please send me a pm for any question about the headphones.
Edited by greyhamster - 3/24/14 at 8:04pm