So I have all of the following stuff (or rather, access to, it's sort of a collection of family stuff that no one is using). I mean I could sell it if it's worthwhile, even.
Anyways, I just want an idea of what would be the best set-up for my desktop (Z87X-UD3H, ALC898 + DRV632 600ohm headphone amp). I do, gaming, general usage, etc off it, in my private office. I also just ordered some Sennheiser 558s, but I'm wondering if any of this equipment would provide better sound. In which case, maybe I would return the headphones, as the point of the headphones was literally to just upgrade my sound.
- Philips FW-C250 Mini Hi-Fi System with 3-cd Changer (ie cd player system with 2 speakers, with an 'rca to stereominijack adaptor to my motherboard) for stereo
- 2 x KLH Model: 990 small speakers
- 2 x JBL Northridge Series N24AW Left and Right speakers
- 2 x Bose Model 101 Music Monitor (serial number: A50681 and A50682) these are from 1984, 2 small speakers
- 4 x Studio Accoustics Speaker Pair, probably IW-250 or something, these look like you cut a hole in your wall and they fit in (the speaker mesh part would be wider than the hole, so you punch a hole in your wall and fit these in it seems). Brand new
- Sonance Sonamp 1250 MKII This thing weighs a TON
- JVC RX-718V
- Sony STR-DE897
- TEAC AG-V8525
- JBL Subwoofer AC 0008-02643 Model: Sub 6
- Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble II by Henry Kloss, 43064,
- Phillips FW-C250
- JBL Subwoofer Sub 6
(mentioned above), I have it plugged in-line, like I have the Front Audio out from the back of my motherboard, to the Red/White connection on my Phillips CD changer set. Then, I have positive/negative cables for Left and Right speakers going from that, to the Subwoofer, and then out from that to my Left and Right Speaker. The Subwoofer 'intercepts' low notes, makes a bbrrbrbrbbrb, and the speakers play as normal. Sound definitely is better with the sub hooked up, I can change it's sensitivity (ie what it considers bassy enough to switch on for) and the volume of it (how loud that bassy signal will come out as).
Pictured on the left is the Subwoofer and then the speakers.
Edited by Belial88 - 2/4/14 at 10:55pm