I have had a set of LCD-X phone for about 3 months now and must admit they are possibly the best headphones I have yet encountered. All my objections to full cans, that is listening fatigue in all its manifestations, soundscape, tonal balance, transparency, and just plain audio fun are all there. This seems to have been a very good and pleasurable investment. I think of them as baby Magnepans (thanks Jim Winey)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by nightmancometh, 2/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- **Amp suggestions needed** Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 9/13/14 at 12:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommended cable for Audeze? Last post on 8/21/14 at 7:46pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 11/23/14 at 2:09am in Music
- Battle of the Modern Planars: LCD-X vs PM-1 vs HE-560 Last post on 8/4/14 at 2:32am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Today
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Audeze LCD-X ear pads improvements - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
OK a silly question: How did you get the rubber neoprene inserted under the ear pads? Do they just lift up on the insideso you can slip the rubber under there? I would totally freak out if I ruined my LCD3s doing something like this. I thought the earpads were bonded with very strong double-sided tape? The tips of ears already touch the inside of the earcups at times even without the fazors (I have LCD-C).
vegan are more comfortable no question and i think they have a slightly smoother sound but not by much. as far as keeping them clean i am not sure yet since they are new but I am imagining a warm damp cloth probably takes off anything that accumulates on it and for sure you could pull them off and give them a bath with some soap and then stick them back on. the double sided tape just be careful to remove with it staying on the headphone side. i was more concerned about the leather maintenance to be honest. I have a pair of T5p at work that are covered in sunscreen which doesn't like to come off.
oh and to answer your question... they are taped on but there is a flap on them so even taped down they have a space you can fit some rubber between which is the entire width of the pad. my ears don't touch but i have some neoprene sheet I might experiment with just to see if it improves the sound. sound is already very good though, not sure how much it could help.
As the weather is getting warm in the UK and I have just received a pair of vegan earpads from Audeze that I purchased from them directly. The installation was relatively easy and it just took me 15 mins to complete the change. The vegan earpads are very soft and comfortable to wear. They are black in color and match well with the color of LCD-X. Here are the photos before and after the change.
I noticed you managed to get black vegan pads, these aren't available on the accessories section of Audeze's website (they are only in brown). I was wondering if you did anything special to get these, or if they are no longer offering them. Thanks!
- Audeze LCD-X ear pads improvements
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Android phones and USB DACs 47 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › DJ looking for better home sound. 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood (NEW ZMF FLAGSHIP!!!) Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)