- 20 Posts. Joined 11/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Reach Headphone Nirvana $1,000?, Yes you can!!! (HD 598) Last post on 1/18/13 at 11:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best listening experience: iPod + AMP or new DAP? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:57am in Portable Source Gear
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Good entry full size amp to pair with marantz cd5004 and sennheiser hd 598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A headphone amp without a DAC built into it* will have RCA analogue inputs, so you hook those up to the analogue outputs on the CD5004.
Those just have caps to protect them from dust, BTW
You can find some headphone amps that have a decent DAC - or DACs that have a decent headphone amp - that have both analogue and digital inputs; check if the Burson Conductor and some AudioGD products have these. That way you can choose whether to hook up the CDP either way, depending on which sound you prefer; and maybe even have your computer or laptop (or compatible USB Audio-capable smartphone) in the other input.
Still, doesn't the CD5004 have a decent headphone out? When I had my old Marantz CD60, I liked its headphone out over the Little Dot MkII for my HD600.
*or a DAC with good headphone amp with its own analogue inputs
It does have a very nice headphone out I've just heard that a good amp will really improve the sound. I don't know if this is actually true though as i have no way of testing this without slapping down a lot of money which i don't feel like doing at the moment. Ill just hold off for now and enjoy the system i have. It actually sounds better since I've gotten it (don't know if Cd players have burn in like headphones). Any ways if I keep spending money on equipment I wont have any money for music which is the most important part of any setup in my opinion. Thanks for the info though I'll keep it in mind for the future.
- Good entry full size amp to pair with marantz cd5004 and sennheiser hd 598
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › VE - A New and Impresive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 6 minutes ago
- › Will HD518 be an improvement over PX100 ii? 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica ATH-RE700 advice needed! 8 minutes ago
- › Which feature do you most want to see from Rockbox in our X series... 8 minutes ago
- › Unbalanced sound in my ears 8 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2