- 8 Posts. Joined 11/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Reach Headphone Nirvana $1,000?, Yes you can!!! (HD 598) Last post on 1/18/13 at 11:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser 518's vs. 598's Last post on Yesterday at 8:20 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing a DAC for iMac Last post on Yesterday at 8:40 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- iMac Audio Setup decisions Last post on 3/9/14 at 8:10am in Computer Audio
- Gaming headphones with bass extension, $150-$250 budget Last post on 3/11/14 at 12:03pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
I bought this in 2012-06, when my Brainwavz M2 broke. It was given a Sonic Diamond by ClieOS for the pre-order price and 4.2 / 5 for the sound quality, so I expected quite a bit. Unfortunately,...
Good entry full size amp to pair with marantz cd5004 and sennheiser hd 598post #1 of 32/4/14 at 6:40pmThread StarterI'm curious about investing somewhere down the line in a head phone amp to pair with my sennheiser hd 598 s and marantz cd 5004. This is not an immediate purchase so I'd be curious to hear about amps from different price ranges but no more than 250 usdlrs I suppose. I'm also curious as to how I would hook up an amp to my CD player. The digital out has a coaxial and optical option. Would this limit my choice of amps? Which would be best to use? Thanks.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 32/4/14 at 7:01pm
A headphone amp without a DAC built into it* will have RCA analogue inputs, so you hook those up to the analogue outputs on the CD5004.
Those just have caps to protect them from dust, BTW
You can find some headphone amps that have a decent DAC - or DACs that have a decent headphone amp - that have both analogue and digital inputs; check if the Burson Conductor and some AudioGD products have these. That way you can choose whether to hook up the CDP either way, depending on which sound you prefer; and maybe even have your computer or laptop (or compatible USB Audio-capable smartphone) in the other input.
Still, doesn't the CD5004 have a decent headphone out? When I had my old Marantz CD60, I liked its headphone out over the Little Dot MkII for my HD600.
*or a DAC with good headphone amp with its own analogue inputspost #3 of 32/5/14 at 5:22pmThread Starter
It does have a very nice headphone out I've just heard that a good amp will really improve the sound. I don't know if this is actually true though as i have no way of testing this without slapping down a lot of money which i don't feel like doing at the moment. Ill just hold off for now and enjoy the system i have. It actually sounds better since I've gotten it (don't know if Cd players have burn in like headphones). Any ways if I keep spending money on equipment I wont have any money for music which is the most important part of any setup in my opinion. Thanks for the info though I'll keep it in mind for the future.
- Good entry full size amp to pair with marantz cd5004 and sennheiser hd 598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 26 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 26 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 28 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1 58 seconds ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Portable, closed over-/on-ear phones for mostly metal? 2 minutes ago
- › [TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread -... 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Dsavitsk/Beezar Torpedo Build Thread 2 minutes ago
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › AKG K619 Premium DJ Headphones with Mic (Black) by jonnablaze
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude