I have had a set of LCD-X phone for about 3 months now and must admit they are possibly the best headphones I have yet encountered. All my objections to full cans, that is listening fatigue in all its manifestations, soundscape, tonal balance, transparency, and just plain audio fun are all there. This seems to have been a very good and pleasurable investment. I think of them as baby Magnepans (thanks Jim Winey)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by nightmancometh, 2/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 9/13/14 at 12:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommended cable for Audeze? Last post on 8/21/14 at 7:46pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on Yesterday at 11:24 am in Music
- Battle of the Modern Planars: LCD-X vs PM-1 vs HE-560 Last post on 8/4/14 at 2:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp/DAC for LCD-X & HD650 Last post on 5/31/14 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Audeze LCD-X ear pads improvements - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
OK a silly question: How did you get the rubber neoprene inserted under the ear pads? Do they just lift up on the insideso you can slip the rubber under there? I would totally freak out if I ruined my LCD3s doing something like this. I thought the earpads were bonded with very strong double-sided tape? The tips of ears already touch the inside of the earcups at times even without the fazors (I have LCD-C).
vegan are more comfortable no question and i think they have a slightly smoother sound but not by much. as far as keeping them clean i am not sure yet since they are new but I am imagining a warm damp cloth probably takes off anything that accumulates on it and for sure you could pull them off and give them a bath with some soap and then stick them back on. the double sided tape just be careful to remove with it staying on the headphone side. i was more concerned about the leather maintenance to be honest. I have a pair of T5p at work that are covered in sunscreen which doesn't like to come off.
oh and to answer your question... they are taped on but there is a flap on them so even taped down they have a space you can fit some rubber between which is the entire width of the pad. my ears don't touch but i have some neoprene sheet I might experiment with just to see if it improves the sound. sound is already very good though, not sure how much it could help.
As the weather is getting warm in the UK and I have just received a pair of vegan earpads from Audeze that I purchased from them directly. The installation was relatively easy and it just took me 15 mins to complete the change. The vegan earpads are very soft and comfortable to wear. They are black in color and match well with the color of LCD-X. Here are the photos before and after the change.
I noticed you managed to get black vegan pads, these aren't available on the accessories section of Audeze's website (they are only in brown). I was wondering if you did anything special to get these, or if they are no longer offering them. Thanks!
- Audeze LCD-X ear pads improvements
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › (Community Outreach) Got scammed, Advice? 4 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 6 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)