These came in the mail today (for review):
"Woodphones" by Blake Graham.
A review will be coming from me next week.
My choices of customisation were:
- Tunable bass port (various filters included) - I believe mine is the only model (so far) to have this feature.
- Type of wood (African paduk, babinga, purple heart wood, mahogany, and I assume others) - My choice was hard maple.
- Colour of pads (they appear to be Beyer Dynamic pads) - I chose grey.
- Design of inside of the cup - I let him use his own designs.
- Words to be engraved on the inside - I chose my own nickname.
- Colour and material of headband - my choice was a light tan/brown leather.
There was a myriad of other choices along the line - such as the location of the bass filters for storage, for which he made into a little compartment on the name plate.
He took his time explaining the different kinds of wood, and how the density of them would change the sound.
He even hinted at an upcoming planar magnetic model.
These ones have dynamic drivers.
I won't make a comment on the sound yet, as I'm not at home in front of my rig or music.
I will be organising a tour of these around Australia after the review is posted, please let me know if you're interested.
The display plate/stand - I have blacked out my name, which is a shame, because it was very neatly inscribed:
Rear of the plate, for filter storage:
The bass filters:
The headphones themselves:
My Nickname inscribed on the inside of the cup, and Blakes design: