Hi folks, sorry, nothing yet. We have a major launch going on and I'm not in the office with the WA7 lately. I hope to get some time this week, though.
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide [UPDATED] Last post on 5/15/15 at 7:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 5/23/15 at 6:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD700 Amplifier Questions? Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:28pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 4/13/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Which Woo amp for Audeze LCD-X? - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
apologies - this is a rookie question from someone still getting to grips with the basics.
Just read through this thread & I'm curious about the recommendations for the woo wa5-le for driving Audeze & other planar magnetic headphones. I was under the impression that Audeze headphones did best out of amplifiers which output a lot of power. This seems to be why most often SS amps are favoured instead of tube-amps. The Audeze website recommends the optimal output range being 1 - 4 watts.
Looking at the Woo comparison table it states that the WA5-LE delivers only 0.6 watts @ 32 Ohms , whereas the much less expensive WA6-SE delivers 2 watts at 32 Ohms.
Would someone be able to explain to me how the LCD series headphones are still able to excel on the WA5 or on other amplifiers which are lesser powered. Am I misunderstanding the figures (very possible) or just getting too hung up on them?
Any feedback on your comparison?
- Which Woo amp for Audeze LCD-X?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 23 seconds ago
- › Mjolnir Audio electrostatic amps 36 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › AC vs. DC umbilical power cord 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Sennhiser Amperior vs HD25 vs AKGk545 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2