Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Poll: Which amp should I use for the HD 598's?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Poll: Which amp should I use for the HD 598's?

Poll Results: Which amp (or amp/DAC combination) should I get?

 
  • 60% (3)
    FiiO E17
  • 0% (0)
    FiiO E18
  • 0% (0)
    Bravo Audio Ocean
  • 20% (1)
    AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2
  • 20% (1)
    JDS Labs Objective2
5 Total Votes  
post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

I'm currently interested in four main options (EDIT: 5, including both FiiO's) in amping these cans to their full potential- of which I cannot say, so I'll let you guys help! :D 

 

I'm personally more interested in the Dragonfly and the O2, but it honestly doesn't matter as long as it provides good sound found usually in an amp and especially help the bass come along. I know the HD 598's are not meant to be particularly bassy, but some extension and a little punch would be wonderful! 

 

Since the HD 598's are easy to drive and I plan to order the recent shorter replacement cable that terminates into a 3.5 plug, I will be using them for my desktop, laptop and iPod. However, I will primarily use it with my laptop.

 

Thank you to all that cared to weigh in.


Edited by Garraty - 2/8/14 at 4:40am
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garraty View Post
 

I'm currently interested in four main options (EDIT: 5, including both FiiO's) in amping these cans to their full potential- of which I cannot say, so I'll let you guys help! :D 

 

I'm personally more interested in the Dragonfly and the O2, but it honestly doesn't matter as long as it provides good sound found usually in an amp and especially help the bass come along. I know the HD 598's are not meant to be particularly bassy, but some extension and a little punch would be wonderful! 

 

Thank you to all that cared to weigh in.

If this for use with a computer, get the FiiO E17, the E17's DAC should help improve audio quality.

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

If this for use with a computer, get the FiiO E17, the E17's DAC should help improve audio quality.

Oh, hah! I forgot to say what my source was. Since the HD 598's are easy to drive and I plan to order the recent shorter replacement cable that terminates into a 3.5 plug, I will be using them for my desktop, laptop and iPod. However, I will primarily use it with my laptop.

 

Hope that helped!

post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garraty View Post
 

Oh, hah! I forgot to say what my source was. Since the HD 598's are easy to drive and I plan to order the recent shorter replacement cable that terminates into a 3.5 plug, I will be using them for my desktop, laptop and iPod. However, I will primarily use it with my laptop.

 

Hope that helped!

Perfect, you can use the E17's DAC and amp with the desktop and laptop,

and the E17's amp with the iPod.

post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 

Bump.

post #6 of 8
If this were my money, the Dragonfly would be the only item on that list.
post #7 of 8

I'd suggest a Schiit Vali. It should work quite well with those cans.

post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 

Bump.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Poll: Which amp should I use for the HD 598's?