or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread - Page 47

post #691 of 2222
The only eq provided is "pro"- which I highly recommend for many recordings. Otherwise you have to custom set. Tap the eq, create a name, and then you can either draw on the screen the pattern you prefer or adjust each level individually. Kinda' fun. I actually created one for music I bought from iTunes and it really improved it. Hope this helps.
post #692 of 2222
Sorry, replied outside your post. I'm trying to be helpful and really appreciate the help provided on the remarkable 240. Such a new world it creates!
post #693 of 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

Agreed.  My 240 went through some rough patches around some 100 hours and was sound awful at one point.  Now is getting better and hope it will further improve over time. 

 

Oh, it will ... :D

post #694 of 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencewayne View Post

The only eq provided is "pro"- which I highly recommend for many recordings. Otherwise you have to custom set. Tap the eq, create a name, and then you can either draw on the screen the pattern you prefer or adjust each level individually. Kinda' fun. I actually created one for music I bought from iTunes and it really improved it. Hope this helps.

THANK U 

 

also how do we solve the charging problem ? its takes like 6 hrs to charge through the usb cable provided ?

post #695 of 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by liyzag1 View Post
 

THANK U 

 

also how do we solve the charging problem ? its takes like 6 hrs to charge through the usb cable provided ?

You're welcome. The USB to computer is slow, so I keep it topped off with regular charging. iRiver also indicated an iPad charger, or the like, into the wall, would significantly speed up the charge time

post #696 of 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencewayne View Post
 

You're welcome. The USB to computer is slow, so I keep it topped off with regular charging. iRiver also indicated an iPad charger, or the like, into the wall, would significantly speed up the charge time

where can i get them , link please ?

post #697 of 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by liyzag1 View Post
 

where can i get them , link please ?

Here you go:

 

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD836LL/A/apple-12w-usb-power-adapter?fnode=3c

post #698 of 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencewayne View Post
 

Here you go:

 

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD836LL/A/apple-12w-usb-power-adapter?fnode=3c

wat is it , and how does it connect to the ak 240 ? 

lol sorry 

post #699 of 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by liyzag1 View Post
 

wat is it , and how does it connect to the ak 240 ? 

lol sorry 

You plug the USB end of the cable that came with the 240 into it and then into the wall.

post #700 of 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencewayne View Post
 

You plug the USB end of the cable that came with the 240 into it and then into the wall.

oh like that i have the samsung s4 wall charger, same thing as this but got it for s4 , can i use that instead, it won't ruin the player ?

post #701 of 2222

Question for AK240 owners.

 

My AK100 has usb dac "functionality" but it's not perfect.  Long story short the longer I use it the greater the time difference between the video and audio.  Not fun.  Toslink does stay in sync.

 

Since I've moved to an iem only setup I'd love to have a one and done portable rig and the AK240 fits the bill BUT how is the usb dac on it handled?  XMOS, Tenor, VIA, CMedia, firmware like the AK100?  And does it actually work 100%?

 

Lastly what retailer provides direct service?  I ask because I've been emailing iRiver at the addresses they list on their site for a month and nothing.  It's like they don't have a service department so if I buy one I'd like to do so from a vendor I can deal with directly should I need service.


Edited by Solude - 4/18/14 at 5:55pm
post #702 of 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by liyzag1 View Post
 

oh like that i have the samsung s4 wall charger, same thing as this but got it for s4 , can i use that instead, it won't ruin the player ?

It will work fine, but much slower than the iPad charger...not much different than into the computer. Don't think you'll speed up much, but it will work.

post #703 of 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencewayne View Post
 

It will work fine, but much slower than the iPad charger...not much different than into the computer. Don't think you'll speed up much, but it will work.

its exactly the same thing , 

 

http://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-ETA-U90JWEGSTA-Detachable-Smartphones-Packaging/dp/B00BD6XTDK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397866222&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+usb+wall+adapter

 

and it improved the charing speed of my phone immensely instead of the laptop.

 

also do i need any app to transfer music from my mac to ak 240 when i connect it to the mac ? can u please help ? 

post #704 of 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by liyzag1 View Post
 

its exactly the same thing , 

 

http://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-ETA-U90JWEGSTA-Detachable-Smartphones-Packaging/dp/B00BD6XTDK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397866222&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+usb+wall+adapter

 

and it improved the charing speed of my phone immensely instead of the laptop.

 

also do i need any app to transfer music from my mac to ak 240 when i connect it to the mac ? can u please help ? 

Sorry, didn't realize which adapter you had. Thought it was the smaller one. Glad that's fixed. Yes you need Android transfer app that you can download from the Astell & Kern site.

post #705 of 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencewayne View Post
 

Sorry, didn't realize which adapter you had. Thought it was the smaller one. Glad that's fixed. Yes you need Android transfer app that you can download from the Astell & Kern site.

Ooops, just checked your charger. Sorry not the same charger, only 2 v. The iPad one is 12...so if you want to really speed things up......

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread