Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!) - Page 20

post #286 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Will you do anything to make the box more safe to use for not so experienced users?

There's really not much I can do safety-wise. It's up to the user to follow the operating instructions really. 

post #287 of 663
No, not if you don't want to compromise fidelity or features.. But there are really many ways to mess things up with that box. It could be quite cool with a mini jack with further attenuation so you have the option to attenuate like 30 dB to use with in-ears too.
post #288 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

No, not if you don't want to compromise fidelity or features.. But there are really many ways to mess things up with that box. It could be quite cool with a mini jack with further attenuation so you have the option to attenuate like 30 dB to use with in-ears too.


An autotransformerrrr lol

post #289 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

No, not if you don't want to compromise fidelity or features.. But there are really many ways to mess things up with that box. It could be quite cool with a mini jack with further attenuation so you have the option to attenuate like 30 dB to use with in-ears too.


An autotransformerrrr lol

Lol :D

 

How much was those boxes? Did you say 300 quids?

 

Anyway, I could imagine some very nice transformer coupled amps with autotransformer for gain control or something. Would be really cool.

 

EDIT: Brunk, wouldn't adding something as simple as a fuse between the 2 negatives when connected to the jack ground protect from too much current? What about 2 diodes so the grounds don't get shorted?


Edited by davidsh - 2/14/14 at 4:55pm
post #290 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

For those of you interested in a speaker amp to headphones adapter box, I am offering to build the Robinette v3 box for $94 shipped in you live in continental USA since I have been getting alot of PMs about it. I need atleast 4 more people to sign up for interest to make it possible.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/629352/he-500-lcd2-d5000-dt770-sr80-on-a-speaker-amp-emotiva-mini-x-a-100-project/3225#post_10271548

 

:beerchug: 

 

Update: There is enough interest to make it happen, so please PM me if you want one made. I have a few that sent payment already. I am limiting this run to 10 boxes. I will ship international too.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Will you do anything to make the box more safe to use for not so experienced users?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Lol :D

 

How much was those boxes? Did you say 300 quids?

 

Anyway, I could imagine some very nice transformer coupled amps with autotransformer for gain control or something. Would be really cool.

 

EDIT: Brunk, wouldn't adding something as simple as a fuse between the 2 negatives when connected to the jack ground protect from too much current? What about 2 diodes so the grounds don't get shorted?

Davidish you don't sound like a new user :3

 

still Brunk that's really cool that your doing this :D,

post #291 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

 

 

 

Davidish you don't sound like a new user :3

 

still Brunk that's really cool that your doing this :D,

Thanks :) I have enough interest so am accepting payments now. I can ship international too. This run will be limited to 10 boxes, I am not swamping myself with 30 of these lol. :tongue:

post #292 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Thanks :) I have enough interest so am accepting payments now. I can ship international too. This run will be limited to 10 boxes, I am not swamping myself with 30 of these lol. :tongue:

Oh I'm good, I've got my Audio GD Unit that I'm happy with. I ever the time comes that I want to upgrade I think I'll b sticking with them! 

 

Drives my HE 4 nicely 

post #293 of 663

And now I am to make my own box which has less features, will cost me more and take a lot of time to build.. Sigh...

post #294 of 663

2 spots left for a Robinette v3 box guys! PM if interested.

post #295 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

Got my Antique Sound Lab MG Head OTL MK3 today. Even with the cheap chinese tubes it sound great! Mullard tubes are on the way!

 

Congrats ! . I'm Happy to not be the unique MG Head owner here anymore :beerchug: . Maybe should we revive the MG Head thread ? :D 

post #296 of 663
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrodje View Post

Congrats ! . I'm Happy to not be the unique MG Head owner here anymore beerchug.gif  . Maybe should we revive the MG Head thread ? biggrin.gif  
I'm not sure the two of us alone are up to the task.
post #297 of 663

My station. Using an ODAC as a source but not pictured here.

 


Edited by beaver316 - 2/16/14 at 5:08am
post #298 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post
 

My station. Using an ODAC as a source but not pictured here.

 

Nice, good to see the M Stage can drive the HE 4 

post #299 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Nice, good to see the M Stage can drive the HE 4 
Well it drive my he500 also very well also... Better then i expected to be honest..but i had to higher the 2 gain switches under the amp a notch..will never forget those switches..my version 1 (without the cooling holes in side) had mirrored labels..So the otherway around...it took me a few days to find that out though..i felt so silly biggrin.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/16/14 at 5:30pm
post #300 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Well it drive my he500 also very well also... Better then i expected to be honest..but i had to higher the 2 gain switches under the amp a notch..will never forget those switches..my version 1 (without the cooling holes in side) had mirrored labels..So the otherway around...it took me a few days to find that out though..i felt so silly biggrin.gif

I had a Matrix M Stage, that amp got hot! But a nice amp :3, sonically it's a step or so behind my pb2s balanced out. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)