Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread - Page 2

post #16 of 577

HORRAY!!

 

Thank you at my inclusion :wink_face:

post #17 of 577

thank you! What a an awesome year's start for head-fi Straya!

post #18 of 577

Thanks H20! I will post some impressions, but I'm not sure if I will have time for a review (even kinda pulled out of the X5 tour). And guys, be gentle with this one so it doesn't end up like the AX60 :tongue_smile:.

post #19 of 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

thank you! What a an awesome year's start for head-fi Straya!

 

I know, we are all just very kind to each other, us Aussies stick together :tongue_smile:

post #20 of 577
post #21 of 577

Here are the FR graphs for the H-300 they have put up on a Korean audiophile site.

 

post #22 of 577

Here are the units I received two days ago for auditioning and reviewing.

 

 

 

I have been busy and I will be updating on my impressions.

My first 10 minute impression was that they sound like a totally different earphone rather than an upgrade to the H-200. I can see that they tried to fix certain areas they considered flaws from the H-200 but I am afraid this one has a whole new set of flaws of its own. If I make a quick comparison, the H-300 has decreased subbass quantity, boosted mids but vocals are not as clear as they were on the H-200, the high extension has been cut off a lot. The high-hats, cymbals, rides got a lot harder to hear. The bass seems to lean towards the 62Hz area. I was a little confused when I first put these on. I can't exactly pinpoint why it sounds so strange. The clarity is still there for me but something seems to be off. I will be listening to it more and post some more impressions over the weekend. I did like it that they were more comfortable without the ring thing.

post #23 of 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyoo View Post

Here are the units I received two days ago for auditioning and reviewing.





I have been busy and I will be updating on my impressions.
My first 10 minute impression was that they sound like a totally different earphone rather than an upgrade to the H-200. I can see that they tried to fix certain areas they considered flaws from the H-200 but I am afraid this one has a whole new set of flaws of its own. If I make a quick comparison, the H-300 has decreased subbass quantity, boosted mids but vocals are not as clear as they were on the H-200, the high extension has been cut off a lot. The high-hats, cymbals, rides got a lot harder to hear. The bass seems to lean towards the 62Hz area. I was a little confused when I first put these on. I can't exactly pinpoint why it sounds so strange. The clarity is still there for me but something seems to be off. I will be listening to it more and post some more impressions over the weekend. I did like it that they were more comfortable without the ring thing.
Thank you for your impressions. Going from your impressions, they're not looking too great, but we'll have to wait and see. smily_headphones1.gif
post #24 of 577

@jonyoo, how many hours of burn in do they have on them, and do you think that burn in will make a difference?

post #25 of 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

@jonyoo, how many hours of burn in do they have on them, and do you think that burn in will make a difference?

From my experience with burn-ins, I feel that the psychological burn-in or burn-in to my ears have a greater effect on me than the burn-in of a particular earphone. So far I have about 5 hours of listen to them while I was at work. I haven't had the time to get into my analyzing mode yet hehe. As of now they have about 10 hours. The impressions I posted were the most noticeable  differences to me the first 10 minutes in. I will be spending more time with over the weekend and post more impressions soon.

post #26 of 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyoo View Post
 

From my experience with burn-ins, I feel that the psychological burn-in or burn-in to my ears have a greater effect on me than the burn-in of a particular earphone. So far I have about 5 hours of listen to them while I was at work. I haven't had the time to get into my analyzing mode yet hehe. As of now they have about 10 hours. The impressions I posted were the most noticeable  differences to me the first 10 minutes in. I will be spending more time with over the weekend and post more impressions soon.

 

Cool. I personally feel that some iem's and headphones actually do change a fair amount based on burn-in (and others don't), and I do believe that psychological burn-in is often at play as well. But that's a discussion for another day lol.

