Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!) - Page 27

post #391 of 654

Congratualations!  If you like a really glorious, world class midrange then you're in for a treat!  And very nice treble too (I notice you own BD cans, used to own the DT-880 myself but sold it, never really liked the 'house signature' aggressive treble of the BD headphones).

post #392 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post

Congratualations!  If you like a really glorious, world class midrange then you're in for a treat!  And very nice treble too (I notice you own BD cans, used to own the DT-880 myself but sold it, never really liked the 'house signature' aggressive treble of the BD headphones).
Yeah, I've noticed they can be quite sibilant on some tracks and the mids aren't where I'd want. After all I've read I'm sure I made a great choice smily_headphones1.gif
post #393 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Vanderbaum View Post

Yeah, I've noticed they can be quite sibilant on some tracks and the mids aren't where I'd want. After all I've read I'm sure I made a great choice smily_headphones1.gif

Congratulations but Beyers don't suffer from sibilance at all , they might have a slight skew way up high but no sibilance
post #394 of 654
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTechAgent View Post

Congratulations but Beyers don't suffer from sibilance at all , they might have a slight skew way up high but no sibilance
The DT770's are quite sibilant. I reverted to Klipsch Image One's after a bit because I couldn't turn the volume up with the DT770's. Then I grabbed the HE-300's.
post #395 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

The DT770's are quite sibilant. I reverted to Klipsch Image One's after a bit because I couldn't turn the volume up with the DT770's. Then I grabbed the HE-300's.

I have both the 770 and the HE-300 , now I have a lot to say about both but since it's a wrong thread to start this conversation I'll not ......I hope you know what sibilance is because I can't see the 770 being sibilant , they are bright but not sibilant
Which ones did you have , the LE were said to have rolled of highs but the traditional versions were bright , so .....
post #396 of 654

Some recordings are sibilant, regardless of the headphone. Headphones that are bright tend to bring out that attribute (AKA Beyers allow you to hear sibilance easier). This, in a sense, makes the headphone sibilant. It's all relative.

post #397 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTechAgent View Post


I have both the 770 and the HE-300 , now I have a lot to say about both but since it's a wrong thread to start this conversation I'll not ......I hope you know what sibilance is because I can't see the 770 being sibilant , they are bright but not sibilant
Which ones did you have , the LE were said to have rolled of highs but the traditional versions were bright , so .....


I agree with u...i have a beyer mmx300..its also a bit on the bright side....but never caught it being sibilant..but it could be that if the amp ur using is on the bright side sibilance could occur..

post #398 of 654

From the Oxford dictionary:  "Sibilance (of a speech sound) sounded with a hissing effect, for example ssh."  I owned the 880's and yes, in the treble this issue popped up (which is, together with the fact that (just my opinion) I'm not fond of the BD house sound, the reason for selling them.  Very good headphones overall but that was an aspect I could do without.

post #399 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post

From the Oxford dictionary:  "Sibilance (of a speech sound) sounded with a hissing effect, for example s
sh
."  I owned the 880's and yes, in the treble this issue popped up (which is, together with the fact that (just my opinion) I'm not fond of the BD house sound, the reason for selling them.  Very good headphones overall but that was an aspect I could do without.

That's fine man , we are all here to find the headphones which make us smile smily_headphones1.gif
post #400 of 654
I listened to few treble centered tracks and noticed that it was just some tracks. Not the headphone in general. Anyways, back to feeling anxious for that postman xD
post #401 of 654

+1, no arguing about tastes in sound.  Damn, wish I was in Mumbai now, still bloody cold for the time of the year in Delhi.  Was in Mumbai (Fort/Bandra) 2 weeks ago and sure preferred it there.

post #402 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post

+1, no arguing about tastes in sound.  Damn, wish I was in Mumbai now, still bloody cold for the time of the year in Delhi.  Was in Mumbai (Fort/Bandra) 2 weeks ago and sure preferred it there.

Off topic...
Ok, being in India you are allowed to complain about heat, humidity, snakes, and even tigers. You can't complain about cold.
post #403 of 654

OT:  :eek:  I'd die where you are, have grown totally accustomed to the heat over 6 years.  Delhi's dry heat, goes to 47 centigrade in the shade in May though.  Mitigating circumstances regarding the cold:  during winter it dips here to about 2 centigrade at night and 10-12 during daytime BUT houses don't have heating and no thermal insulation to speak of (and I live in luxury, by local standards).  Luckily my AC units can also work as heat pumps but still you're never totally warm between end Nov-beginning of March.

post #404 of 654
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by detoxguy View Post

Off topic...
Ok, being in India you are allowed to complain about heat, humidity, snakes, and even tigers. You can't complain about cold.

Is this Celsius or Farenheit?
post #405 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

Is this Celsius or Farenheit?

When it's in negative , they are same
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)