I have had a set of LCD-X phone for about 3 months now and must admit they are possibly the best headphones I have yet encountered. All my objections to full cans, that is listening fatigue in all its manifestations, soundscape, tonal balance, transparency, and just plain audio fun are all there. This seems to have been a very good and pleasurable investment. I think of them as baby Magnepans (thanks Jim Winey)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by nightmancometh, 2/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Amp suggestions needed** Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. G430 sounds bad and unnatural, it shoud be better at...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Audeze LCD-X ear pads improvements - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
OK a silly question: How did you get the rubber neoprene inserted under the ear pads? Do they just lift up on the insideso you can slip the rubber under there? I would totally freak out if I ruined my LCD3s doing something like this. I thought the earpads were bonded with very strong double-sided tape? The tips of ears already touch the inside of the earcups at times even without the fazors (I have LCD-C).
vegan are more comfortable no question and i think they have a slightly smoother sound but not by much. as far as keeping them clean i am not sure yet since they are new but I am imagining a warm damp cloth probably takes off anything that accumulates on it and for sure you could pull them off and give them a bath with some soap and then stick them back on. the double sided tape just be careful to remove with it staying on the headphone side. i was more concerned about the leather maintenance to be honest. I have a pair of T5p at work that are covered in sunscreen which doesn't like to come off.
oh and to answer your question... they are taped on but there is a flap on them so even taped down they have a space you can fit some rubber between which is the entire width of the pad. my ears don't touch but i have some neoprene sheet I might experiment with just to see if it improves the sound. sound is already very good though, not sure how much it could help.
As the weather is getting warm in the UK and I have just received a pair of vegan earpads from Audeze that I purchased from them directly. The installation was relatively easy and it just took me 15 mins to complete the change. The vegan earpads are very soft and comfortable to wear. They are black in color and match well with the color of LCD-X. Here are the photos before and after the change.
I noticed you managed to get black vegan pads, these aren't available on the accessories section of Audeze's website (they are only in brown). I was wondering if you did anything special to get these, or if they are no longer offering them. Thanks!
Does the problem of a driver (fazor) of LCD-/X/XC/3 touching and hurting ear inside the cup still persist?
If so, does Neoprene rubber ring mod/stuffing pads to make them thicker/replacing pads solve the problem? How's the comfort with the mod? Does it impact sound-quality?
Edited by korzena - 2/4/15 at 5:58am
- Audeze LCD-X ear pads improvements
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 3 minutes ago
- › WTT for Sony ZX2 or Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio 5 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 7 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors 8 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3