- 20 Posts. Joined 11/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Reach Headphone Nirvana $1,000?, Yes you can!!! (HD 598) Last post on 1/18/13 at 11:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 598 for vocals Last post on 5/21/15 at 5:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
First off, I got the E80 on loan from a generous fellow headfi'er. You know who you are. Thanks! I have absolutely no connection to SoundMagic and have no incentive to compose this review...
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
Good entry full size amp to pair with marantz cd5004 and sennheiser hd 598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A headphone amp without a DAC built into it* will have RCA analogue inputs, so you hook those up to the analogue outputs on the CD5004.
Those just have caps to protect them from dust, BTW
You can find some headphone amps that have a decent DAC - or DACs that have a decent headphone amp - that have both analogue and digital inputs; check if the Burson Conductor and some AudioGD products have these. That way you can choose whether to hook up the CDP either way, depending on which sound you prefer; and maybe even have your computer or laptop (or compatible USB Audio-capable smartphone) in the other input.
Still, doesn't the CD5004 have a decent headphone out? When I had my old Marantz CD60, I liked its headphone out over the Little Dot MkII for my HD600.
*or a DAC with good headphone amp with its own analogue inputs
It does have a very nice headphone out I've just heard that a good amp will really improve the sound. I don't know if this is actually true though as i have no way of testing this without slapping down a lot of money which i don't feel like doing at the moment. Ill just hold off for now and enjoy the system i have. It actually sounds better since I've gotten it (don't know if Cd players have burn in like headphones). Any ways if I keep spending money on equipment I wont have any money for music which is the most important part of any setup in my opinion. Thanks for the info though I'll keep it in mind for the future.
- Good entry full size amp to pair with marantz cd5004 and sennheiser hd 598
- › [Smartphone + Hi-Fi] Xiaomi Mi Note 42 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best headphones for classical music 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 6 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3