or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!) - Page 41

post #601 of 673

hey guys, I just bought a pair of HE-400's but reading here I saw something about HE-400i, is that "new, improved" version going to be available soon? Is there an actual article I can look up. Should I return them and wait for the " i " version? Thanks ! 

post #602 of 673
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxvz View Post

hey guys, I just bought a pair of HE-400's but reading here I saw something about HE-400i, is that "new, improved" version going to be available soon? Is there an actual article I can look up. Should I return them and wait for the " i " version? Thanks ! 
The 400i's are going to be a much higher priced headphone. HE-400 pricing is great so I'd stick with those.
post #603 of 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post


The 400i's are going to be a much higher priced headphone. HE-400 pricing is great so I'd stick with those.

and do you know when are those coming out? 

post #604 of 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxvz View Post

and do you know when are those coming out? 

400i is coming out in (late) May and will retail for 499$
post #605 of 673

i've been listening to a newly-acquired pair of he-500 for the last few days. all i can say is, really? selling a pair of headphones this heavy? when i took them out of the box i laughed out loud, wondering how the heck they were going to stay on my head without breaking my neck. 

 

i dig the midrange of these beasts. female vocals like karen carpenter and diana krall sound divine. but they're much too heavy for me...maybe i'll pick up a pair of he-560 used when all the excitement subsides. til then, see y'all. 

post #606 of 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by kugino View Post
 

i've been listening to a newly-acquired pair of he-500 for the last few days. all i can say is, really? selling a pair of headphones this heavy? when i took them out of the box i laughed out loud, wondering how the heck they were going to stay on my head without breaking my neck. 

 

i dig the midrange of these beasts. female vocals like karen carpenter and diana krall sound divine. but they're much too heavy for me...maybe i'll pick up a pair of he-560 used when all the excitement subsides. til then, see y'all. 

Yeah they're heavy.....but then it's not like their weight is a dark and hidden secret that you only get to know after opening the box.  Proverb containing the words...heat...kitchen...comes to mind.  Also, and apologies if this was obvious:  are you wearing them correctly with the headband sitting flat on top of your skull?  

post #607 of 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
 

Yeah they're heavy.....but then it's not like their weight is a dark and hidden secret that you only get to know after opening the box.  Proverb containing the words...heat...kitchen...comes to mind.  Also, and apologies if this was obvious:  are you wearing them correctly with the headband sitting flat on top of your skull?  

sure, you understand that they're heavy. you read the reviews, you know their weight. but you can't fully understand it until you actually put them on your head. 

 

and i don't see how the headband wouldn't sit flat on top of my skull - heck, it's the only thing preventing the cups from crashing onto my shoulders...

post #608 of 673
Give it a week, they are quite light.
post #609 of 673

The HE-500's definitely have some weight to them but I've never honestly found it to be an issue. I could see some problems if you were moving around while wearing them but I have to imagine that 99% of people are sitting in a chair and just taking it in.

post #610 of 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post


400i is coming out in (late) May and will retail for 499$

Really for that much, the HE 400 and HE 4 where going for around $299 for a while where they not? And I think they where $400 back in the day... chances are the price might drop $100 after a few months

post #611 of 673
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Really for that much, the HE 400 and HE 4 where going for around $299 for a while where they not? And I think they where $400 back in the day... chances are the price might drop $100 after a few months
He-400 are $300 regular price now.

I think the $400i will stay above $450 for a while.
post #612 of 673

Typical product introduction pricing....it'll catch the first adopters who gladly pay a premium to get their dose as quickly as possible (and to be beta-tester if things don't pan out).  More power to them! I'm in no hurry, IF the 560 turns out to be the miracle it's being cranked up to be right now then I might purchase it used in 6 months or so when things quietened down a bit.  It's a headphone, not a life-saving drug.

post #613 of 673

My HE-400's and my Sennheiser Momentums, first picture since they arrived both the same day 30 minutes apart. :darthsmile:   

 

post #614 of 673

Curious: are these Momentums on-ear or over-ear version? If it's over-ear, well, man they're small...

Sorry for off topic.

post #615 of 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallmole View Post

Curious: are these Momentums on-ear or over-ear version? If it's over-ear, well, man they're small...
Sorry for off topic.

Actually they are the Over-ear version, they sounded really good but the comfort just wasn't for me. I went to drop them off at UPS for my return a few hours ago.
Even though they were super light, I felt that my HE-400's are more comfortable to my head.

Now I need to find a good pair of portable headphones, any suggestions ? popcorn.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)