So.. i have a total 450 bucks to spend on my audio setup.
1. Recommendation on best value(performance/price ratio) sound quality 2.1 pc speakers
2. Which one will give the best quality for 2.1 speakers?
Onboard audio from mobo / Usb to DAC / Dedicated Sound card
*My mobo is Asus m5a99x r2.0 evo with DTS Connect and DTS UltraPC II 7.1
3. Will good headphones ,like ath m50 , in general sound better than 2.1 speakers at around the same price point?
*This will decide if i should get a headphone or not @@
4. What is amp? Do i need it and how much does a good one cost?
5. Is there any other things i need for better audio? :D
I have $250 to spend on audio setup. Tell me which item should i buy first...as after feb, i will be able to get $200 more to spend on audio stuffs.
2.1 speakers is a must for me.
headphone & usb to dac/ sound card & amp pls decide for me if i need it or not.
*Portability is unnecessary for all stuffs mentioned here.
Edited by kaiteck - 2/10/14 at 6:05am