 

For sure though I find that different tips make a difference. For example, I absolutely love the H200's with the sony mh1c large tips - the bass is beautifully rendered, and the treble "spike" is non-existent - they sound gorgeous. But with any other tips, I am not so enthralled. Not that this translates to the H300's though...

post #27 of 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Cool. I personally feel that some iem's and headphones actually do change a fair amount based on burn-in (and others don't), and I do believe that psychological burn-in is often at play as well. But that's a discussion for another day lol.

 

For sure though I find that different tips make a difference. For example, I absolutely love the H200's with the sony mh1c large tips - the bass is beautifully rendered, and the treble "spike" is non-existent - they sound gorgeous. But with any other tips, I am not so enthralled. Not that this translates to the H300's though...

 

Completely agree with what you said about the burning in. Haven't experienced any drastic changes with any of T-Peos's stuff though after owning the H-100J, H-200, two of their cheaper dynamic earphones and now the H-300. We'll see.

 

Yes, I also found the H-200 very tip-dependent as well. I did a fair amount of tip rolling but actually like large silicone tips they came with (the ones that were green on the inside). But I must say that foam tips work the best for me as they do for whatever I use. I will be getting some large comply tips for these soon and hopefully they will sound much better.

 

One other thing that I noticed...I'm not sure if I'm right but I think the strangeness comes from the large aluminium housing and the way the sound kind of reverberates in there before coming into my ear. It's more noticeable in certain tracks than others but it feels like the music is being played in like a hollow container of some sort. On some tracks it feels like it's creating a larger soundstage and for other tracks it's just awkward. Or maybe it's because of the fix in the lower mids that creates this effect.

post #28 of 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyoo View Post
 

 

Completely agree with what you said about the burning in. Haven't experienced any drastic changes with any of T-Peos's stuff though after owning the H-100J, H-200, two of their cheaper dynamic earphones and now the H-300. We'll see.

 

Yes, I also found the H-200 very tip-dependent as well. I did a fair amount of tip rolling but actually like large silicone tips they came with (the ones that were green on the inside). But I must say that foam tips work the best for me as they do for whatever I use. I will be getting some large comply tips for these soon and hopefully they will sound much better.

 

One other thing that I noticed...I'm not sure if I'm right but I think the strangeness comes from the large aluminium housing and the way the sound kind of reverberates in there before coming into my ear. It's more noticeable in certain tracks than others but it feels like the music is being played in like a hollow container of some sort. On some tracks it feels like it's creating a larger soundstage and for other tracks it's just awkward. Or maybe it's because of the fix in the lower mids that creates this effect.

 

Kinda like the H-100j? or much worse?

 

Great impressions by the way... thanks heaps!

post #29 of 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

Kinda like the H-100j? or much worse?

Great impressions by the way... thanks heaps!

When I first heard the h-100j it felt like there was a huge hole in the middle. A large portion of the lower mids was just not there at all to support the music I listened to. For the H-300 the highs is where the hole was. Just all of the treble as a whole. And the upper mids were way too veiled. T-Peos has gotten a lot of negative feedback from th first batch so they called me yesterday offering to switch it with a last minute retuned version. I should get that today. From what I hear you can hear th high hats now so that's good lol. Forget everything I said before and forget the graph because I am expecting something different.
post #30 of 577
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyoo View Post

When I first heard the h-100j it felt like there was a huge hole in the middle. A large portion of the lower mids was just not there at all to support the music I listened to. For the H-300 the highs is where the hole was. Just all of the treble as a whole. And the upper mids were way too veiled. T-Peos has gotten a lot of negative feedback from th first batch so they called me yesterday offering to switch it with a last minute retuned version. I should get that today. From what I hear you can hear th high hats now so that's good lol. Forget everything I said before and forget the graph because I am expecting something different.

Although I was a fan of H-100, I really disliked H-100J, I also understand some people's stance on the original H-100. What I want to know is who actually listens to these IEM T-Peos make and says: 'yep, that's great, that's exactly the sound we want to achieve' who gives the final go ahead on these products to release them?

H-200 was pretty good. Where have they gone wrong again..
Edited by H20Fidelity - 3/3/14 at 11:48pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread