Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › soundcard/dac for beyerdynamic dt 770 80ohm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

soundcard/dac for beyerdynamic dt 770 80ohm

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

Hello dear head-fi'ers i got the beyerdynamic dt770 80ohm and they are amazing, however since my integrated sound on my pc is crap.. got better sound of my mp3.. so im looking to buy a soundcard or portable dac. The part my headphones are missing, is the "boomp?" the pressure of the sound like thumping in your head, got none of it with my current pc. So any reccomandations would be nice. Got no particular budget. But would like to hear why chose the product u reccomend me

Edit, i am a basshead and love good thumping bass :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VQ-hPy1XGQ one of my favorite songs


Edited by xledruidx - 2/5/14 at 12:07pm
post #2 of 14

You game a lot? Then sound cards has some nice features.. Dunno which to get but the stx is sure a nice sound card

 

Else.. For Amp/DAC there are always the fiio offerings of which you are probably aware already.

 

If you want a new player as well as amp/DAC I can recommend the fiio x3 as it doubles as portable player and amp/DAC. It is comparable to the e17 in sound quality.

post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

You game a lot? Then sound cards has some nice features.. Dunno which to get but the stx is sure a nice sound card

 

Else.. For Amp/DAC there are always the fiio offerings of which you are probably aware already.

 

If you want a new player as well as amp/DAC I can recommend the fiio x3 as it doubles as portable player and amp/DAC. It is comparable to the e17 in sound quality.


i know about the fiio's they are praised alot ;) only problem i see is, i don't know if soundcard/fiio(portable amps) are better.. also there are so many to choose from u got like fii0 and the z02 or something? the ones that boost ur bass very nice, and many many more..

post #4 of 14

I don't know what gives you the most bang for the buck. I think you should choose depending on what you need. All recommendations are solid so to speak.. 

Dunno, can't help you that much further.

post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

I don't know what gives you the most bang for the buck. I think you should choose depending on what you need. All recommendations are solid so to speak.. 

Dunno, can't help you that much further.


ok :) so all fiio products, are nice for the dt 770 80ohms? im a big basshead so just making sure ;)

post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 

bump

post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by xledruidx View Post
 

bump

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card, $60-$90.

Fiio E10, USB-DAC-Amp, $75

If you want headphone surround sound for gaming and movies, get the SB-Z.

If just for music, SB-Z or E10 will work fine.

Technically, the E10 might have a slight edge for audio quality.

post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card, $60-$90.

Fiio E10, USB-DAC-Amp, $75

If you want headphone surround sound for gaming and movies, get the SB-Z.

If just for music, SB-Z or E10 will work fine.

Technically, the E10 might have a slight edge for audio quality.


you saying e10 is good for audio is nice, however it does not help me that much... I need some concrete answers, like why is the fiio10 good with dt770. Does the Fiio 10 help with bass? or just improve sound quality overall

post #9 of 14
Improve sound quality over all. But we can't answer whether you think the improvement is worthwhile. Up to you to try out.
We can guide you on what might be the best choice for you, though
Edited by davidsh - 2/5/14 at 12:46pm
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Improve sound quality over all. But we can't answer whether you think the improvement is worthwhile. Up to you to try out.

We can guide you on what might be the best choice for you, though

 



oh, but i wanna improve bass aswell, since ive heard dt 770 80 ohm is very good with bass? or am i wrong im huge basshead
post #11 of 14

It is said to be a bassy headphone. Yeah, a good amp will most likely improve the bass as well, but the dt770 won't change into a different beast unless your onboard is really bad. Some amps have bass boost, which can be quite neat, though. Many of the fiios have. Personally, I don't really like their bass boost too much, it seems to extend to far into the higher bass frequencies/ lower mids, muddying the sound a little (to my ears).

Something like the ifi iCan has a really nice bass boost (to my ears) for example and the zo2 is known for its ridicoulous bass boost. You can always eq through your computer as well.. But that might require a little more effort.

post #12 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

It is said to be a bassy headphone. Yeah, a good amp will most likely improve the bass as well, but the dt770 won't change into a different beast unless your onboard is really bad. Some amps have bass boost, which can be quite neat, though. Many of the fiios have. Personally, I don't really like their bass boost too much, it seems to extend to far into the higher bass frequencies/ lower mids, muddying the sound a little (to my ears).

Something like the ifi iCan has a really nice bass boost (to my ears) for example and the zo2 is known for its ridicoulous bass boost. You can always eq through your computer as well.. But that might require a little more effort.


ok! so fiio e10for better sound overal, ifi ican for little bass boost, and zo2 for ridicoulous bass boost? thank for for helping me really nice

post #13 of 14

There's also the cheaper ifi ican nano thingy.. But it might be slightly too weak for your beyers.

post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 

bump

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › soundcard/dac for beyerdynamic dt 770 80ohm