Hi folks, sorry, nothing yet. We have a major launch going on and I'm not in the office with the WA7 lately. I hope to get some time this week, though.
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 2/19/15 at 10:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD700 Amplifier Questions? Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:28pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- [Review] Woo Audio WA7, a very unscientific review Last post on 1/27/15 at 2:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Which Woo amp for Audeze LCD-X? - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
apologies - this is a rookie question from someone still getting to grips with the basics.
Just read through this thread & I'm curious about the recommendations for the woo wa5-le for driving Audeze & other planar magnetic headphones. I was under the impression that Audeze headphones did best out of amplifiers which output a lot of power. This seems to be why most often SS amps are favoured instead of tube-amps. The Audeze website recommends the optimal output range being 1 - 4 watts.
Looking at the Woo comparison table it states that the WA5-LE delivers only 0.6 watts @ 32 Ohms , whereas the much less expensive WA6-SE delivers 2 watts at 32 Ohms.
Would someone be able to explain to me how the LCD series headphones are still able to excel on the WA5 or on other amplifiers which are lesser powered. Am I misunderstanding the figures (very possible) or just getting too hung up on them?
Any feedback on your comparison?
- Which Woo amp for Audeze LCD-X?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 11 seconds ago
- › Your Daily Dose of Postmodern Feline Combinatoriality 16 seconds ago
- › Best bluetooth headphones under $300? Help needed. (Lots of details... 52 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › DAC/Amp for HD800, D7000, 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2