I have had a set of LCD-X phone for about 3 months now and must admit they are possibly the best headphones I have yet encountered. All my objections to full cans, that is listening fatigue in all its manifestations, soundscape, tonal balance, transparency, and just plain audio fun are all there. This seems to have been a very good and pleasurable investment. I think of them as baby Magnepans (thanks Jim Winey)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by nightmancometh, 2/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Amp suggestions needed** Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
Audeze LCD-X ear pads improvements - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
OK a silly question: How did you get the rubber neoprene inserted under the ear pads? Do they just lift up on the insideso you can slip the rubber under there? I would totally freak out if I ruined my LCD3s doing something like this. I thought the earpads were bonded with very strong double-sided tape? The tips of ears already touch the inside of the earcups at times even without the fazors (I have LCD-C).
vegan are more comfortable no question and i think they have a slightly smoother sound but not by much. as far as keeping them clean i am not sure yet since they are new but I am imagining a warm damp cloth probably takes off anything that accumulates on it and for sure you could pull them off and give them a bath with some soap and then stick them back on. the double sided tape just be careful to remove with it staying on the headphone side. i was more concerned about the leather maintenance to be honest. I have a pair of T5p at work that are covered in sunscreen which doesn't like to come off.
oh and to answer your question... they are taped on but there is a flap on them so even taped down they have a space you can fit some rubber between which is the entire width of the pad. my ears don't touch but i have some neoprene sheet I might experiment with just to see if it improves the sound. sound is already very good though, not sure how much it could help.
As the weather is getting warm in the UK and I have just received a pair of vegan earpads from Audeze that I purchased from them directly. The installation was relatively easy and it just took me 15 mins to complete the change. The vegan earpads are very soft and comfortable to wear. They are black in color and match well with the color of LCD-X. Here are the photos before and after the change.
I noticed you managed to get black vegan pads, these aren't available on the accessories section of Audeze's website (they are only in brown). I was wondering if you did anything special to get these, or if they are no longer offering them. Thanks!
Does the problem of a driver (fazor) of LCD-/X/XC/3 touching and hurting ear inside the cup still persist?
If so, does Neoprene rubber ring mod/stuffing pads to make them thicker/replacing pads solve the problem? How's the comfort with the mod? Does it impact sound-quality?
Edited by korzena - 2/4/15 at 5:58am
- Audeze LCD-X ear pads improvements
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › Any experience with Blaze S-1? 5 minutes ago
- › Dt 990 pro 250ohm, background hissing noise 5 minutes ago
- › DT880 dissatisfaction? 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing the world's first LEAR patented -NSS(Natural Stereo... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2