Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!) - Page 43

post #631 of 663

ONE WEEK, jeeze did I kill this thread

 

any one want to compare the HE 4 with the HE 5 LE

post #632 of 663
Would be interested to see how these compare... I own a pair of 5LE now.
post #633 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallmole View Post

Would be interested to see how these compare... I own a pair of 5LE now.

well you in the US want to send me your pair? We can Spilt Postage, I'm a little reluctant to send my HE 4 away, as I just got it back after it's been away for a month or so. Oh yea it's back with the wood cups on <3 looks great and Briant did a great job on my cable as well! 

post #634 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

well you in the US want to send me your pair? We can Spilt Postage, I'm a little reluctant to send my HE 4 away, as I just got it back after it's been away for a month or so. Oh yea it's back with the wood cups on <3 looks great and Briant did a great job on my cable as well! 

Would love to but won't be able until at least a week later... I'm traveling right now. 

I have only taken off the silk screen behind the grill. Sadly I used those screen silk for making DIY ear pads so strictly speaking it's not reversible. But it looks like we won't be comparing stock configuration anyway, assuming that the wood cups affect their sound. (You did not convert them into closed back, did you?)

post #635 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallmole View Post
 

Would love to but won't be able until at least a week later... I'm traveling right now. 

I have only taken off the silk screen behind the grill. Sadly I used those screen silk for making DIY ear pads so strictly speaking it's not reversible. But it looks like we won't be comparing stock configuration anyway, assuming that the wood cups affect their sound. (You did not convert them into closed back, did you?)

Oh no,  mine are still open back

 

 

 

Yes the headband is hideous 


Edited by Mshenay - 5/15/14 at 8:15pm
post #636 of 663
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Oh no,  mine are still open back

Yes the headband is hideous 

You could use a pair of these:
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/spare-parts/ohrmuschelsatz-33.html
post #637 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post


You could use a pair of these:
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/spare-parts/ohrmuschelsatz-33.html

Oh noes. I like the white pads, looks nicer again'st that brown imo! 

post #638 of 663
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Oh noes. I like the white pads, looks nicer again'st that brown imo! 
Those pads are silver/grey. I know you have the pads but I do not get how you can see them as white. They are the beyerdynamic pads right?
post #639 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post


Those pads are silver/grey. I know you have the pads but I do not get how you can see them as white. They are the beyerdynamic pads right?

SIlvery Greay what ever, lol I think they look good

post #640 of 663
I used black Beyer velour pads on my 5LE, it's more comfortable than Jergpads, only sounds a little bit light in upper mids region.
post #641 of 663

Sign me up.

post #642 of 663
Quote:
Xenophon wrote:

"It's a headphone, not a life-saving drug.

You are right.I could do without the life-saving drug!

post #643 of 663
I came to know this post rather late...
Very nice club!

Subbed!
HE5-LE Rev 1

Thanks!
post #644 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by earfonia View Post

I came to know this post rather late...
Very nice club!

Subbed!
HE5-LE Rev 1

Thanks!

Greetings from a fellow 5LE Rev 1 owner~

post #645 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallmole View Post
 

Greetings from a fellow 5LE Rev 1 owner~

 

:beerchug:

Cheers!

 

Btw, is your 5LE rubber coat become sticky?


Edited by earfonia - 7/26/14 at 7:17am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)