Hi folks, sorry, nothing yet. We have a major launch going on and I'm not in the office with the WA7 lately. I hope to get some time this week, though.
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide [UPDATED] Last post on 5/7/16 at 9:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 5/23/15 at 6:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD700 Amplifier Questions? Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:28pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
Which Woo amp for Audeze LCD-X? - Page 3post #31 of 333/16/14 at 10:31pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 3312/13/14 at 10:53am
apologies - this is a rookie question from someone still getting to grips with the basics.
Just read through this thread & I'm curious about the recommendations for the woo wa5-le for driving Audeze & other planar magnetic headphones. I was under the impression that Audeze headphones did best out of amplifiers which output a lot of power. This seems to be why most often SS amps are favoured instead of tube-amps. The Audeze website recommends the optimal output range being 1 - 4 watts.
Looking at the Woo comparison table it states that the WA5-LE delivers only 0.6 watts @ 32 Ohms , whereas the much less expensive WA6-SE delivers 2 watts at 32 Ohms.
Would someone be able to explain to me how the LCD series headphones are still able to excel on the WA5 or on other amplifiers which are lesser powered. Am I misunderstanding the figures (very possible) or just getting too hung up on them?
Jeb.post #33 of 331/22/15 at 10:34amQuote:
Any feedback on your comparison?
- Which Woo amp for Audeze LCD-X?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Hifiman Edition S - NEW Closed Portable 7 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 12 seconds ago
- › Emotiva Big Ego and Little Ego 22 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › On-ear headphones around $200 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...