Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Installing EMU
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Installing EMU - Page 2

post #16 of 49
Thread Starter 
Could the adapters possibly be the problem?or the cables?
post #17 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadobhuk
Could the adapters possibly be the problem?or the cables?
Could be, I'd try some other ones just to see.
post #18 of 49
Thread Starter 
I have no other cables,nor adapters.Ill have to order them.
post #19 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadobhuk
I have no other cables,nor adapters.Ill have to order them.
Best bet would be to pick some up at ratshack, then return them after you test
post #20 of 49
Thread Starter 
I'm trying to reinstall my Win XP from scratch - and I've run into LOTS of trouble.My computer is so screwd,I dont have floppy drive or working bootable CD,I get errors all the time and my old computer(wich i need to use to fix the new one) is infected with Sasser virus,wich works almost the same way as famous W32.blast.worm - rebooting your windows all the time - only I cant find any way to clean it out.
post #21 of 49
Thread Starter 
post #22 of 49
Sorry to hear about these problems; Creative tech support has never been very good but you could send them an email, just in case....

I installed my EMU last night (after uninstalling my M-Audio Revolution.) I haven't done anything with the included software as yet (other than installing it,) just put in a redbook CD and the card worked flawlessly. (?? Do I need to tweak anything in the software for retail CDs? ) I am using Headphile EMU (BlackSilver) cables with a Meta42 amp (soon to be a SinglePower PPX3.) The volume is fine at about 9 O'Clock... Tonight I'll give it a try with my CD3000s.

Hope you can get your card working, cadobhuk.

So far, though I'm very far from being any sort of expert, I am impressed.
post #23 of 49
I finally got rid of the distortion I was hearing. (pops and clicks)
Ended up having to disable my onboard sound for some reason. (Never had any problems before)
(Which is a real pain because I like to be able to use speakers in conjuction with headphones)
Hopefully I'll have better luck getting the Emu to work with my old Santa Cruz.
post #24 of 49
Thread Starter 
I finally installed Win XP on freshly formatted drive (no audigy drivers,no software at all except videocard) and installed EMU again.The sound is very quiete.But when I tryed plugging my CD3000 straight into one of the mono-outs,the sound in my right ear was much louder than through the amp.I dont think the amp is broken - when I used it with Zu Pivot ->Audigy (back before system reinstallation) it sounded very loud.So I guess either Cardas Microtwins are defective,or the Planet Waves stereo adapters aren't the right thing.
post #25 of 49
Thread Starter 
The problem was the adapters.When I got a pair of these everything started sounding the way it's supposed to.FINALLY.Oh man I feel stupid.The card sounds great pen/transparent and smooth/liquid.Will the sound change with burn-in?
post #26 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadobhuk
The problem was the adapters.When I got a pair of these everything started sounding the way it's supposed to.FINALLY.Oh man I feel stupid.The card sounds great pen/transparent and smooth/liquid.Will the sound change with burn-in?

Good to hear you got things working. IME the sound does change with burn-in, it becomes less digital sounding, more musical/groovy would be the best way I could desribe it. I found the card to be a bit fatiguing before burn-in, definitely not after! Enjoy the ride!
post #27 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Good to hear you got things working. IME the sound does change with burn-in, it becomes less digital sounding, more musical/groovy would be the best way I could desribe it. I found the card to be a bit fatiguing before burn-in, definitely not after! Enjoy the ride!
Thanks.Thats just what was hoping to get as an answer.It sounds a little flat/analytical right now,reminds me of Audigy in this way.
post #28 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadobhuk
I'm trying to reinstall my Win XP from scratch - and I've run into LOTS of trouble.My computer is so screwd,I dont have floppy drive or working bootable CD,I get errors all the time and my old computer(wich i need to use to fix the new one) is infected with Sasser virus,wich works almost the same way as famous W32.blast.worm - rebooting your windows all the time - only I cant find any way to clean it out.
If it's working similar to the baster worm, you need to either use the internet lock feature on zone alarm or completely disconnect the computer from the internet. That will stop the thing from shutting down your system. Then figure out which process is causing your problems and kill it. Then search your system for anything related and delete it. Make sure you also turn on the system restore option. When you do have it off, make sure you are using a firewall and you have the current windows updates. If you don't keep up to date you leave yourself out there to get more worms.
post #29 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by genefid
I have an Audigy2ZS and EMU 1212m in the same computer.

They get along great.
Woah. That's a first.

Which one did you install first?

-Ed
post #30 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood
Woah. That's a first.

Which one did you install first?

-Ed
But it won't be the last, I'm going to put my Audigy back in cuz I need it in order to use my PC150 Headset when playing CS.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Installing EMU