Hi folks, sorry, nothing yet. We have a major launch going on and I'm not in the office with the WA7 lately. I hope to get some time this week, though.
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [Review] Woo Audio WA7, a very unscientific review Last post on 1/21/15 at 6:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- WA7 " Hum " Last post on 10/24/14 at 9:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
It seems petty to complain about a $100 hi-res/high capacity player, but I'll give it whirl. It might help to understand that I've been using iPods and iTunes since Apple came out with the...
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Which Woo amp for Audeze LCD-X? - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
apologies - this is a rookie question from someone still getting to grips with the basics.
Just read through this thread & I'm curious about the recommendations for the woo wa5-le for driving Audeze & other planar magnetic headphones. I was under the impression that Audeze headphones did best out of amplifiers which output a lot of power. This seems to be why most often SS amps are favoured instead of tube-amps. The Audeze website recommends the optimal output range being 1 - 4 watts.
Looking at the Woo comparison table it states that the WA5-LE delivers only 0.6 watts @ 32 Ohms , whereas the much less expensive WA6-SE delivers 2 watts at 32 Ohms.
Would someone be able to explain to me how the LCD series headphones are still able to excel on the WA5 or on other amplifiers which are lesser powered. Am I misunderstanding the figures (very possible) or just getting too hung up on them?
Any feedback on your comparison?
- Which Woo amp for Audeze LCD-X?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FiiO X3K 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K702 build quality vs others 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 4 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 6 minutes ago
- › ATH AD700 or Alessandro MS1 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Good headphones for midtones, very light, cheap as possible but not... 8 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)